Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fans of the Young Ones

I bought it on dvd years ago with some extra stuff on the set , i remember it on early MTV ..
794051168023.jpg

Do you guys have a favorite character? I really like Rick, he seems like he's on amphetamine all the time, haha. But Neil is probably my favorite these days.

CAPTAIN: We wish to engage you as ship's cook and concubine.

CRONE: Oh yeah? What's a concubine, then?

CAPTAIN: It's a small, spiky mammal.

CRONE: No... that's a hedgehog!

CAPTAIN: In that case we wish to engage you in ships cook and hedgehog.

_44227723_bambi.jpg

Neil FTW , i loved the one when he got a cold and had a black bin liner for all the snot xD

I rememer seeing this in the US @ a neighbor's house when I was about 8 or 9. Most of the jokes went over my head but I appreciated Vyvyn's mohawk and always wondered how he got those studs to stick in his forehead. As I got older, I continued watching reruns and really began to appreciate the humor. Next to Black Adder, Young ones is one of my favorite UK comedies.

Last edited:
Do you guys have a favorite character? I really like Rick, he seems like he's on amphetamine all the time, haha. But Neil is probably my favorite these days.

Rick and Neil are the dogs Bollocks! Characters have a great Chemistry. Am Partial to Vyvian too, he reminds me of me once a month! ;)

Rick Mayall is genial, just watched a load of old 'Bottom' episodes last night, what happened to him?- stuff Russel Brand, he's such a low-quality, imitation!:p...

The Young Ones - Oh Neil Neil!

Brilliant show.

Very little good comedy on UK channels these days.

Ive been saying that for some time now, i honestly think this is part of why so many people are so fucking depressed

Its all serious shit thats on or stupid reality shows that you see normal every day people end up getting shit loads of cash while u sit and watch with a fiver in your pocket

^Sucker!

Yeah, Russel Brand does seem like an imitation of Rick Mayall. I never noticed that.

Low-quality imitation...obviously, there is no real comparison but you can see elements of his badly, plagarised, camp, over the top 'acting' which he has used. Given his age, he has taken facets of Brtish humorists/actors of the day and of earlier genres... and pawned it off, then exported it; like it is a completely 'unique' product...uhhh he does bug the beejezus out of me with his pseudo creative horse-shit...anyway I divert...

I love Ben Elton as a novelist and a screenwriter. "The Young Ones", while not as hilarious or brilliant as the "Blackadder" series, was way before it's time. One of the most influential post-modern television shows of all time, up there with Monty Python's Flying Circus in my opinion.

My favorite character has to be Rik, "the people's poet".

I recommend "Filthy, Rich & Catflap" to fans of "The Young Ones". Most people aren't familiar with "F, R & C". It was cancelled after one season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092351/

It is co-written by Ben Elton & Rik Mayall, and stars Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer (Neil) and Adrian Edmonson (Vyvyan). Basically it is the closest thing that you will ever find to "The Young Ones" and although it doesn't quite compete on the same level as it's predecessor, it is essential viewing for Elton/Mayall fans.

Torrents available online.