European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Fabric Nightclub recently....

shephard89

Bluelighter
Anyone been since the re-opening? I was thinking of heading down for the Critical night in a couple of weeks, just wandering if its changed much? Is the search any stricter? Are they literally throwing people out for having enlarged pupils or is it the same as before?

Literally nobody I know has been back since they closed it as apparently they turf you over to the old bill now if your even suspected of being on drugs(?!)

Anyone been since the re-opening? I was thinking of heading down for the Critical night in a couple of weeks, just wandering if its changed much? Is the search any stricter? Are they literally throwing people out for having enlarged pupils or is it the same as before?

Literally nobody I know has been back since they closed it as apparently they turf you over to the old bill now if your even suspected of being on drugs(?!)

Not been since it reopened - as far as I know from the announcements re: the security measures required for the new license you have to have photo ID scanned on entry.

There is something that just doesn't feel right about this for me... my group of friends recently all decided against entering a different venue with this door policy so I'll probably give fabric a wide berth for the same reasons.

I was really pleased it [fabric] is still open though... I'd put money on it still being the same Fabric as before, just with more visible security and probably some more undercover security.

No way you'll get kicked out for looking a bit muntered, 90% of people there will be on something.

Was at a different big London venue recently and although there was no scan of IDs there was a huge security presence - more than I've ever seen at a club, and a lot of CCTV, again more than I've ever noticed.... no less munters though ;)... it did affect the vibe though imo, wont be going back.

We all agreed 200-300 capacity with a security crew that is friendly and welcoming only from now on.

If you do go, do report back as I'm interested too!

I was meant to go in March but didn't end up in London.

To be fair, I doubt it's much different than it used to be (other than entry). Fabric has always been pretty tight on drugs. My friend had this ridiculous pimp jacket which he wore because it was cosy & I guess he thought it was cool because he's from London, and the bouncers caught him with ket (personal amount), and knocked him around for a while trying to make him admit that he was a drug dealer. He was pretty shaken up, and just not remotely like what they thought.

Perhaps the staff are more vigilant now, but the same rules should apply that do when you go to absolutely any club: never carry drugs in your pockets, expect to be searched, don't do drugs out in the open/in the toilet cubicles, keep away from the bouncers if you're too mashed, etc etc etc. It's just logic... although a lot of people don't take precautions and end up getting caught.

Was at a different big London venue recently and although there was no scan of IDs there was a huge security presence - more than I've ever seen at a club, and a lot of CCTV, again more than I've ever noticed.... no less munters though ;)... it did affect the vibe though imo, wont be going back.

We all agreed 200-300 capacity with a security crew that is friendly and welcoming only from now on.

If you do go, do report back as I'm interested too!

Can you say which big London venue that was? im off this weekend and hoping I've not booked into one of these prison clubs that seem to be popping up! Munters im hoping you mean the 3rd degree gurn victims rather than lots of uglies. Otherwise I'll have to get really loved up, although to be fair I'm a munter magnet.

Went to Sankeys last year was in a blissful state in the chill out room opened my eyes to find a pair of eyes literally cm's from my own and a voice saying I'm going to kiss you. All happened very fast then she stepped back and it wasn't pleasant. Seemed the kiss signified I was now her property, tried to be a gent and explain I was a little out of touch to reality and she'd kind of surprised me. She didn't take it well. Next thing she starts screaming I'd felt her up and everyone's looking at me as if I am a monster. Luckily her mate saw what was going on and was having none of it and dragged her out the club. But left a really bad taste in many ways.

Last edited:
er 3rd degree gurn victims rather than lots of uglies.

Proper Lol'd ... Fucking classic, never heard 3rd degree gurns before... seems obvious, not sure how I missed it, but I laughed on my train home.

...and yes, chin swingers rather than the uglies... Was a youngish crowd (well, I'm getting older so that figures) and plenty of beautiful people across the gender spectrum.

Club (if you can call it that) was the printworks.

