• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Fainted and fell to the ground shaking after IV heroin

Bob20

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker of blue light for years but never got a chance to make a profile. Hope everyone is doing well and a happy holidays to all of you.

So yestersay was my third time to inject heroin but been doing it (snorting only) the past two months. I have a friend administrate it to me because I'm not good at doing it myself and he has done the last two with no fluke and everything going perfectly fine. But yesterday when he was administrating it, he was in a rush and the injection site started getting a bump like he missed. I told him to take it out which he did and by then the shot was already all injected. The bump started getting big and I asked if he missed and he said no that blood came into the needle first and he registered the shot before giving it to me. I started panicking because I been reading for weeks on what happens when a person misses the vien and such. I started sweating and told him I needed to catch a breather and I got out of the car. That's when all I can recall was my friend was above me trying to wake me up and I was out Cold. I got back on my feet but then fell again and fainted for a few more seconds he said. After I came through, I got back into the car and felt fine, a bit shaken up but I felt good and the rush from the shot kicked in.

The bump almost disappeared. It's there but barely and it's a bit painful but nothing I can handle. No bruising or red patch and it's not itchy at all. My question is, did I overdose? I had taken the same amount as I have done the previous times. I snorted a bit before injecting so I can gauge the potency of the gear, but to be honest I'm still a newbie in all this so I can not rly tell except If I get high off the stuff or not. What I can say is the stuff was as good as the other stuff. Am I at a risk for anything to happen to me since then? It's been over twelve hours now but I can't sleep and keep thinking about what happened. I felt like I was going to the other side, the place of no return and kept praying in my head and swearing to myself I'll never do this again.

I just was curious if I might have just overdosed but didn't know it?

Thank you and wish you all a better upcoming year ahead. Sorry for the long post as well, friends.

So the sight of blood makes you faints? You are a woman Im not sexist but they do seem to faint a lot more for emotional reasons.

Sounds like an OD, maybe not major but slight. I don't fuck with H nor do I IV although I do take opioids. Did you have any trouble breathing? Someone who has more experience in your specific arena will probably be able to give you a better answer.

So the sight of blood makes you faints? You are a woman Im not sexist but they do seem to faint a lot more for emotional reasons.

Lol my first interaction with someone here, and they're already ass about something. I didn't say I fainted from the blood. I've been around a lot more blood while in the military in the past, no reason for you to be "sexist" and give such a comment.

I just wanted to know if it was a possible OD or a bad reaction to something so I can either be prepared the next time. I iv'ed today and all was good so far so I'm thinking I just had a little too much last time.
Thank you anyway

Lol my first interaction with someone here, and they're already ass about something. I didn't say I fainted from the blood. I've been around a lot more blood while in the military in the past, no reason for you to be "sexist" and give such a comment.

I just wanted to know if it was a possible OD or a bad reaction to something so I can either be prepared the next time. I iv'ed today and all was good so far so I'm thinking I just had a little too much last time.
Thank you anyway

This is not typical of this site, don't listen to this person.

It is possible you had too much, yes. Seeing as though you're very new to IV H this is most likely the most plausible answer.

Stay safe and dose lower next time.

Sounds like an OD, maybe not major but slight. I don't fuck with H nor do I IV although I do take opioids. Did you have any trouble breathing? Someone who has more experience in your specific arena will probably be able to give you a better answer.

I thought this as well. But I have no experience with IVing anything or dope/H. Stop using heroin and other opiates. A LOT of people OD on it especially when they IV it. Stay safe and be careful.

Bob20, For me it sounds like a mixture of minor OD and a panic attack due the fear of missing the vein. Everytime I had been injected an opiate I have nearly fainted no matter that those have been done in hospital settings. I only use my opiates orally for recreational use as bioavailability of oxycodone is 92% and it doesn't have significant rush when injected.

Of course I can't know how you feel so that is just a guess and shouldn't be taken as sexist remark either as I think that women are equal and don't like gender stereotypes at all.

