• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Extremely worried about my Valium usage

SomethingWitty123

Greenlighter
I only first took Valium a couple of weeks ago, at around 30mg. I slept amazing and I loved the relaxation effects of it. Plus it's long half life helped me kick ass the next day. I went for around a week without them then at one point things were too much, my flatmates were being noisy dickheads and I just caved in and took 40mg, partly because I wanted to sleep, but also because I basically wanted to wipe out the next day too just to get it out the way. The next day, even after swearing I wouldn't take it, I took 20mg after sleeping unsuccessfully for a few hours.

I'm aware I'm on a slippery slope here and I'm not sure how I can turn this around. I think at this point it is possible to get out while I can, and I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow so I'm going to be completely honest with her about this. Maybe she can suggest alternative medications that may help.

Also, during a severely low point in my life, I took 14mg Xanax, 40mg oxycodone, 3-5ml GHB and a quarter of a litre of vodka and ended up in hospital. I felt dead for about 2 weeks and I may have done some sort of long lasting damage to myself; I'm lucky to be alive, someone found me collapsed on the street.

Does this all indicate that I'm at risk of abusing drugs? If I stopped cold turkey now, will I get withdrawals? Please advise. ?

I only first took Valium a couple of weeks ago, at around 30mg. I slept amazing and I loved the relaxation effects of it. Plus it's long half life helped me kick ass the next day. I went for around a week without them then at one point things were too much, my flatmates were being noisy dickheads and I just caved in and took 40mg, partly because I wanted to sleep, but also because I basically wanted to wipe out the next day too just to get it out the way. The next day, even after swearing I wouldn't take it, I took 20mg after sleeping unsuccessfully for a few hours.

I'm aware I'm on a slippery slope here and I'm not sure how I can turn this around. I think at this point it is possible to get out while I can, and I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow so I'm going to be completely honest with her about this. Maybe she can suggest alternative medications that may help.

Also, during a severely low point in my life, I took 14mg Xanax, 40mg oxycodone, 3-5ml GHB and a quarter of a litre of vodka and ended up in hospital. I felt dead for about 2 weeks and I may have done some sort of long lasting damage to myself; I'm lucky to be alive, someone found me collapsed on the street.

Does this all indicate that I'm at risk of abusing drugs? If I stopped cold turkey now, will I get withdrawals? Please advise. 

it all depends on you bud
if you continue to be reckless like the night you ended up in the hospital you should already know what can potentially happen to you
abuse and recklessness kinda go hand in hand
also depends on your will power to control yourself

as far as valium if its less than a week or 2 worth of valium use then....im not a doc but IMO/IME i highly doubt youll get any WD
but again depends on you, you can have the potential to abuse it if you choose to
trust me benzo WD isnt fun youll feel like 100x times worse than you do right now

if you constantly need to take benzo because of your environment IMO i would step back and look at the bigger picture
best bet would be to talk to a doc and or a psychiatrist and explain what your situation is
dont self medicate that is like the worst thing you can do

It sounds like u took Valium like 3 times. Why would that cause withdrawal?
I take 4-6mg of klonopin(equal to 60mg valium)a day for at least 30% of every month and I experience no withdrawal. Overdosing on all those other things will obviously kill u tho. Why on earth would u take that combo

Dial it down my man. Unless you drink a lot of booze, you have nothing to worry about OP

If possible quit before you have a problem. If you have legitimate aniexty use as prescribed. You obviously have had drag experience mixing these drugs. Take that as a sign.