Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Expoasing the death after 5-IT usage

nightshade101

Greenlighter
Hi All

Please read, and share as far and wide as you can if you feel you can....

5-IT - nightshade - Today 12:23 PM

Hi all

Well it has taken me 2 very long years to build but the courage to come and find out what happened to my brother "Father Ted".
I have spent most of the night and all of this morning reading through all the treads related to his usage of 5-IT and his death.

I would just like to know if people are still selling this drug and are people still using it.
After reading all of the threads and posts i am really at a loss for words that people still go out there and do this to themselves and there families.

I dont want to come across as preachy, but having been the one left behind it is really hard to understand and accept. I lost my best friend, my baby brother for 33 years.

If anyone remembers anything about farther ted or has info on other sites he hung out on please point me in the right direction, as i have found the forum, but have no idea where to do from here, i just to know the truth...

Was it accidental or on purpose, i need to find closure...

RE: 5-IT - Tempz - Today 01:47 PM

5-IT was a deadly substance that was pulled from most vendors shelves long before it was made illegal due to health concerns, we didn't know better at first, so I'm almost positive it was accidental, crying shame, I didn't know Father Ted or speak to him personally though.

As unhelpful it is to hear, it's all part of the risk we take, it could have been any of us, this is why this site is here, to put out safe information on how to take these chemicals or deal with them in general, some people might not understand, or be adverse to it, but I'd rather there be a place like this where, if people do want to divulge in drugs or research chemicals, there's information on it, rather than nothing at all.

I hope you are well, and holding together.

RE: 5-IT - nightshade - Today 02:08 PM

Thanks for letting me know

RE: 5-IT - Mango - Today 02:29 PM

@nightshade

I am sorry for both the loss of your brother and the difficulties you're facing. Please feel free to contact Blodwyn, Renton or myself.

The overwhelming majority of drug users have the capacity to make an informed decision about whether to use drugs or not. But you are certainly right to point out that this decision is often made without consideration of the impact on others when something goes wrong. The aftermath of a fatality due to unknown drug use is especially difficult for loved ones.

Father Ted's drug use was clearly intentional, but I expect his death was accidental.

If there is anything I can do then contact me. If you feel it may be helpful to establish a support group for other people in similar circumstances then we will be willing to help facilitate this to the best of our ability.

Again, I'm sorry..

RE: 5-IT - nightshade - Today 03:09 PM

Thanks so much, My aim here is not to cause ripples or judge anyone in any way.
For me it more a case of trying get get a better understanding of all of it.
By reading the treads and posts it has already helped a lot in my understanding of it all.

But if i do have any more question i will pop you a mail.

Again thank you
OMFG

With reference to the passing away of Father Ted who's death i'm afraid to say was due to 5-it consumption, like so many recent Swedish deaths were, i don't think matters were helped much when a culture of irresponsible "bosherdom" was allowed to thrive on a certain website by the mods. Instead of deleting out/ warning users about their stupid actions, and how it may influence other forum users to behave with such potentially hazardous materials, they allowed it. To me this is both irresponsible and goes totally against providing an ambience of harm reduction, so yes, i do think they have to stop and think very hard about that, because their harm reduction is really non existent when push comes to shove, and they allow forum members to set a bad example. Taking large doses of RC's is potentially deadly, (unlike drinking 1 bottle of red wine on it's own!!!, So i certainly look after my harm reduction!)

Dragon complained to a certain vendor that 5-it was very scary indeed, this was backed up by other bad news, regardless, this vendor knowing full well that Swedes were dying, still kept selling the stuff, only stopping sales, after Father Ted's sad passing away. However, hours later he was reselling the stuff AGAIN!!! ???...Then he stopped for good. DOH!!

All i know is that a website that likes to say they are there for harm reduction purposes, has a duty of care to ensure that this is included in the behaviour of the forum members that choose to consume RC'S in stupid doses like they are sweets. And if they don't, it MAY OR MAYNOT have health consequences.

The majority of UK vendors were selling 5-IT after the Swedish incident, in the same way methoxetamine and mephedrone were still on sale after deaths associated with their use. I don't recall you starting any form of campaign then, but do remember you trying to blag a 5-IT sample off C2U at this time, despite some of the concerns raised, which makes you something of a hypocrite.

I'm not saying that they had anything to do with Father Teds death, of course not, but a forum that is accessible to non members who may be influenced by what they may read should show a good example.