I know some soldiers like to say they can't have panic attacks for what happens off duty as they have seen it worse while on duty but I personally don't think that way as I have got pretty severe panic attacks after retiring from army.

Only minority of those have been PTSD related and instead have been due the fact that you have to face civilian life knowing that you can be "left behind" but while on battlefield that was not an option as you had your battle brothers and sisters backing you up all the time.

While I was on army I was surrounded by people that I know I could depend upon and could trust my life in their hands without fear but when I retired I didn't have that certainty anymore and I had to face everything pretty much alone.

Even after years from retiring from army I only got two people I could trust my life in addition to my former squad mates. Sadly I don't even meet my friends from army very often as I live in a middle of nowhere.

Oh where are my manners as I nearly forgot to properly welcome you here.

Welcome aboard and I hope that you'll have better interactions than the first one in future and find Bluelight as an useful resource for whatever you are looking for.

And yay! We have one more opiate using veteran for the board again :)

Maybe your blood pressure dropped from the shot and then you stood up too fast making you faint. I would think after an overdose you would either be uncontrollably nodding, puking, or generally feeling like shit once you came to, but I've never taken H (or anything IV) and only came close to an OD once on oxy so I may be wrong.

Either way you should definitely be more careful in the future and although a missed shot is not something to take lightly try to keep your cool, mistakes are usually made in a panicked state. At least don't let anybody inject for you when they are rushing it.

Last edited:
When I've ODed on heroin, I felt like shit for a little when I came back. I was pretty scared. Only narcaned once though, and that was different. THAT was fucking hell being shot with that shit..

But just a minor OD that you come back from without help.

Maybe your blood pressure dropped from the shot and then you stood up too fast making you faint.

This, absolutely.

Shaking after you faint is actually common, it's a result of your nerves going crazy due to your oxygen deprived brain malfunctioning, and is not a "seizure" or indicative of damage. (as long as it resolves in a few minutes and doesn't reoccur)

Thank you everyone for your answers, advice and information. Helped a lot.

Today I I'ved after not doing it for about a week. I put probably half as much as I usually do but like everyone has said before you never know what is too much due to purity of every batch being different. Well its been about 5 hours since I injected and i am really dizzy,drowsy, my lips are really white and I am very pale. I have googled and did a lot of research and I cant seem to find anything helpful. I feel like I might be borderline OD so my question is, how long since the time I injected that I am in the all clear and should not worry about maybe dropping on the floor and losing consciousnesses? I am not planning to take anymore at all today, but I want to be sure that I wont just stop breathing if I nod off (Keeping myself up just in case). Thank you all and happy holiday! wish you a safe and happy time with the family, or without :).

How long you should wait depends on the half life of what you took. We'd have to know if you actually took diacetylmorphine, fentanyl, or whatever you don't know and neither do we.

A safe bet would be to wait another 5-6 hours but if you're ROA is IV and you didn't drop dead from all of the drug hitting you at once you are probably good. Though to be safe definitely wait it out since there is still the risk of aspirating vomit if you nod out while high. Be safe and merry winter solstice.

How long you should wait depends on the half life of what you took. We'd have to know if you actually took diacetylmorphine, fentanyl, or whatever you don't know and neither do we.

A safe bet would be to wait another 5-6 hours but if you're ROA is IV and you didn't drop dead from all of the drug hitting you at once you are probably good. Though to be safe definitely wait it out since there is still the risk of aspirating vomit if you nod out while high. Be safe and merry winter solstice.

Thank you, friend. Yea everyone in my house and my gf were telling me why I looked pale and my lips were white they said. I was really nervous because I was kinda dumb with the amount I Iv'ed with and was looking to just get that "rush" feeling. Took a long time, over 6 hours. to finally feel a bit better and not having double vision/feeling drowsy state.

