• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Expired Hydrocodone?

PillMeUp

Greenlighter
So Im currently going through withdrawals from running out of my Perks a week early.. but I was cleaning out the trunk of my car and found a bottle of Hyrdrocodone 10s but the expiration date is 11/24/2017 .. I dont even remember why I have them but... would it be safe to take them? And by safe I mean.. I understand theyve been in a hot car for months in the original bottle and its months past the expiration date so they might not be as effective but.. it should still stop the withdrawals right?

(Also new here... IVe been reading this site since like 2010 tho )

How much does it take me? Since I?ve been off my perks for a week 2 1/2 would probably give me a little buzz if theyre as potent as before they expired..I actually don?t like hyrdocodone because I don?t get a good buzz but I usually take 30-40mgs of Oxycodone 3 times a day.. I?m just tryna get through to my doctors appointment on Friday

They wont be any less potent IMO. And they'll take all your WDs away at the proper dose.
Being kept in a hot car could degrade them some. I have codones that are 3-4 years old and they seem to be just as good but are kept in a safe in a cool area.

Thank you guys.. I?ve been sitting here .. scared as hell to take them .. but I?m gonna take 2 for now and see if there?s any reverse side effects

The pills may have lost a little potency from being in a hot car but won't cause you any ill effects.

I said I was going to take them.. but my ended up getting a couple of perks.. but now I?m back to withdrawal and I?m staring at em .. I wish I didn?t give myself a panic attack by overthinking everything ?

The worst they'll be is weaker. They won't make you sick unless you would normally get sick from them. Remember, you can always take more, but you can't undo what you've already taken. Be safe!

I work in the drug industry and we put the expiration date on meds mostly to cover our butts. It's not really going to "go bad" and poison you or anything, and had it been kept at room temperature it wouldn't lose any of its potency long after its expiration date. Even kept in a hot car I don't think it would lose much potency. Some drugs can change into a form that doesn't get absorbed by your body very well if they sit around too long or are heated, but hydrocodone/oxycodone won't have this problem.