• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids F-N FED UP with drugs!!! Time to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatcherInPopEfield

Greenlighter
Who else here is just absolutely fed up with drugs? I truly believe no one will stop unless *they* want to. A forced intervention, psych ward, and even prison/jail will not work unless the addict is fed up. Well ladies and gentlemen, I am here to say I am just absolutely-f--king-fed-up with this crap!

Last night I tried shooting up but was SO dunk I couldn't hit my best vein so I muscled. When I woke up sober I couldn't believe I was missing that fat, juicy vein and my leg was pretty sore from the IM shot. I am deciding to quit before my luck runs out. I am fed up.

I am seeing my doc soon and I booked the appointment to try other meds for my pain management. I am sick and tired or running out early, going through withdrawal, counting the agonizing seconds to the next fill which even a few days feel like a few years. I am just done with this. All this hell just to feel warm and fuzzy? No thank you!

I LOVE when I am not on drugs and have the most productive days you can imagine! But when I take my meds that is it... NOTHING gets done!! So I am on my last fill and good riddance to bad rubbish! I will NOT be asking for more! Yes I have HORRIBLE chronic pain, but there has to be a better way to treat this.

I am done. Who else wants to get off this train? Heroin is in the same family as these blasted painkillers so you're welcome to join this thread too.

Good for you, I hope you find success in quitting :)

I've felt the same way about opioids for quite awhile now. Currently involved in a slow taper with the goal of tapering as low as humanely possible, then I'll quit. Hopefully this time for good.

You should check out some of the other subforum here on bluelight. Sober Living and The Dark Side for example. Lots of other people, just like you, who are fed up and trying to quit. You can find lots of support in either forum, it can really help.

Good luck :)

I am mentally, so done with taking drugs. I dont care what it is, I don't want to need ANYTHING to get my day started, even if its coffee. Fuck dependence, period. I am doing a taper too, but with kratom. I think I'm going to succeed this time.

Good luck to both of you.

Congrats on the epiphany you had and j wish you the best on this long recovery road ahead....

Now while I'm not trying to get you out of OD I think you might find you get much more thoughtful, supportive, and helpful discussions and replies in "The Dark Side," "Sober Living," and "Healthy Loving" subthreads..

Again congrats and I wish you the best on the long road ahead.

I hear you bud. I can’t say that I’ve been a long-term opiate addict, but I’ve been hooked on suboxone for the past year (approximately) and I’m now on day 12 of detox. I finally got to the point where I wasn’t getting a good buzz off a pretty large amount anymore, but what pushed me to quit was that my dealer couldn’t get any subs one weekend and I was fucked, so I said “u know what? Fuck it.. I’ve been needing to quit this shit anyway” and I stopped cold turkey. Sub withdrawal is obviously different than heroin/pain pill withdrawal in the fact that it is not as intense in the short term, but it has still been a shitty 12 days for me. If ur gonna make the jump, u better prepare ur head for it because it is a fucking FIGHT to get through, both physically and psychologically. The good news is that it gets a little better each day. I exercise nearly every day, added some fruits/veggies to my diet, and started smoking even more weed than usual at night just to try to sleep some (restless legs and insomnia are fucking annoying and persistent). I’m at a point now where the physical w/ds are minimal, but it’s a total mind fuck for me now. Random bouts of anxiety/depression, no energy, persistent insomnia, etc... I’m not trying to discourage u, because if my pussy ass can get through it, u can too lol.. just do a lot of research (especially on here) and prepare yourself... it IS worth it to have a clear head and know ur strong enough to quit the shit

This is great news for those of you who are making the decision to leave drugs.

I must second tacodude in suggesting the subthreads that deal with this exact issue.

The Dark Side and Healthy Living are great places to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.