• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Face Numbness / Trigeminal Neuralgia

@paranoid android

I cannot add any more drugs at this point in my life. Lots of people have issues with K. Maybe I wouldn't be one of them. I doubt it. I used to be addicted to DXM. I don't want to roll the dice and find out.

I'm confused: what form does morph come in? I thought they basically only used morphine in hospitals. Never heard of anyone using morphine recreationally this century. Isn't it essentially heroin with worse side effects?

Yeah, I've had 3 cranial MRI scans to rule out MS / TIA. Three or four doctors have suggested I have TN including a neurosurgeon that charged me $400 for his opinion. I've been in denial for a long time, I think. The fact that I didn't make the connection between the numbness and the other symptoms makes me suspect I've been burying my head in the sand... but, then again, I have been drunk or on drugs (or both) more often than not. As I'm sure you can tell from observing other BL members, it's pretty hard to think straight when you're off your tits. I have learnt how to compose myself, somewhat, after years of addiction. Now, I can easily get extremely fucked up and have a conversation with a cactus policeman.
Yeah well. Just look after yourself and don't ignore these things. Although looks like you got it all well under control. I just wanted to chime in about strokes is all. Fuck. Even on my worst days I got your back! :ROFLMAO:

Localised pain in my right temple that is unlike any other pain I have experienced. The first time it happened, it freaked me out. I thought I was having a stroke or something. It's hard to describe because it's so alien. Attacks last for a long time. It comes and goes in waves, but it is relentless. The words I use to describe the sensation in my temple are typically "burning" and "pressure". It feels like something hot is being pushed into my temple, sort of. There are other sensations that stretch out across the right side of my face and up onto my scalp.

@jane douloureux
@paranoid android

What was your drug use like before you developed TN?

Did you guys smoke (or inject) meth?

Before i had TN i liked opiates but never used them regularly or came close to being addicted. I had already been on benzodiazepines for abit before i developed TN

Localised pain in my right temple that is unlike any other pain I have experienced. The first time it happened, it freaked me out. I thought I was having a stroke or something. It's hard to describe because it's so alien. Attacks last for a long time. It comes and goes in waves, but it is relentless. The words I use to describe the sensation in my temple are typically "burning" and "pressure". It feels like something hot is being pushed into my temple, sort of. There are other sensations that stretch out across the right side of my face and up onto my scalp.

@jane douloureux
@paranoid android

Oh dear. I have neuropathy in my entire lower half of my body. It consumes me as I can never be comfortable sitting or standing.

I'm pretty upbeat about my various medical conditions most of the time. If there's nothing I can do about it, there's nothing I can do about it. I have not had positive experiences with surgery in the past, so that is a last resort kind of thing. If TN gets significantly worse, I might consider going under the knife but I'll probably just grind through it honestly. I think something that makes it easier to deal with is my overwhelming anxiety / depression which is much worse than my neurological problems. Maybe one day, when I'm happy, TN will be the nightmare it should be. I try not to think about it too much.

@paranoid android

I cannot add any more drugs at this point in my life. Lots of people have issues with K. Maybe I wouldn't be one of them. I doubt it. I used to be addicted to DXM. I don't want to roll the dice and find out.

I'm confused: what form does morph come in? I thought they basically only used morphine in hospitals. Never heard of anyone using morphine recreationally this century. Isn't it essentially heroin with worse side effects?

Yeah if youve had a DXM addiction it might be better to stay away from K.

Morphine in Canada comes in instant release and time release pills such as Mscontin, Kadian and M-Esslons. They are a popularly prescribed opiates for severe pain here. And yes i also use it recreationally as i love the rush morphine gives.

Yeah if youve had a DXM addiction it might be better to stay away from K.

Morphine in Canada comes in instant release and time release pills such as Mscontin, Kadian and M-Esslons. They are a popularly prescribed opiates for severe pain here. And yes i also use it recreationally as i love the rush morphine gives.
In Canada ya'll got OxyNEO too no?

@jane douloureux
@paranoid android

No meth
Before the tn weed,, mdma, mushrooms, special k, coke
now just weed, special k when it’s around not really easy to find anymore my meds which I don’t even feel

In Canada ya'll got OxyNEO too no

Ya we got Oxyneo now but it was still called Oxycontin when i had it. I used to get the Oxycontin and the Oxy Ir's which i prefer.

I always ate my oxy anyway as i found them to work great that way. I snorted them sometimes before i found out it was a waste. So the gell in Oxy IR's didnt bother me