• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Extracting Amphetamine from Vyanse

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdhdAmphetamine

Greenlighter
Hi!

I have read almost every post i can find back to 2008 on this subject and i can find anyone who have made this work but i did some research my self and found this out:

Vyanse contains a protein: L-lysine winch is a Amino acid it also contains Dextroamphetamine.

The problem is this the Dexamphetamine molecule is attached to the L-lysine molecule and it needs to be separated from the amphetamine molecule to be able to pass in too our brain, this happens either in the liver or in the blood stream (i can find out exactly where).

So after some research i find out that both L-lysine and dexamphetamine is water soluble. So my first idea would be that if you just add water and wait a while why should this not separate it from each other?

I think this of course is too easy thinking so i do more research and find out that L-lysine is not Ethanol soluble but dexamphetamine is. So if i pour some pills in a coup and add ethanol mix stir good and long than filter this through a Coffey filter and put the remains in a freezer would that not than yield crystallized dexamphetamine?

Pleas help me with this guys.

And i want to add that it is just one reason why i wonder and why i want to do this and that is to inject it,

Goodnight.

That Amphetamine and L-Lysine are soluble in any solvent does not mean that they are going to separate, Lisdexamphetamine is a stable molecule under these conditions.
You can not be guided by the physical properties of the two substances separately, once they have been united in a single molecule the properties are intrinsic to the new molecule.
To break Dextroamph's L-Lysine, something more than that is needed.

DocLad

Last edited:
As the above poster said it would involve doing a chemical reaction and subsequent purification if you want to inject. Too complex.

Have you ever injected any drugs?

I have injected speed for 10 years. Also injected some pills but that is really nothing i like doing. I have more Vyvans. And i would like to try to inject it. I have also injected Metylfenidat(Ritalin).

But bacvk to topic. Do you guys not think that Ethanol could break down the Damp? And leave the lysine?

Do you guys not think that Ethanol could break down the Damp? And leave the lysine?

No. It's a molecule that needs some additional energy to break those atomic bonds. You keep thinking in Lisdexamphetamine as Lysine+Amph, it is somehow correct, but it has its own physical properties and behaves as a unit and not as 1+1.
How do you think alcohol could generate those conditions? I'm curious.

I am not an expert and my answer is insufficient, in the sub-forum of Pharmacology you would find answers more complete and precise.

DocLad

Last edited:
You could run an enzymatic reaction with a peptidase. Or seach peptide cleaving chenimical reactions.

Then you would need to purify the product afterwards using chromatography.

Unless you have a fully equipped laboratory it's not happening

OP, have you ever taken a bath?
If so, you might have noticed that your body did not disintegrate into a solution of amino acids upon contact with the water, despite much of your body being made up of protein which is, in turn, made up of water-soluble amino acids.

Likewise, you might have had a drink of high-proof alcohol and noticed that it did not immediately dissolve your throat.

This is because a protein formed from peptide-bonded amino acids has significantly different properties than the individual constituent amino acids.
Likewise, an amphetamine molecule peptide-bonded to lysine has different properties from a solution of amphetamine and lysine.

Thus, your plans to hydrolyse lisdexamphetamine using water or alcohol are doomed to fail.

I understand, But im not sure i agree, Because if you stay in water for too long your body will litteraly dissolve right? Im turning into a prune in a half hour:p But anyway. In other forums, i have read that someone mix the powder in water and add som blod in the mixture. What do you think of this?

This isn't about psychedelics, so I'm moving it to Other Drugs.

Adding blood to it is certainly not going to accomplish what you want.

PD -> OD

Okay so i did some research and it seems that its no problem to do this with Trypsin as mention. I also read that injecting Trypsin is not dangerous and its was actually a study on using trypsin IV to treat intramuscular thrombosis. So it should be safe to inject the mixture right?

I have had this very question run through my head multiple times throughout the years. I've come to a realization that it just isn't feasible to do. I don't think too many people who aren't skilled in chemistry could do this reaction. That's not even to mention the equipment you need to do it. And even if you could get the equipment and knew how to pull it off, would the payoff of all that spent money and time be worth it? Maybe if it was hundreds of pills but I'm guessing it's only a couple dozen or less. Sorry I just realized im rambling.

Yeah, I'm still not sold on in vitro enzymatic cleavage/ hydrolyzing or using blood/ trypsin to deconstruct Lisdexamfetamine. If anything it's just going to give risk takers a dangerous project idea. If you come across some ground breaking reference on this then PM me and I'll reopen it but this veered off the HR path.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.