I called a detox center as well, to get information on how I can stop all this. Today, before I Iv'ed, I tried my utmost best to not come near this evil drug. I didnt last long; feeling cold and hot at the same time, unbelievable pain int he stomach and body and the worse of all this wasnt even the phyiscal pain but the the physiological pain. I kept thinking bad, suicidal thoughts and full-out panic and anxiety attack that made me cave in and go back to heroin. I (at least used to) see myself as a strong person, mentally and thought I could fight any thing that comes my way. but i dont think I am strong enough to fight this devil. I really am hoping to get help asap to get back on my feet. Ive only been using for a month now but I feel like I am already in too deep? I dont know. Wish me luck. Happy holidays again everyone. Stay safe.

PLEASE if you can, get someone to babysit you. I don't mean this in a insulting or derogatory way but get someone to come stay with you for awhile whether it be a good friend or family member etc until you feel you are in the clear. If you feel the need then GO TO THE ER. They aren't going to call the cops or anything like that. It is much better to be safe than sorry. You know your body better than any of us Bluelighters and if you feel like something may be wrong it is much better to go get checked out than to end up in danger or God forbid worse.

If you're on the needle you're "in too deep". That's pretty much a truism if there is one regarding heroin use. Most of the time people have already stopped giving a shit when they reach that point, though. I know that's how it was with me, anyway..."oh, sticking a needle in my arm is BAD? And shooting meth & heroin DOESN'T BODE WELL FOR MY FUTURE? OK, I agree, but I don't give a shit."

There are many success stories of people who've blasted massive amounts of dope through their veins and have managed to successfully kick long-term, though...I don't think that you're ever in too deep with drugs that you can't turn things around for yourself :)

I've never actually lost consciousness from a shot but I've gotten close on occasion. Vision getting extremely blurry, swaying on my feet and lightheaded, can't walk straight, stumbling/collapsing into things etc. Thinking "Ah yes, this is the big one! Finally!" I'd always come out on the other side of it, though.

Thank you, friend. Yea everyone in my house and my gf were telling me why I looked pale and my lips were white they said. I was really nervous because I was kinda dumb with the amount I Iv'ed with and was looking to just get that "rush" feeling. Took a long time, over 6 hours. to finally feel a bit better and not having double vision/feeling drowsy state.

I called a detox center as well, to get information on how I can stop all this. Today, before I Iv'ed, I tried my utmost best to not come near this evil drug. I didnt last long; feeling cold and hot at the same time, unbelievable pain int he stomach and body and the worse of all this wasnt even the phyiscal pain but the the physiological pain. I kept thinking bad, suicidal thoughts and full-out panic and anxiety attack that made me cave in and go back to heroin. I (at least used to) see myself as a strong person, mentally and thought I could fight any thing that comes my way. but i dont think I am strong enough to fight this devil. I really am hoping to get help asap to get back on my feet. Ive only been using for a month now but I feel like I am already in too deep? I dont know. Wish me luck. Happy holidays again everyone. Stay safe.
Looks like my post was a little late. Glad you're okay. If you're gonna continue using you should probably look into getting a naloxone emergency kit just in case. From what I understand some needle exchanges can give them out if you or someone you trust to administer it to you watches a video or takes a short class on how to administer it in an emergency situation. If you can manage to get one it'd definitely be a good thing to have in case of an emergency. I think it varies state to state on whether they're available. Someone gave me a link to a website with listings of needle exchanges by state in a thread posted awhile back. I'll dig it up and edit this post to contain the link.

EDIT: This is for California but I believe on the right side of the site it has listings for other states. Be safe. http://harmreduction.org/connect-locally/california/

Last edited:
I'm lightweight scared for you, bro. Get out while you still can..you might not be cut out for this lifestyle. Chasing opiates can take you on one hell of a ride. Also, dizzy/drowsy/paleness/light lips are just standard signs of heroin use. I looked like shit when I was doing dope.

I'm glad you're still here and also that you would like to get help. it's a step in the right direction, congratulations!