Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extremely Severe K-Cramps...

Rastahund

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in The Darkside... but I feel like I get more responses here.

I am severely addicted to ketamine. I'm working on stopping every day but still struggle a lot. I've been experiencing k-cramps for about a year and a half now although they happen much less than they used to. However, every time they do happen now, I seem to get sicker and sicker. I went to a music festival two weekends ago and I had access to far too much k... I probably did about 7-8 grams on my own. One of the nights at the festival, I became very ill and started throwing up. Throwing up is incredibly rare for me and I always said that if I ever damaged my body to the point of throwing up, I had to stop. I can't stop though!
This morning, I woke up with k-cramps so bad that I would rather be dead than alive. I took a Pepcid, thinking that it would help ease the pain. After I took that, I chugged water mistakenly thinking it would help. Well, it didn't. I threw up a lot again. After I threw up, the pain in my stomach went away for the most part but the pain in my back took a long time to subside. The strange thing is, I haven't even had any ketamine since earlier in the day yesterday. I did take a milligram of Xanax last night though... and at the festival, I also took some Xanax. I seem to only get sick to the point of throwing up when I take Xanax but I'm not sure if it's related or not.

I don't have health insurance so I'm unsure of what to do. I can't seek mental treatment for drug abuse and I can't seek medical treatment for the associated damage. I feel like I'm in a tough spot and thought maybe someone here would have an answer.

Thanks for reading!

That typical K cramps pain is inflammation of the common- and hepatic bile ducts connecting liver and gall bladder.

Avoid eating fatty foods, instead opt for - I think - bananas, greens and rice.

You really can't take any more K and the pain should subside within only a few days max, I guess forgetting the K for a moment if you just consider it the inflammation of bile duct, it should be taken as seriously as that - and I'm not sure what the possible likely complications are if there are any, but those would be the reason to eventually visit a doc or hospital saying that you suspect inflammation of the bile ducts. Not sure why that wouldn't be taken seriously, and normally I would always recommend that people fill their doc in on all symptoms so that they can properly diagnose but if that is definitely not an option and they won't consider the suggestion of that inflammation... perhaps mention an extra symptom you find online that points them in that direction... in the hope that it actually does keep their diagnostic considerations accurate.

Sounds like you're in a tough spot indeed, and you alone can weigh your options and check possible complications to take into account vs visiting a hospital.. I don't know if common inflammation treatments like NSAIDs (ibuprofen etc) are an option here, they are not good for your stomach.

The xanax shouldn't be a factor but if it contributes to dizziness that may make you throw up quicker?

I guess it is possible that it is more of an indigestion like matter, that would depend on how well you eat etc - may wanna see if you can eliminate that as possibility.

I've been addicted to K but I came off it, when I also came off benzos. Have dabbled since, also with MXE, but apart from the crazy episodes didn't go out of control. I might suggest switching to a physically less taxing dissociative but I'm afraid / concerned to suggest one to you because ones I have in mind do not tolerate too high doses for more behavioral and psychological reasons.