• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Experiences with Melbourne/Victoria inpatient withdrawal units....

sly boy

Greenlighter
Hi guys, i've read the rules and hope i understand them, this is my first post ( although i have been checking the site on and off for years) so im sorry if i have gone about it the wrong way. I had a look for a thread with the info im looking for but i couldnt find it, so feel free to point me in the right direction and delete this post if i am wrong. (also sorry about my poor grammer, I have some learning difficulties as you will probably notice lol)

I am looking for people's experiences at Melbourne/Victoria inpatient withdrawal units, both public and private

my story:

First, I am a male, 27, born in Melbourne.
I got heavily addicted to codeine when i was 19 after an accident. I had already taken lots of stuff by then, but codein started to make me really sick, physically and mentally.
So i went to de pauls house in fitzroy-Melbourne, and spent a week in there. that got me off codein but i was still pretty addicted (although not dependent) to other drugs, such as weed, valium, mdma, ketomine, meth, xanax, oxycotin, oxzazapam aswell as takin my fair share of psycadelics (mushrooms and lsd).
Fast forward a few years, I got arrested for drug trafficking and was sentenced to spend a week at de pauls house again.
So i reluctantly spent a week in de pauls house, where they gave me valium everyday.
I got out and went straight back to my old ways, with an added valium dependency on top of everything else...

So i was taking 150mg of valium a day when the docs started to freak out, but i refused to go to detox again because i hadn't found it very helpful the last two times.
they put me on a reduction plan (150mgs down to 50 mgs on that day! yeah it was painful. and then down by 5mgs a week with daily pickups) and it took me about 2 years to be fully free of that dependency.

skip forward another year, and I am pretty clean of everything now. except for weed n alcohol.
the weed im fine with, but im starting to get serious withdrawals if i don't drink alcohol.

i had some seizure type episodes(my bladder didnt empty but i passed out and woke up with my whole body in spazms... i thought i was dieing for real) a few years ago and no reason could be found as too why they were happening. but now that i think about it, they could very well have been caused by me withdrawing from alcohol and not realising what was going on, mainly because i was on so much other shit it didnt feel so bad. is that able to happen?

Now I am scared to stop drinking because I am feeling very similar to how i felt before i went into these seizure like episodes.
my doctor wants me to go back to detox, but i am a bit weary of going through the same cycle again.

I will go back to de paul house if i cant find anything that might work better,

But can anyone share their experiences with withdrawal units in Victoria? or even Australia. Public or Private?

I need to be able too listen/write music and smoke ciggarettes, apart from that im good.
I can do that at depaul house but im interested in what other people have found effective...

sorry for the bad grammer and thanks again!!

sly boy..

Thers an Australian drug discussion sub-forum since this is a regional topic.

A mod might move it there if they want to.