And I'd echo what Tranced said - just take precautions, be sensible and you'll be fine... I've had too many of the bad bouncer experiences over the years not to have learnt that lesson the hard way.

Ive been told there testing peoples blood pressure/pulse etc and holding them for 2 hours in a "welfare tent", to make sure there not on anything? Have they gone full concentration camp? How are people even dropping in there without getting clocked, with this ultra surveillance policy with bright lights and CCTV everywhere? Let alone doing lines etc? Starting to seem like a lot of effort just to have a bit of fun...

This all seems a bit much, and I think in the long run will do the club and the (usually on something) customers more harm than good. On the one hand they are insisting on draconian security, airport style searches to enter and a "zero tolerance" attitude towards drugs. On the other hand they have a free water bar clearly aimed at people on drugs, welfare officers again primarily aimed at people on drugs and host dnb nights. Kids will just quadruple drop in the Que, which will probably lead to another fatality and the club being closed for good.

Personally I think they should have just gone over 21's only like XOYO, would have probably solved most of their problems. Nice security team there, and no gulag type conditions.

Theres another DNB night that Friday at fire might just head there!

Ive been told there testing peoples blood pressure/pulse etc and holding them for 2 hours in a "welfare tent", to make sure there not on anything? Have they gone full concentration camp?

I can't see it being that bad otherwise people wouldn't bother... There is so much else on to go to.

...and plenty of big parties BITD had great medical teams on site and places to go if you overindulged to be helped by a professional.. they never spoiled the vibe and actually made you feel safer.

I'm sure they aren't forcing anyone to sit down or be checked out / looked after.

I don't see a welfare tent and medics as a bad thing at all, depends how you look at it I suppose.

I can't see it being that bad otherwise people wouldn't bother... There is so much else on to go to.

...and plenty of big parties BITD had great medical teams on site and places to go if you overindulged to be helped by a professional.. they never spoiled the vibe and actually made you feel safer.

I'm sure they aren't forcing anyone to sit down or be checked out / looked after.

I don't see a welfare tent and medics as a bad thing at all, depends how you look at it I suppose.

I don't see these as a bad thing either mate, I think they should have been allowed to have on site drug testing too. I just wont be surprised if the security in there use things like checking pulse etc against people so they can throw people out at random to appease the police and local council with statistics on how many people they have thrown out of the club and banned.

I am just a bit put off by the "We know your coming here to do drugs, and we have even set up this amazing drug friendly environment for you. Give us your money... However we are going to do everything legally possible to fuck with your evening, including throwing you out as we have already made our money from you" message they are sending out to 90& of their customer base, who frequent the place on drugs.

Shame as the place used to be brilliant...

Proper Lol'd ... Fucking classic, never heard 3rd degree gurns before... seems obvious, not sure how I missed it, but I laughed on my train home.

Hahahaha, same. Can't wait to drop that at an afters.

Regarding draconian clubs [note: this turned out pretty long, but oh well =D], this reminds me of when me and my best mate went to a psy trance night at SE One in london. We'd just dropped three or four tabs of acid, intending to do a candyflip - and felt pretty unsettled after having to go through a full body scanner upon entry. People in the queue were generally a bit freaked out, and apparently there had been a recent stabbing.

So anyway, we were just on our way out for a cigarette, feeling a bit uneasy, when I asked my mate where the MDMA was and he casually said 'in my pocket'. I've always avoided keeping drugs where they can be found, so I asked him to pass it to me and stuck it in my wallet intending to stash it somewhere safer once back inside, up until the candyflip.

We walked outside to the smoking area and there was another door with a metal detector whereby we got herded through and they scanned our arm bands/tickets or something, before advising "right, you've got ten minutes to get back in", which obviously freaked us out further. It felt fucking WEIRD. We had a couple of cigarettes and chilled out a bit, listening to people talk about how it was like 1984 and this shouldn't happen in the psy trance scene etc etc, before suddenly feeling that tryptamine energy working its way through our bodies; although it came on pretty fast so we put it down to the cigarettes.