I hope this explains the misunderstanding.
would sombody care to explain
My brother died needlessly and the only person who tried to do something about it was dragon.
You as the mods are just as guilty as the vendors, my brother blood is on your hands.
You can delete this post but it is to late as i have got copies and i will spread them far and wide.
How dear you sit here telling me who sorry you are, when you let is carry on and how many other people have to lose there lives because they trust people like you
Mark my words, every single on of you that had a part in my brothers needless death that could have been avoided will pay and you will pay dearly.
I would not sleep to comfortably if i where you, i would actually never sleep again...
I will find you and i will make you pay....
May you god or whoever you pray to have mercy on your soul as i will not...
He died and you all cover it up.....
You sicken me....
His daughter will never now her daddy, a wife has lost her soul mate,
a mother and father have lost there child, and i lost my brother and best friend....
For what, a few fucking ponds.......

First of all, very sorry to hear about your loss... it's tragic that accidents like these happen. Harm cannot completely be avoided since we are by definition dealing with experimental drugs that basically people sign up to be guinea pigs for. The harm reduction steps in where a community needs to react adequately to signs of toxicity.
As an example, I think it is completely unacceptable that drugs like 4-BMC or 4-CMC are being sold as there is a very fair chance that they are toxic. I'm not sure how much we can become activists to try and stop it from being sold. I've tried contacting and informing vendors but they are typically fine with letting users taking their chances and enabling tragedies to happen. I fear that in this particular case the damage may be chronic rather than acutely lethal, as it appears to be with 5-IT.

It is a little unclear what part of your post is communications you have had with others, and what part is supposed to refer to Bluelight, are you accusing us of something, it is not clear.

We have threads on many drugs that are dangerous to take especially beyond certain dosages, I am personally unaware of encouragement or enabling of people to take 5-IT "full knowingly" that it is particularly dangerous. As far as I knew a number of people were hospitalized from the substance and it is to some extent nasty or dangerous, but other than that, no. I just read about the deaths though. It appears it is,so warning messages may be put in the thread, other than that people may post their own warnings in the thread. That the thread lives on does not only serve and enable users, it can try to warn them which is HR. It is terribly hard to prevent users from taking a particular substance altogether. As is mentioned people make informed decisions, hopefully, at least consciously. I agree that it is extremely likely the use was intentional but his death accidental.

A little while ago threads on empathogens like 5-IT (at least it is an analogue of MDMA like substances) were moved from the care of Psychedelic Drugs to the care of Ecstasy Discussion.

I understand you're heartbroken about this, and you have my sympathies, but please I implore you, try to inform us specifically of any misstandings so that we can try to fix them, to be constructive about it and to help prevent more accidents from happening again. To encourage harm reduction, in short.
You are entitled to your grief and anger, but I don't think the threats and accusations are necessary to throw around like that. Instead if some bluelighters on their own have done wrong, please (you might wanna be discreet sending a PM) inform staff. Also realize what this forum can realistically do, which is mostly moderation. Particularly harmful posts can be removed / hidden, it is not covering up.

I know that this forum does react to the information of certain compounds being dangerous, for example we are trying to warn people about NBOMe drugs which can be dangerous, I participate in this myself and I have received feedback about this being effective, people seem to heed the warning, although not all of them cease use of those drugs by a long shot.
In the end we are still human beings with lives of our own, modding for free, and while I mourn for every victim of research chemicals or drugs in general, I refuse to accept that this forum or any other carries the responsibility of every drug user on it. We have rules to prevent that from happening. If some mods have made mistakes, as I have said before: please be clear about those misstandings so that we can correct it.

Last edited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole

5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole (5-API, 5-IT, PAL-571)[1] is an indole derivative with stimulant effects. Its preparation was first reported by Albert Hofmann in 1962.[2] It is a designer drug that has been openly sold as a research chemical by online vendors since 2011.[citation needed]

Although 5-IT is a positional isomer of the tryptamine drug αMT, the compound is not itself a tryptamine as the indole ring is substituted at the 5 position rather than at the 3 position. The compound is closer chemically to phenethylamine derivatives such as 5-APB. This is reflected in the compound's effects when used as a drug, which are reportedly stimulating rather than psychedelic.

Deaths[edit]
5-IT has been attributed to 14 deaths of people in Sweden since its discovery.[5][6] 5-IT was listed as the sole intoxicant in two cases but other drugs were also found in the twelve other post mortem examinations. The 14 deaths occurred between April and July 2012, but a definitive identification of 5-IT in the post-mortem samples was not made until July. All of the dead were young men aged between 20-30. Eleven non-fatal poisonings due to 5-IT also reportedly occurred during the same time period.[4]

It's basically 5-APB but with an amino (NH(2)) group instead of the Oxygen.

This thread needs to be moved to MED at some point, but I'm okay with it being read a little more on PD first. Also up to Nightshade.

My brother was known around these sites as Fatherted
and it was not on this forum that this took place but on another rc forum....
My issue with the hole thing is the cover up if no one had anything to hide why have threads and post been deleted
and why did i have to go searching to only discover, that the venders where asked by the mods to remove the drug before my bro died
but no body did a dam thing

what a waste of life

So is this thread for the purposes of information? Because this is the first I've heard of this and you mention that it happened on another forum... there was no cover-up here. It just kind of sounded like you were accusing people here but maybe you were just reposting some stuff from the other forum?

Yes I agree, big waste of life, I'm sorry. :(

This is for information people need to realize that these vendors do not care about you in the lest
all they care about is the money.....
If the vendors had removed the drug like they where asked to my brother might still be with us today....
The r c sights are ment to help and inform but all they actually are doing is giving vendors an open door to sell their goods
as well as exposing people into new and more toxic legal highs

this needs to stop

When is enough loss of life enough

Certainly some vendors should be deeply ashamed for allowing people to suffer in order to make money. For example by selling dangerous compounds and keeping it up after it becomes clear that the compound is dangerous. There are also many ways those guys will try to justify keeping it up, for example by trying to put it in perspective with other dangerous drugs some of which are sold legally (think alcohol even). It is a very complicated thing, but in some cases it is very clear to me that a vendor has little or no regard for human life and health.

I was kind of suspecting that you re-posted discussion that actually refers to misconduct on another forum, good that that is cleared up.

But all the same it is a terrible thing to happen.

I don't know if you actually want to know about answers to your questions, but I think many of it must have to do with what you could call conflict of interest. I absolutely cannot speak on behalf of that other forum that appears to be connected to vendors, especially since this is a harm reduction forum with no such connections... it sounds like that setup unavoidably leads to conflicts of interests between vendors and people running the forum. And I guess while people come on there for information and perhaps looking for harm reduction, in disguise the forum is just an extension of vendors trying to make money.
Dispicable indeed.

Absolutely, we make sure here that there is no connection to vendors. If someone is determined to be shilling or offering drugs as a source, they're banned and their posts are removed.

It's a bit tricky though, because when people share their experiences on a public forum, it often generates interest in a substance. But the only alternative is to suppress information which, when it's simply information being shared without bias, isn't good either. Ultimately the best we can do is try to maintain harm reduction while allowing people to contribute information freely provided it's not related to selling drugs.

This is what is happening, and there vendor the ones that said all the stuff i posted....
Your site is wonderful and it is helpful without extra vendor help.... these rc forums need to shut down....
would good is making a drug illegal to save lives and these forums just come up with a replacement the next day...
Stop it at the sorce, we can shut down pirating sites, but not harmful forums that actually kill

sorry i am emotional so my typing is very bad....
i was not expecting to find what i did today.....
i do not want my brother death to be in vain....
i need to do something

I am in communication with the site, and i can not believe that they are actually trying to justify there actions.....
It blows my mind......
Please also understand that my brother was not just some careless junky running after his next high...
He took it very seriously and was extremely careful....
Just not careful enough

It's because of forums like this that he had any warnings it was a particularly dangerous substance. There wasn't any coverup, warnings were posted, vendors were warned, what exactly did you want them to do? It's tragic that he continued to take 5-IT after being warned it was dangerous, but I'm not sure how anybody else could've prevented it. Information doesn't kill, lack of information and/or ignoring it kills.

This is what makes bluelight so much better that any of the other sites...
The biggest problem with the site my brother was on is that the warning where there, but nobody took it seriously
and everyone continued to use and see the drugs like there was no problem at all...
3 other people from this site experience problems around the same time as my brother but they where lucky enough to make it through.

i don't think your brother would want you to waste any part of your life thriving off the anger and hate you are feeling. I'm not sure what else to say, I'm sure he loves you and wants the best for your, and that hasn't changed just because he isn't in a body anymore.

I am very sorry for your loss nightshade. I just got done watching the CNN shoe on the kids that died from NBOME. Its just very very sad that the world has to be like this. That exploring your consciousness or getting high is something so horrible and deplorable to society that all of us that want to continue to do so must risk our lives everytime we do it, and risk the happiness of our families. Its really sad. things must change...people are not going to ever stop taking drugs no matter what, so trying to force all of society to abstan ffrom drugs is a laughable....hopefully something in a useful direction will one day be done

i don't think your brother would want you to waste any part of your life thriving off the anger and hate you are feeling. I'm not sure what else to say, I'm sure he loves you and wants the best for your, and that hasn't changed just because he isn't in a body anymore.

this