View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extracting DXM from Acetaminophen

zachamphetamine

Bluelighter
How do extract the DXM HBr from the APAP in coughgels? I looked at several threads before I registered on Bluelight to ask this but all I was able to find was "Don't do it because you can easily find non-APAP containing products." And other such nonsense. Please help. I know that DXM Polystirex is insoluble in water but I've seen conflicting reports on the solubility of APAP in water. Is APAP soluble in water? Also, before you answer, please don't tell me just to get a DXM-only product or that acetaminophen is deadly in large doses. I already know this. I am thoroughly experienced with DXM having tripped balls off of it many times. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Why can't you just get Robitussin with DXM as its only active ingredient? I don't understand why you insist on using shit with APAP in it when you could easily just circumvent the issue entirely.

APAP is pretty soluble in warm water but relatively insoluble in ice cold water relative to it's normal dosage.
This means you will still likely be left with several hundred mg of APAP dissolved in the water after filtration, but this is equivalent to a couple Tylenol so it isn't really a big deal.
As others have said though finding DXM only products is the best route

I asking this because my mom gets the three ingredient coughgels and I love getting high on the free but usually I just acquire two bottles of robotussin cough gels (300mg per bottle) from Walmart but recently my car got totaled and so I can't get to the store by myself. So I wanted to know if it was possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the *cough* USEFUL information. This is what I needed to know. DXM is never my DOC. I prefer stims. Opiates are nice, but they are too addictive for me. DXM is IMO a fun, "once in a while" drug. My mom only gets the ones with APAP and I can't drive so I'm looking for ways to extract it.