• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Extreme Paranoia

Bordois

Greenlighter
I can't get rid of the paranoia. Whenever I smoke, I eventually think about someone (usually the ones I actually trust the most; my boyfrend, my closest friends, or it could be anyone) is trying to ruin my entire life, trying to play with my mind, I begin to think they actually only met me and get closer to me just to destroy my life in the worst way possible. And I know it's only paranoia, but in that time the whole scene -which is actually a life-time movie-like- makes so much sense, it scares the shit out of me every single time. I'm diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and OCD since 2009. I wasn't on medication in a long time and I newly get back to medication. Abilfy actually helps me with paranoia, but it doesn't reduce the paranoia if you smoke, actually nothing has change, it only helps when you're sober but even with abilfy and when you're sober it doesn't help %100. I know quitting is the right thing to do but it also helps me with my anger management. So, my question is; what type of cannabis i should get, is there any non paranoid weed strains? What do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
High CBD/lower THC strains are known to be less aniexty/paranoia inducing and are becoming much more available as medical MJ becomes accepted.

Well if you have Borderline Personality Disorder weed could aggravate your symptoms, thinking everybody is going to kill you or ruin your life is not the typical weed paranoia IMHO.

If you really want to keep smoking then try very low amounts, don't smoke too much or too quickly. Try to smoke only when you really need it for anger management issues.
If not then try a high cbd/low thc like Help said, some people also report less paranoia/anxiety from edibles, indica dominant strains tend to be more "relaxing" as well.

The set&setting is also important but I didn't mention it because you seem to experience paranoia every single time you smoke so I guess you already tried changing that.

Last edited:
So, my question is; what type of cannabis i should get, is there any non paranoid weed strains? What do you guys suggest?

This is the kind of question where I always suggest not smoking weed.

It's fucking with your head, and it seems like your head's already been fucked with if the Abilify's any indication. Stop smoking. I would suggest trying to fix this problem before trying to self-medicate it away with more paranoia-inducing cannabis.

Can't suggest strains. I simply don't categorize them as "paranoia-inducing" and "paranoia-quenching."

This is the kind of question where I always suggest not smoking weed.

It's fucking with your head, and it seems like your head's already been fucked with if the Abilify's any indication. Stop smoking. I would suggest trying to fix this problem before trying to self-medicate it away with more paranoia-inducing cannabis.

Can't suggest strains. I simply don't categorize them as "paranoia-inducing" and "paranoia-quenching."

Pretty much bang on point and in honesty, thread comes up time and time again in CD which run along the same lines. It becomes hard to take an empathetic approach to it.

Clearly at this point in your life, cannabis isn't agreeing with you and you even know it isn't. If you have an anger issue, self medicating is the wrong path to take anyway. It doesn't solve the problem, only temporary masks it. An in a way aggravates it.

Take a break from cannabis, clear your mind and go see a therapist for anger management.

dont worry sweety i know exactly what your talking about / feeling u just think everyone's secretly talking about you or relating things towards you i suggest either stop smoking but in my case i just had 2 smoke more i only got paranoid when i had a low tolerance because i was forced not 2 smoke for 2 weeks but now weed calms me down its when your TOLERANCE is really low it effects your emotions :eek:

Thank you guys.

dont worry sweety i know exactly what your talking about / feeling u just think everyone's secretly talking about you or relating things towards you i suggest either stop smoking but in my case i just had 2 smoke more i only got paranoid when i had a low tolerance because i was forced not 2 smoke for 2 weeks but now weed calms me down its when your TOLERANCE is really low it effects your emotions :eek:

Well it's been 5 years since I started to smoke, but it wasn't like this until 2014-2015. It was just fun back then. It's not like, everyone's secrectly talking behind my back. Not that simple, more like a master plan.

Thank you guys.

Well it's been 5 years since I started to smoke, but it wasn't like this until 2014-2015. It was just fun back then. It's not like, everyone's secrectly talking behind my back. Not that simple, more like a master plan.

That's delusional (no offense intended, I mean the word literally).... unless, you know... there really is a master plan that involves you.

"Paranoid" is what we call people who imagine threats on their life. If there actually is a threat... well shit, I'd call you realistic, buddy. A realist, not a deluded paranoid.

So what I'm really trying to say is we need to find and interrogate the mastermind before we can really continue this conversation. Any ideas where to start? What about Billy? He always seemed a bit of a dick to me.

Sometimes weed becomes no longer enjoyable to smoke. The amount of threads on BL that go along the lines of "hey guys, I used to be a huge pothead and I got stoned every single day for years, now weed makes me miserable WHAT SHOULD I DO?!" is astounding and it gets a little irritating. The answer is stop smoking weed (as already said). You should only smoke weed recreationally if you find it to be enjoyable; why the fuck would you continue to do something if it makes your life a living hell? I'm sure there's another way to manage your anger besides smoking cannabis...

Educate yourself

You first must educate yourself on the chemicals you are taking. Indicas and sativas are VERY different. Opposites. Indica will lower heart rate, slow your mind, help you think, is great for nerve pain and headaches. It's a downer. Sativa is an upper. It will motivate you, move your thoughts along, and give you energy as well as helping with aches and pains. Paranoia will come when you take what you DONT need. Know your body and you'll do better. Research the effects of different strains. When you medicate properly, you'll heal yourself. I can't stress enough to not look on govt sites for credible info. They have only one mission. Money. Look to independent sites and research groups. You'll find the truth there. You should also consider running your own personal human trial. See what works best for you and what has what effects. Then you'll know for YOUR BODY what you need. Bc everyone needs what they need, not what the person beside them needs.

The problem is that smoking cannabis only does so much. There are other ways to take it. Oil can benefit everyone (if you are educated on the endocannabinoid system) healing every cell in your being naturally. If someone says it's making them miserable id say how they're takin it is the problem. Everyone needs cannabis. Even if they don't think or know they do.

First of all. What are your medical needs for cannabis? Then, get what you need to fix it. When I say get what you need, you meet first EDUCATE yourself on cannabis and it's effects. There are two main types and a mixture as well. Learn what cannabis does in all it's forms. Smoking is only for certain symptoms and conditions. It can be taken many many ways. Even topically for pain. It does not have to be ingested. Absorbtion is a great way to heal dry skin and skin Conditions as well as pain. I suggest when you get upset, to let your feelings out instead of trying to make them go away with meds. Frame of mind is also very important. Although when I'm upset, my man rolls a blunt, and then we're hugging again and my anger is a soft after thought. You have to know what works for YOU. So first things first. Stop asking and look it up yourself. Not trying to be mean but the only way you'll have the real knowledge for yourself is to check on it yourself. By asking others, you'll get opinions and that can ruin you. What you need is to know your body and know your chemicals. Then you can formulate perfectly what you need. I hope this helps.