• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Failed urine test after 7 days of not using. Why? Oxy and Tramadol

HonestyAboveAll

Greenlighter
Hello.

I failed a urine test today. It ”legally” was negative, but one of the two lines on the test was so weak, that they didn't believe me, when I said how long ago it was since I had taken any.
I was honest about how long ago it was, that I took any.

It frustrates me that it turned out like this, because now there's distrust. Which I hardly think is fair, when I've been honest.

It's been 7 days since I used Oxycodone, and 10 days or more since I used Tramadol, but it showed a very weak line on the test, for both of these (which technically makes it negative, but make them not believe that it's that long ago, that I used).

According to them, Oxycodone is only in the system for 5 days after use, so they didn't believe that it was 7 days ago that I took any, because the line on the test was so weak.

I don't blame them for not believing me, because ofcourse they trust the test and their experience the most.
But why was the line on the test so weak, when it's that long ago, that I used?

I'm not planning to use any more, but in case it did happen in the future, I would be scared that it would be detectable in my urine, for way longer than the 5 days. And then what do I tell them? If I'm honest, but the test show something else, ofcourse they won't believe me.

What could be the reason, for these drugs still showing up on a test, after so long? Even 10 days or more with Tramadol

It can depend on HOW LONG you were taking them before you stopped, if my memory from rehab serves me right.

I'm sure at least with thc this is the case

Thanks jhjhsdi, for your reply.

I guess there is an element of how long one has used, and what doses has been taken.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks jhjhsdi, for your reply.

I guess there is an element of how long one has used, and what doses has been taken.

Any other suggestions?
I think thats probably the only reason 🤷‍♂️
Either that or you metabolize them slower than the average Joe?

Or someone is spiking you (perhaps rectally) with said drug in your sleep 🤔

I think thats probably the only reason 🤷‍♂️
Either that or you metabolize them slower than the average Joe?

Or someone is spiking you (perhaps rectally) with said drug in your sleep 🤔
I thought maybe someone had a similar experience, and they could share why they metabolized them slower.

Now it's been 20 days since I last used Oxy. And yesterday I did another urine test that I legally passed. But still the line on the test, that doesn't form if I'm positive, was very weak.
Meaning that I'm not sure if they believe, that it has been 20 days ago I used Oxy.

It doesn't really change anything in my circumstances, but I don't like the feeling that they might think I'm cheating. I don't trust these urine tests anymore.

Has anyone been through something like this? It would be nice if I had an explanation.
Thanks!

I have failed for heroin for 7 days after using a few times. I chalked it up to super low levels, or maybe I wasn't drinking enough water.

I have also passed 2 days after using.

I have also failed for cocaine several times and didn't touch it. Unless they were putting coke in the dope.

I don't trust these tests 100% either.

TheInvisibleStoner. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one. Although I can hardly say that it's a good thing to hear, that you failed a urine test :) But thanks for sharing your experience. I was starting to consider if my metabolizm is off, or something like that. Probably not though.

Branggen. In my case, it's more about the trust. If I say I haven't used for a certain amount of time but a urine test (kind of) show something else, it makes me come across as dishonest.
It haven't changed anything for me so far, but ultimately it can affect how often I can get medicine, which is a big deal for me.
The less I have to think about picking up medicine, the more mental space I have to focus on improving my life.

If you’re being honest about when you last used then ask to be tested again by a different method.

I'd like that! What did you have in mind? I mean, which other methods are there? Thanks
Ask them what other testing they offer. Say that you’re confident you’ve not used in the time you’ve stated and say you’re will to take another test. There are all sorts of tests.

I do warn you if you are lying or are taking anything else it will show up. So only do it if you’re confident.

You might be a slow metabolizer? Everyone is different. I tested positive for Diazepam for OVER FIVE MONTHS after I stopped taking it. My addiction nurse flat-out refused to believe me, too. It apparently CAN last as much as 12 weeks but 5.5 months was unheard of.

I HATE them urine tests. I got random AF false positives quite often (even for things I had NEVER taken). I normally would request a blood test but they'd always say "we don't do that here". I got called a liar (falsely). Like I left the sample on a window sill next to an open window (in winter) for like 2 minutes while I finished peeing and washed my hands and they guy was like "Your urine is too cold" and I asked why (genuinely concerned it meant something was wrong with me) and he was like "well, why don't YOU tell ME??".
I've been told my urine was "too hot" before, too. I still dunno what caused that. I hadn't eaten for 8 days and thought it might be due to ketosis (I know, that's dumb) but they told me no.