We went to go back in before our time expired, got scanned... and then got asked to step aside for a search. Fuck. So they took us to one side, asked us if we had anything, which we obviously denied, and proceeded to be searched. The last thing they checked was my fucking wallet. One of these two massive bouncers went "ooooh what's this, have you two been naughty boys?", before taking us into a tiny little room off to the side.

Of course, that had to be the moment when colours started swirling into the room and the walls/their faces began to take the form of LSD. The conversation went something like this.

Them: "right, so you two are good boys aren't you, and good boys wouldn't happen to have anything else on them would they, because they're good boys?"
Us: "No, that was all we had".
Them: "Well that's not very much is it, but of course that's right, because you two are good boys aren't you?"
US: "Errr... yes... we're good boys"

*Walls melt at ever increasing rate*

*Bouncers search us*

(they find nothing, including the ketamine and xanax stashed down my pants)

Them: "Right, okay, well you two are good boys and good boys don't do drugs do they, so pick up your shoes and go back inside because you're not going to do any more drugs are youse"?

Needless to say we were totally off our fucking dishes at this point, and kind of muttered some jumbled apologies before scuttering off as fast as we could and nearly falling over trying to get our shoes back on.

Had a wicked night, but no candyflips were to be had due to their dystopian meddling.

Just to round off the story, the fun continued when we left the club at six in the morning; we got lost in London (took the wrong bridge) and walked round offering a crumpled, printed google earth map to commuters and asking if they knew how we could get get to our hotel (we were miles away). Basically two smashed geordies miles from their hotel in the wrong part of London just bumbling about like wrecked morons. I can just remember showing somebody the map and asking for help reading it and him looking at us in a bemused manner and saying "... you do realise the maps upside down, don't you?". I also remember asking someone if they knew how to get a taxi and they kind of went "well... you just, you know... flag one down..".

We got a taxi back to the travelodge sniffing our way through a good few grams of ket from big a wall painting, with xanax scattered all over the table due to the fact we couldn't work out which were the tracers and which were the actual xanax.

I woke up later in the morning to a member of hotel staff in the room shouting at me as I lay on the right hand side of the picture frame next to rolled up notes and a mound of ket (with xanax scattered all over the table) and tunes blasting out a speaker, with my mate lying there with white powder all over his face. The guys words were "right, after whatever little party you've had in here, I'd just like to inform you that you've overstayed your welcome and the police are on their way".

We had to try and pick up all the ket and xanax using double vision, before scarpering out the hotel only to find there was a parade in celebration of the queen and we couldn't get a fucking taxi to the train station. Missed the train and had to spend a hundred quid+ on train tickets back to Newcastle.

Good weekend like.

p.s This is us back in the hotel looking in the mirror (me on the right). We took the photo because we were so in awe of the room that we felt we had to document the visuals.

Obviously you can't see the visuals as intended, but you can definitely see it in our faces. =D

- Image removed because, ya kna. -

Fuck da system!!!

Last edited:
Club (if you can call it that) was the printworks

Someone said the sounds a bit all over the place when they opened?

That probably would be the biggest buzz killer for me as I'm a little deaf and need a lot of sub in the belly. DnB and techno generally is my go to for that reason.

Used to do occasional bouncing on busy nights way before the days of CCTV. Bit of extra cash and quite lucrative in many ways. Even 94 95 we did full pat downs shoe removals and targeted obvious casualties. Remit always was if their causing any trouble or they look like they could drop get em out. It was interesting to see it from the other side.

Hardest nights were never the Ravers but the rockers. Alcohol was always the biggest reason for any trouble including casualties. They used to call a few of the local hells angels in for heavy rock nights. These guys were insane gram of speed half a bottle Vodka before doors open and boom Wild West days before all the police checks and code of practice stuff.

Now I just bounce ?

