• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Fallout New Vegas

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
Any New Vegas players still around? I'm about to pick it up again and create a new mod selection. I was hoping someone else happens to be proficient in this hobby around here too?

Loved that game, hell love that whole franchise. I just finished getting 100% of the trophies on Fallout 4 and am impatiently awaiting the rumored DLC content they're supposed to be offering before the end of March.

New Vegas is definitely one of the best ones in the franchise. Unfortunately I play on Playstation, so I don't know anything about modding(I'm assuming you play on PC).

bruh, glitches are out in this game, right.

so you want hella caps? Go with the minutemen in the beginning (it doesn't cancel anything other than adding an extra sidquest when you join.) As soon as you can, make as many industrial purifiers as you can at Sanctuary. Nearly every time you return, the excess (the amount produced minus the number of settlers) is available at the workshop bench. For me, it's eventually gotten to where, on the few settlements with a decent amount of water space, I can regularly pick up an extra 240 water bottles at three or four different settlements and sell 'em all for like 12 a pop..... that's 14000 every couple days. Time consuming to set up, but worth it to do as early as possible so you can let that build up while you do missions and shit.

but yeah, bro, any questions and we should be able to help you quick around here.

bruh, glitches are out in this game, right.

so you want hella caps? Go with the minutemen in the beginning (it doesn't cancel anything other than adding an extra sidquest when you join.) As soon as you can, make as many industrial purifiers as you can at Sanctuary. Nearly every time you return, the excess (the amount produced minus the number of settlers) is available at the workshop bench. For me, it's eventually gotten to where, on the few settlements with a decent amount of water space, I can regularly pick up an extra 240 water bottles at three or four different settlements and sell 'em all for like 12 a pop..... that's 14000 every couple days. Time consuming to set up, but worth it to do as early as possible so you can let that build up while you do missions and shit.

but yeah, bro, any questions and we should be able to help you quick around here.

I didn't really need to use any glitches for caps in Fallout 4. Even playing on Survival Mode I was able to rack up close to 100k caps by just doing the missions and loading up my inventory and my companion's inventory with the most expensive weapons/armor enemies dropped. Once you're both full, drop into Diamond City or Goodneighbor, sell everything & repair power armor and head back out to repeat the process.

In that sense I thought the game was a little too easy on the hardest setting. All the best weapons/armor are drops or rewards so there's really no need for a ton of caps. You collect more than enough AID items like stimpaks, med-x, etc. when you're out doing shit so you don't really need to ever buy any of those. The only thing that costs any caps to build in settlements are stores, and those start making caps back for you anyway. It's all supposed to balance out because ammo is expensive, but they screwed up by making ammo weightless. So you can collect every bullet every enemy drops without becoming over-encumbered, sell the calibers you don't use, and use that money to buy the calibers you do use without taking a hit to your caps.

What they need to do is to come up with something that's extremely rare to find out on the map or only available at shops that's expensive. Because even the rarest items like mini nukes and the best power armor aren't that hard to get.

Fallout 4 was alright. It's bad when I don't want to play it without additional modifications. I'm going to shoot for a nice mod set up on New Vegas. I can realistically fit maybe 120-130 plugins as I merge as much as possible with FNVxEdit Mergerscripts and Wrye Flash. That Gamesbryo engine was garbage in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but most of the performance hiccups can be fixed with 3 mods; 4GB New Vegas Loader, ENBoost binaries, New Vegas Anti-stutter Remover.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/GrymReefer/ I would appreciate the friendly gesture of adding me because I don't want to start begging. No one on my list plays anymore or they play the same game for 160 hrs/2 weeks for the last year. Then he tells me I don't have a life!

I didn't really need to use any glitches for caps in Fallout 4. Even playing on Survival Mode I was able to rack up close to 100k caps by just doing the missions and loading up my inventory and my companion's inventory with the most expensive weapons/armor enemies dropped. Once you're both full, drop into Diamond City or Goodneighbor, sell everything & repair power armor and head back out to repeat the process.

In that sense I thought the game was a little too easy on the hardest setting. All the best weapons/armor are drops or rewards so there's really no need for a ton of caps. You collect more than enough AID items like stimpaks, med-x, etc. when you're out doing shit so you don't really need to ever buy any of those. The only thing that costs any caps to build in settlements are stores, and those start making caps back for you anyway. It's all supposed to balance out because ammo is expensive, but they screwed up by making ammo weightless. So you can collect every bullet every enemy drops without becoming over-encumbered, sell the calibers you don't use, and use that money to buy the calibers you do use without taking a hit to your caps.

What they need to do is to come up with something that's extremely rare to find out on the map or only available at shops that's expensive. Because even the rarest items like mini nukes and the best power armor aren't that hard to get.

I like to amass massive caps for massive amounts of ammunition because you can't craft them in this one like the previous ones. :(

But you're right, though, caps aren't super important.... I just kinda used that to gauge my high-score, lol.

