• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Experiencing extremely prolonged come-up times on MDMA - any idea why?

kashback

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I've been experiencing really prolonged come-up times on MDMA and last weekend they got so ridiculous, I feel I need to ask if anyone else has experienced anything of this kind or knows why this might be happening to me. I have tried google of course and have found a lot of information about how come-up times vary from person to person - but nothing on sudden changes within the same person. So here goes!

I'm female, 37 years old and weigh about 49kg. I've been taking MDMA for some years now and initially (say 5 years ago) I would take about 40-45 minutes to come up. I stopped partying in 2015 when my father was diagnosed with cancer and subsequently passed away. I then started going out and taking MDMA again occasionally in summer 2016 and to my surprise my come-ups took about 75 minutes. Weird, I thought - but I sort of made peace with the fact, thinking it might be age and/or a change in metablolism, or indeed that perhaps the trauma of seeing my father die simply changed something in me that meant it took the drugs longer to work. No big deal, right?

Last time I MDMA and 75 minutes to come up was in winter 2017 - but then I went to a festival last weekend and my come-up took a whooping 120 minutes on Friday and 140 minutes on Saturday. I have never heard of anyone taking this long to feel the effects of MDMA, neither have I heard of anyone having such an extreme change within themselves.

It might be worth noting that I haven't changed the way I ingest - always a bomb and re-doses at regular intervals. So what gives? Do any of you have any information about this kind of change in effect? Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you tested your stuff so you know it is actually MDMA?
6-APB for example gives you a quite similar experience as MDMA but lasts longer and takes clearly over an hour for the roll to start.

Also worth considering that PMMA can take that long to take effect, and that's not something you want to redose with...

Are you eating more than usual? Even so it shouldn't effect it that much.

Side note: You should not be consuming MDMA two days in a row.
Side side not: After 1.5 hours from first ingestion it doesn't make much sense to redose and it certainly doesn't make sense to keep redosing after redose #1

Admittedly I did eat before the 120 minute come-up so this could have been a factor. Hoverver, I don't usually eat before going out so when the first change from 45 to 75 minutes happened, food would not have been a factor. Equally, I didn't eat much before the 140 come-up.

Thank you also for your side notes. I'm well aware that doing MD two days in a row is not recommended and did so despite knowing this, taking supplements and being fully aware of the consequences I would have to deal with - possibly for the last time as they're really not worth it!

Have you tested your stuff so you know it is actually MDMA?
6-APB for example gives you a quite similar experience as MDMA but lasts longer and takes clearly over an hour for the roll to start.

Yes, I've had my stuff tested and was told it was good quality MDMA so I wasn't worried about this side of things. Does 6-ABP also look similar to MDMA - as in, yellowish crystal form? Will do some more research on the stuff regardless. Thanks!

Yes, I've had my stuff tested and was told it was good quality MDMA so I wasn't worried about this side of things. Does 6-ABP also look similar to MDMA - as in, yellowish crystal form? Will do some more research on the stuff regardless. Thanks!

The 6-apb I've encountered has always been a tan coloured fine powder. But regardless of what rooty says, 6-apb hits me well within an hour. Good MDMA usually hits me within half an hour (both on an empty stomach).

IMO, there have been a lot of changes with what is being sold as MDMA. MDMA itself often varies significantly. I also experienced an increase in come-up time, and it was associated with changing suppliers/product. Supplier 1 (2000 to 2005) provided products with a 15-30 minute come-up, and supplier 2 (2005 onward) provided a product with a 45 minute-1 hour come-up. Both products were sent to a lab and shown to be MDMA.

Recently, I tried a product from a third supplier. Guess what? I went back to the 15-30 minute come-up.

I am curious, has your experience changed at all? Does the roll feel a little bit different and more subdued?

Are the effects different or the same as they were for you back in the day? How about the duration of the peak? Is it still lasting as long once it does hit? (Edit- I see indigo just asked hehe.)

Also are you taking MDMA crystal/powder or presses pills?

I have heard delayed come ups for many of the modern presses as they are so dense it can take awhile for the stomach to digest. Not like 10yrs ago when most pills weren't so hard to crush up.

-GC

IMO, there have been a lot of changes with what is being sold as MDMA. MDMA itself often varies significantly. I also experienced an increase in come-up time, and it was associated with changing suppliers/product. Supplier 1 (2000 to 2005) provided products with a 15-30 minute come-up, and supplier 2 (2005 onward) provided a product with a 45 minute-1 hour come-up. Both products were sent to a lab and shown to be MDMA.

Recently, I tried a product from a third supplier. Guess what? I went back to the 15-30 minute come-up.

I am curious, has your experience changed at all? Does the roll feel a little bit different and more subdued?

You know, I never thought about that...! My suppliers have indeed changed over the years, though for the life of me I wouldn't be able to tell you if the change in my come-up times occurred at the same time as the change in suppliers.

What's more, over the most recent years (2016 onwards) even though the source should 'technically' be the same, I actually don't know if it is. As in, I used to get my stuff from a guy I'd call a mate (friend of a friend's) but he's withdrawn from selling and now I get it from his flatmate I barely know (or like). They usually got their stuff from the same place but now I have no way of knowing if that's still the case. In short - good point well made, indigo!

Rolls have definitely not been more subdued though. If anything, I've felt things stronger - though this may also have to do with the way I dose and re-dose (always by the clock). But on longer come-up times the doses may hit me at different times. (Time to re-evaluate my intervals, clearly!)

Are the effects different or the same as they were for you back in the day? How about the duration of the peak? Is it still lasting as long once it does hit? (Edit- I see indigo just asked hehe.)

Also are you taking MDMA crystal/powder or presses pills?

I have heard delayed come ups for many of the modern presses as they are so dense it can take awhile for the stomach to digest. Not like 10yrs ago when most pills weren't so hard to crush up.

-GC

Hi GC, I don't like pills much precisely because it's hard to know how much is in them and they're hard to crush up. So I get crystals and crush them up into powder, then portion them into bombs - by eye, mind you so I couldn't tell you exactly how much I take :\

I think I will now wait 2-3 months (my brain needs the break), get decent mg scales, measure exactly how much I'm having in a bomb, take just the one bomb, not redose and observe. Then take things from there depending on the initial reaction. Also might try a friend's supplier and see if I react differently to their stuff.

That said though, it might be worth noting that I've been sharing my MD with friends and their come-up times were significantly lower than mine so I don't think it's an issue with the stuff itself!

Sounds like it could be a combo of tolerance and/or food assuming that it isn't another drug which it very well could be.

I always make sure to take on an empty stomach and it hits me within 15-20min every time. How often are you rolling? I space mine every 3-4 months, 3 minimum, so I can't say from experience how much tolerance plays a roll but guessing it would to a small extent.

That said though, it might be worth noting that I've been sharing my MD with friends and their come-up times were significantly lower than mine so I don't think it's an issue with the stuff itself!

That's seems to indicate individual pharmakinetics involved. But I had capsules of MDMA powder that took 1 1/2 hour to come up on a empty stomach so it's possible I assume. But why most kick in at once and some have a gradual come up? In case of a pressed pill but loose powder in a capsule shouldn't take to long me thinks.

Seems like there isn't one simple and clear answer/solution to my predicament and I will just have to be more mindful of all factors (food, dosage, purity of product) going into my next roll and then trial and error the situation. Perhaps with time I'll make some kind of discovery that will allow me to return to 'normal'. And if I do, I'll make sure to share it here of course. In the meantime, thank you all for taking the time to reply!