• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extraction of Ketamine from a cut batch.

pasha

Bluelighter
I like to use ketamine every so often, especially with MDMA. Now usually I get the horse tranquilizer vials straight from my friend who works at the vet, I open, them, leave them out to dry, pure as you like. Now the guy who usually hooks me up skipped town for a few months without prior notice so I went ahead and bought half a zip of ketamine from a dealer but I have to be honest, I'm not impressed with the quality. You might ask why I didn't test it but I was on opioids when I met him and I usually trust his judgement.

Question is: is there any way I can purify this ketamine, I know it's difficult to say given that no one knows what it's cut with but I'd appreciate any attempts at a response.

Do you not have any clue at all what it's cut with, not even an idea?

No, I don't have any idea what it's cut with. Usually the ketamine I make looks like uncrushed salt but this looks like sand.

What's wrong with this kind of discussion. It's not synthesis, I'm looking for an extraction of some sorts.

You could look up what solvents ketamine is soluble in then filter and evaporate it, if you go through multiple solvents you should end up with a cleaner batch, hopefully most of the adulterants are removed.

Usually the ketamine I make looks like uncrushed salt but this looks like sand.

visual inspection is not enough to go on sorry

the first step would be: identifying what else is in the suspected "k"... it could be something like 2-meo-ketamine if your sources are particularly unscrupulous, or it may be ketamine just cut with salt.
second step is either an acid/base purification, to sepeare inorganic/non-alkaloid impurities, or a solvent wash as suggested above.

don't just go washing your K with solvents willy nilly or you will probably lose a lot.

I have the same prob and wanna separate the two. For literal harm reduction purposes. Fuck dope. I cant use that shit. Anyway i also have about 90% ket (tested with marquis mecke and mandelin) but the mecke turns blue, indicating an opiate. Possibly heroin. Technically could also be small amounts of mdma, seems to be similar color reaction