The only glitch I used before it patched was with the merchants. If you sold all of a certain ammo type you owned, and then bought a single one back before completing the transaction, a single ammo would become permanent in your inventory on the merchant screen. What I found out after that was interesting. After I got the glitched, permanent single ammo in my inventory, I would check to see how many of that ammo the merchant had already. Say he had 50 missiles. All I needed to do was sell 51 missiles one-by-one for a regular profit, and the missiles that I was supposed to be selling to the merchant would glitch back into my inventory on top of the permanent missile I had initially glitched. Then, I sold the glitched 51 missiles all at once and ended up with all the caps for the 51, but now I had 102 missiles in my inventory. Repeat as needed.

and sure, the merchants only had a certain amount of caps at their disposal, but it allowed me to completely clear the junk, ammo, and weapons (for dismantling) inventory AND run off with all the vendors caps. The glitch didn't let me keep the thousands of extra glitched missiles, though. (And missiles were just an example in this.... typically I used whatever ammo the vendor had the least amount of, but it had to be above 10 and the more expensive ammunition types didn't work for it.) My citizens were also full loaded with gauss cannons and automatic assault rifles and combat armor. My villages are not to be fucked with, lol.

I mainly used this to make indestructible fortresses out of my minutemen villages, to be honest. And power armor repairs. Aluminum and oil was a bitch to come by, even though you can make your own oil once you learn how to farm effectively.

It is a pretty easy game, though, it's just nostalgic for me and it's still awesome in it's own right. It's a great game to smoke a li'l weed, grab a few beers and just relax while you (welll, I) fuck around with it.

[EDIT: Also, adhesive can be made by creating a farm of 3 corn, 3 tomato and 3 muttfruit, and then with combining them with a single purified water at a cooking station to make vegetable starch, which yields 5 adhesive apiece and give you experience for the process.

Seriously, there's so many way to play fallout it's ridiculous. I wish it were kinda like Rust, though, where you could link up with other people and build shit too. It gets pretty repetitive towards the endgame.]

Last edited:
Lol I just made a .BAT file for all the materials quantified at x1000 each. I'm trying to see if I can McGruber some 2-pl;ayer LAN co-op on a VPN. I did it with Skyrim before and was able dick around for hours on that game.

Seriously, there's so many way to play fallout it's ridiculous. I wish it were kinda like Rust, though, where you could link up with other people and build shit too. It gets pretty repetitive towards the endgame.]

I wouldn't be surprised if they added that functionality later on. I'm pretty sure GTA V did that, didn't have multiplayer at release but added it later on. Fallout 4 multiplayer would be so sick.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added that functionality later on. I'm pretty sure GTA V did that, didn't have multiplayer at release but added it later on. Fallout 4 multiplayer would be so sick.

Dude it's a mess once you try to run a Bethesda game as a virtual listen server... Considering those games weren't originally intended to have mutliplayer functionality, going back through and putting online play into effect would essentially break everything in some form.

I don't know about Rust, but a lot of the Gold Source games require me to use primitive port forwarding UDP/TCP.

Oh yeah! And the butt hurt that's coursing through my bones right now is overhwhelming as I went to procrastinate last night and avoid all educational homework by getting on Steam and then it happened....

Not a single one of you jive turkeys added me.

^Sorry mang. Like I said I play on PS4 so I'm not on steam.

Regarding the difficulty of adding multiplayer function to Fallout 4, I won't pretend to understand the intricacies of why it'd be difficult, but I think adding that functionality might be easier for XBox and PS4 players. Those systems already have robust networks in place for multiplayer gaming that Sony and Microsoft built and maintain. Bethesda could probably piggyback off of them and make adding that functionality much easier.

Plus it's the natural evolution of the game. Gaming consumers want multiplayer on their favorite titles and even the mega popular franchises that have always been strictly one-player like GTA finally added co-op and multiplayer. You can only keep releasing new single-player games in a franchise for so long before people start to lose interest and favor other popular titles with multiplayer functionality. Fallout 4 is a perfect example. I obtained 100% of the trophies and then proceeded to do every available quest and side-quest in the game until there were no more missions or places to discover. Even after that I wanted to play more, but there was nothing to do so I stopped and started playing a different game. Multi-player is the end-all-be-all for franchises to survive indefinitely nowadays, at least on console. Regardless of how difficult or expensive it'd be for Bethesda to implement it, that's what they should be focusing on instead of the next single-player title in line.

I saw a crazy factoid the other day that stated the combined playing time of all the players in the world playing Call of Duty multiplayer since its inception in 2004 was 2.85 million years. I had to google because it sounded so ridiculous, but apparently it's true. That's 25 BILLION hours of combined cumulative playing time and averages out to 2,000 years of playing time PER DAY. How unbelievable is that? I doubt COD would even still be around 12 years after their first title had they not introduced multiplayer.

Last edited:
holy shit, i've been barred out the past couple days and realized this thread was about new vegas.

If you wise guys haven't already figured it out and disregarded most of what I said, I had been referring to Fallout 4. Lol, I'm kind of retarded sometimes, my B..... :\

lol that's ok. I was talking about Fallout 4 too. I haven't played new Vegas in years. :p

Any New Vegas players still around? I'm about to pick it up again and create a new mod selection. I was hoping someone else happens to be proficient in this hobby around here too?

Wow dude I just randomly hooked up my ps3 a few weeks ago and have been playing this.

I never knew about the pc mods.

I got heavy into GTA San Andres modding and loved it, but after looking into a couple modding sites I am hooked.

I might get it this weekend.

Thanks =D

Wow dude I just randomly hooked up my ps3 a few weeks ago and have been playing this.

I never knew about the pc mods.

I got heavy into GTA San Andres modding and loved it, but after looking into a couple modding sites I am hooked.

I might get it this weekend.

Thanks =D

I play New Vegas and tool around with modding way more than Fallout 4. Idk something about Fallout 4 is just so radically different. It's nice that it's DX11 though.