• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids extended meds not working and ropnirole

Hezman94

Bluelighter
the doctors have said my quetiapine is cauisng the stiff muscles and restlessnes and gave me ropinirole dopamine agonist to take in the day aswel.
well it has helped significantly im going to get the dose heightened as ive tried all the anti psychotics and i dont ike any except quetiapine or olanzapine and i felt brain dead on olanzapine.
it also helps the opiate rls he saysand i have read it has affinities for opiates.

anyway i am scared from past abuse of morphine methadone and oxy that extended meds dont work.
i need to giveit another go as I KNEW FOR MONTHS I HAD STASHED OXYS AND WHEN I WANTED TO GET HIGH NOOOO cant find em, finds 14 20mg oxys and 7 5mg tabs. ive put last 3 20s to side i dunno if to get rid of em today so i dont get tempted to touch em tomorow or have some self control for once.

i take the 60mg and i dont feel sick bt i feel extremey restless and anxious . will i ever be able to take er meds again do they release really slow or in intervals these ones are pellets.

i wish cud go bk to march of lat year i stopped abusing oxy and ended up on 2 10mg extended and one 5mg instant a day but my pain getting worse emotionally and physically i really need to get my back seen to as all my leg gone numb and when i itch it burns i cut down on my ropinirole thinking it was having no use when i jus needed a dose increase as quetiapine 200mg took all me dopamine

Um if you wanted to get good effects from er oxy you shoukd have crushed them.but like you said quetiapine zaps dopamine so perhaps you wont feel the oxy no matter what esp if u take it during the day.

your docs should stop prescribing you more stuff, I really don't know how do you mange to be prescribed such a large variety and all at oncee

your docs should stop prescribing you more stuff, I really don't know how do you mange to be prescribed such a large variety and all at oncee
lolololol i found this slightly humorous since i have to bring in a sheet from the pharmacy with a list of everything =p

Do you have chronic pain sir? because if you don't live with it and wake up and think "holy fuck jesus christ woah ouch" well then youd know

yeah but if I would be a doctor, I would prescribe a paitient like him just one single opioid, strong enough and both IR and ER formulations, for brakethrough pain and maintanance but considering how he literaly abuses them and mixes them without aknoweledging the stated risks in the past on here for a long time now, I would really not prescribe him this many things. but yeah I'm not a doc

yeah but if I would be a doctor, I would prescribe a paitient like him just one single opioid, strong enough and both IR and ER formulations, for brakethrough pain and maintanance but considering how he literaly abuses them and mixes them without aknoweledging the stated risks in the past on here for a long time now, I would really not prescribe him this many things. but yeah I'm not a doc

That's the sensible approach and it's what NHS docs are actually supposed to do. If a patient has chronic pain stabilise them on one med that works for them. If it's an opioid use the extended release formulation. Maybe some IR for breakthrough as you said. But that's it, they are not supposed to just throw pills at patients for the same condition. They're meant to try one at a time.

You do of course get people who are scripted cocktails, but usually this is because they have multiple conditions or are an exceptionally complex or severe case.

In general practice what you described is exactly what should be done.

But OP seems to be getting all these different opiates prescribed and I'm confused as to why.

I knew this guy ages ago who was scripted methadone and also codeine. I'm like... why? There's no way that codeine is doing jack shit to him. Probably the doc gave it to him to shut him up and he gets a placebo high off it, that's my guess anyway. He also had a script for clonazepam 2mg and probably other shit too and still used smack on top.

In his case I think it's like they knew he was a lost cause, he was in and out of jail his whole life, so they were fine chucking this stuff at him if it kept him calm.