Regarding draconian clubs [note: this turned out pretty long, but oh well =D], this reminds me of when me and my best mate went to a psy trance night at SE One in london. We'd just dropped three or four tabs of acid, intending to do a candyflip - and felt pretty unsettled after having to go through a full body scanner upon entry. People in the queue were generally a bit freaked out, and apparently there had been a recent stabbing.

So anyway, we were just on our way out for a cigarette, feeling a bit uneasy, when I asked my mate where the MDMA was and he casually said 'in my pocket'. I've always avoided keeping drugs where they can be found, so I asked him to pass it to me and stuck it in my wallet intending to stash it somewhere safer once back inside, up until the candyflip.

We walked outside to the smoking area and there was another door with a metal detector whereby we got herded through and they scanned our arm bands/tickets or something, before advising "right, you've got ten minutes to get back in", which obviously freaked us out further. It felt fucking WEIRD. We had a couple of cigarettes and chilled out a bit, listening to people talk about how it was like 1984 and this shouldn't happen in the psy trance scene etc etc, before suddenly feeling that tryptamine energy working its way through our bodies; although it came on pretty fast so we put it down to the cigarettes.

We went to go back in before our time expired, got scanned... and then got asked to step aside for a search. Fuck. So they took us to one side, asked us if we had anything, which we obviously denied, and proceeded to be searched. The last thing they checked was my fucking wallet. One of these two massive bouncers went "ooooh what's this, have you two been naughty boys?", before taking us into a tiny little room off to the side.

Of course, that had to be the moment when colours started swirling into the room and the walls/their faces began to take the form of LSD. The conversation went something like this.

Them: "right, so you two are good boys aren't you, and good boys wouldn't happen to have anything else on them would they, because they're good boys?"
Them: "Well that's not very much is it, but of course that's right, because you two are good boys aren't you?"

*Bouncers search us*

Them: "Right, okay, well you two are good boys and good boys don't do drugs do they, so pick up your shoes and go back inside because you're not going to do any more drugs are youse"?

Needless to say we were totally off our fucking dishes at this point, and kind of muttered some jumbled apologies before scuttering off as fast as we could and nearly falling over trying to get our shoes back on.

Had a wicked night, but no candyflips were to be had due to their dystopian meddling.

Just to round off the story, the fun continued when we left the club at six in the morning; we got lost in London (took the wrong bridge) and walked round offering a crumpled, printed google earth map to commuters and asking if they knew how we could get get to our hotel (we were miles away). Basically two smashed geordies miles from their hotel in the wrong part of London just bumbling about like wrecked morons. I can just remember showing somebody the map and asking for help reading it and him looking at us in a bemused manner and saying "... you do realise the maps upside down, don't you?". I also remember asking someone if they knew how to get a taxi and they kind of went "well... you just, you know... flag one down..".

We got a taxi back to the travelodge sniffing our way through a good few grams of ket from big a wall painting, with xanax scattered all over the table due to the fact we couldn't work out which were the tracers and which were the actual xanax.

I woke up later in the morning to a member of hotel staff in the room shouting at me as I lay on the right hand side of the picture frame next to rolled up notes and a mound of ket (with xanax scattered all over the table) and tunes blasting out a speaker, with my mate lying there with white powder all over his face. The guys words were "right, after whatever little party you've had in here, I'd just like to inform you that you've overstayed your welcome and the police are on their way".

We had to try and pick up all the ket and xanax using double vision, before scarpering out the hotel only to find there was a parade in celebration of the queen and we couldn't get a fucking taxi to the train station. Missed the train and had to spend a hundred quid+ on train tickets back to Newcastle.

Good weekend like.

p.s This is us back in the hotel looking in the mirror (me on the right). We took the photo because we were so in awe of the room that we felt we had to document the visuals.

Obviously you can't see the visuals as intended, but you can definitely see it in our faces. =D

Fuck da system!!!

Top story:)

I think you're touching his bottom...

Last edited by a moderator:

*Bouncers search us*

Good weekend like.

Fuck da system!!!
Gold. I have a similar acid story but i am at work so no time to recount it atm

Last edited by a moderator: