• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Exploding head syndronme after molly?!?

paris1x

Greenlighter
So my boyfriend and I took molly 4 days in a row, multiple pills (3-5) a night. he's been taking them for over ten years now but this has never happened before. So the day after doing molly he experienced a loud exploding sound, he sees a flash of light and immediately passes out. This has happened 3 times during the day. Now he says he just feels extremely drunk ( even though he hasn't been drinking) Now he is at the hospital, he says he doesn't think this is drug related (I think it is) so is not telling the Dr about it. Has anyone else ever experienced this?!? Please let me know ?

Its almost certainly related to the MDMA binge. MDMA is a powerful serotonin releaser and a known neurotoxin in large amounts. Exploding head syndrome isn't well understood, but the association with SSRI withdrawl suggests it might be related to the serotonin system. This would seem to fit with it being related to MDMA usage in your boyfriend's case. He should definitely tell the doctors the truth, but he should expect a thorough scolding when he does.

For anyone else reading this: Don't ever do MDMA 4 days in a row, especially 3-5 pills a night.

Yes, I've experienced it, for several months. It seems to be slowly fading now, after ~6 months.

You also don't know what was in those pills. They could have been pure MDMA, or they could have been MDMA cut with any numbers of cutting agents like amphetamine, methamphetamine, caffeine, ephedrine, DXM, etc. They also could have been research chemicals instead of MDMA. A potentially worse situation is that some of them contained MDMA and others contained random synthetic cathinones and what not, and who knows what kind of effects that could have on someone's brain chemistry when combined and taken over a several day period? Did you test any or all of those pills before you took them? You and him took close to the same amount for the same period of time and only he is experiencing these side effects?

I hope he feels better soon :-/

As other people already said, you definitely don't want to binge on MDMA like that! A single (reasonable) dose of MDMA is probably not going to be particularly damaging to your body, but consecutive doses over a period of days (or weeks) are much more likely to cause problems.

I did mdma 4-5 days in a row once, roll sleep wake up roll sleep, we were in one room for so long. Never had head explosion. I've had neck zaps (if that makes sense) involuntary contraction of muscles is your subconscious trying to relax your body but bright light and passing out means severe dehydration and possible damage to optic nerve. I'm not a doctor so please don't take this as fact only a slightly educated guess