• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Extraction. Filtration. Distillation. Purification. Crystallisation. “The key to obtaining the best yield, high purity with minimal loss of product.”

SleepWhenI’mDead

Greenlighter
As we continually learn new methods to improve one’s yield in all aspects & ensure it packs the punch that the gear is intended to, I’d like to see in which way is it most efficient when retrieving as much as you could from garments, cloth or bed linen? Nobody enjoys hitting a wall but saying that, within any avid self-educated chem lover is the will to never give up!

Please, I’m all ears & truly appreciative!

There are a number of books on practical organic chemistry targeted at everyone from school children to post-graduates.

Beyond that, datamining is the key. If you develop a new compound on a small scale in a lab, costs are not so sensitive. Chemical engineers go on to scale the synthesis where costs are a lot more sensitive.

I found the cheapest, simplest and safest reductive alkylation (of ketone + primary amine) in a patent covering the synthesis of sertraline. I was amazed. 20 years of patents in which things like TiCl4 were used and then someone remembered their highschool chemistry....

Trial and error learning from mistakes. But yes read. Read read!!
Indeed! Except regarding this particular assignment has no room for error therefore a factual response is needed. I read a lot in general but lately on this topic I think I’ve read so much that all the information has given me is too many options confusing me! Please help…

Then some data is required. Product, fabric type, surface area, amount, etc etc