• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Family Says they Dont want to Talk to me Anymore.

MedicalCoding

Greenlighter
I grew up in a strict Baptist Family. I got into Tarot cards 3 years ago, and I recently started reading them myself. Yesterday morning, my grandma texted me and said that they do not want any further contact with me if I am into a cult! Regardless of the Tarot cards, I don't understand how she could abandon me like this!

Some of my family won't talk to me because I'm a vegetarian.

Unfortunately, some people are closed minded and they can't even maintain a friendship/relationship through differences. You can try to work things out, for sure, and explain your views, etc. But some people simply can't see past it. I do hope that they are able to get through your differences and learn that you can still maintain a relationship and believe in different things.

wow llama those people are fucking idiots, my gran is vegetarian and if we go for pizza i can have meat on it know what i'm saying.

family is more important than labels and judgement

My dads family which is my only family since my mom doesnt have any doesn't talk to me bc they hate my mom :/ imagine if they knew I was a junkie!

how do you they know you use tarot cards?

and do they think your in a cult? or into the occult?

OP, that is unbelievable. I take it you have already tried talking to your grandma about it? Did you tell her how hurt you are that she would literally cut you out of her life over something that she does not agree with? When I was 19 I had a landlady that I got really close to that was in her 80's. I used to call her my surrogate grandma. I think you need to go find a surrogate grandma.

She'll come around. Love her like you always have. Just accept that she is full of judgement and love her just the same. In other words, don't judge her back! Hopefully she'll figure it out! ;)

Most my family cut off contact with me when I was a teenager because I smoked mj. Most these people had serious alcohol and drug problems.

I get invitations to family reunions and on the bottom of the card it says "ps. If you show up your a dead man."

I personally don't want to speak with my father but it took me a very long time to figure out why my sisters wouldn't speak with me.

The thing was it wasn't anything I did. They had an excuse and used it. So did my cousin's.

My father treated me like shit growing up to say the least mainly because he had issues with his father. He said I didn't live up to his expectations. Once again reasoning.

I couldn't imagine havong a heavy duty religious family. I actually get a bit off crap for being Christian as my whole family are atheists.

Sounds like you are in store for an exorcism if you want to grovel for acceptance. I wouldn't bother.

I'd go make something of myself and then talk to them while denying behavior they disapprove of.

Wow when I became a Satanist my mother actually was really interested in it and asked me to explain my belief system to her. She totally accepts my religion and supports it. On the other hand I'm sure if I told other family members who aren't so open they'd give me an earful, but exiling me from the family, I don't think they'd go that far. That's really not cool they did that to you.

Lol tarot cards, that makes me think of the King Of The Hill episode where Bobby hangs out with a group of kids who call themselves the order of something and they do tarot cards and have to drink "canines spiritus." Loololoolo.

You know Jesus Christ would accept anyone "Prostitutes, Thieves, ect."

They should thrive to become more like Christ.

They should accept you, but maybe not the Tarot cards :)

You guys need to have an open constructive discussion & express your feelings without getting tempered..