• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fast acting benzo.

fermonos

Bluelighter
What is the best benzo which will work fast.

What I need it for is I'm going to be delving into psychedelics and I need a benzo which is short lasting but very fast acting to kick in almost immediately if I start to have a bad trip.

Thanks.

Depends what you can get a hold of I'd go for xanax kicks in fast and hard

there's the classic Xanax, good for panic attacks and stuff.
triazolam is one of the fastest acting and also doesn't last for long (2 hours tops) - so it'd be good to have if you wanna keep tripping when your suitably calmed down you can just carry on, same day.
or you could get hold of some midazolam: its injectable so it kicks in almost instantly, i should know, they doped me up with this a few times to stop panic attacks.
- tbh you probs shouldn't be tripping and shooting up so y0u'd have to find someone to stick you

What is the best benzo which will work fast.

What I need it for is I'm going to be delving into psychedelics and I need a benzo which is short lasting but very fast acting to kick in almost immediately if I start to have a bad trip.

Thanks.
If you can get it, then Xanax (Alprazolam) or possibly Etizolam.

It's not precisely a benzo 'per se' and I'm not sure if it can be prescribed in the US but Flunitrazepam, also known as Rohypnol among other names can work within 2 minutes or less and it's highly effective although it doesn't last too long. The goal is to get someone to fall asleep as immediately as possible.

It's also going to be a matter of what is actually available to you. In a perfect world, you would be able to make your choice based upon your education and throw down the money. It's probably not going to be that simple. For your purposes, really, I feel that a wide-range of Benzodiazepines would be appropriate. Between say, Lorazepam (Ativan), Alprazolam (Xanax), Nitrazepam (Mogadon) or even Diazepam (Valium), I feel you'd be splitting hairs by spending too much time determining which will bring faster relief. Just having a Benzodiazepine available should be enough.

Also under the tongue is the way to go in situations like that kicks in harder and faster but wears off quicker

Xanax is the fastest acting Benzo thats not very rare and hard to get. Take it sublingualy (let it dissolve under your tounge). Seroquel IR works pretty well for bad trips too, if you're low on money (very cheap). They both kick in around 20 minutes. Personal reaction to different Benzos greatly varies however, so occasionally another benzo could kick in faster. You could experiment with all Benzos you have access to to see which one kicks in the fastest, but there's a 95% chance it'll be Xanax. The great thing (other than the obvious) about having Benzos ready in case you have a bad trip is that you know you can stop the trip at any time, so you don't have the thought "there's no escape, what if I have a bad trip, (etc.)" that can spiral down into a bad trip. It can stop a bad trip, and it makes it less likely to have one in the first place.

Well I can get pretty much any benzo really. I can even get that midzolam or whatever. I remember having that for teeth extraction which I was really nervous about. But yeah IV'ing wouldn't be in the question.

I think I'll get xanax since it seems to be the best option could you guys recommend a dose? I don't think I want to be 'knocked out' just calm and not in a manic state. Also how long do I need it under my tongue? I thought a lot of drugs taken this way need to stay there around 15-30 minutes.

And also, since it's short acting. Once it wears off, would I be safe to re-dose if I started going down the wrong thought path again and couldn't help panicking?

Unless you're experienced with Xanax always start low and test it without the psychedelics first of course - I'd be surprised if you need much more than 0.5mg unless you've got benzo tolerance although sensitivity varies a lot. You can probably safely repeat that after four or so hours but I'd be very careful with re-dosing Xanax especially when combining with any other drugs as it's easy to lose track and compared to other benzos it seems to produce a lot more black outs at much lower doses. For myself (70kg male) I can use 0.5mg to catch a snooze on meth and if I do 2mg then I always wake up with my laundry in the fridge or something like that and have no memory of doing it. I am exceptionally sensitive but I think black outs stop being unusual at about 4-5mg but it will depend on a lot of factors. Most of my friends can take 4 or 5mg when drunk and not have problems but as with all drugs it's worth knowing how you react to them individually before combining.

I don't know if it's still widely available in a safe form but I always used to combine a couple of balloons of nitrous with a normal sized amount of LSD for people who said they wanted to do a big one .. as you get about 10 seconds that are equivalent to a few thousand ugs of acid. It will scale down of course but absolutely don't try combos with anything else unless you're really experienced but nitrous is so well tolerated and brief this makes for a good way of experiencing the more extreme things psychedelics have to offer without having to settle in with a trip sitter for 8 hours.

Xanax is short acting, but it's not really short enough that youd have to redose later on in the trip. Id strongly recommend not using any Benzos except for bad trips, or if you're experimenting with them for information that would help you with using them during a bad trip. Benzos are super addictive, but you probably won't have any problem with them if you only use it as needed for a bad trip, unless you have like 3 or more bad trips a week (which I doubt you do). It takes enourmous doses of Benzos for potential fatality, and with Xanax it's nearly impossible (the lowest potential lethal dose is like 250 mg I think, but I know it's definitely over 200. That's 100 bars). Benzo overdoses only happen when mixed with certain other drugs, but not with normal psychedelics (some disassociatives and borderline hallucinogens like GHB though). Basically, there's no life-threatening limit on the xanax dose. However, it could knock you out for a pretty long time if you take too much, but I mean you really don't have to worry about taking too much here. I'd recommend 4 mg, which is a somewhat high dose (normal recreational doses are about 2 mg), but is still safe and is about what you need to almost garuntee an end to a bad trip. About taking it sublingualy, I'm guessing it would be like 10-15 minutes to fully dissolve. I've never taken Xanax sublingualy, but I've taken lorazepam sublingualy several times, and it took 8-13 minutes. If it takes more time than that, just swallow what's left in your mouth. You could always just pop one of them and take the other sublingualy. Also, crushing it before putting it under your tounge will make it dissolve faster. It dissolves faster if you pretend like you're sucking a straw, but keep your tounge down on top of it so you don't accedently swallow it. Make sure you're hydrated, if your mouth is really dry it'll dissolve a lot slower.