• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Experienced Users of MDMA Tester Kits?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I got an MDMA Tester Kit with Forhede, Simon A&Simon B + Marquis Testing Liquids. Now I am wondering exactly how people individually go about this specifically the part where it says to use a "Needle Size Amount" for each Liquid to Test with? How do you go about doing that just take a knitting needle and get just a tip worth of Powder on it the end of it and test with that?

I got more questions but let's start with this simple one.

Are the liquids in a dropper bottle or no? Typically a drop is used and the reagents I buy come in dropper bottles to allow one drop at a time. If not, grab yourself a glass dropper from somewhere and use that.

Take as small amount of drug material as you can and simply drop one drop of reagent onto it.

Any other questions? :)

-GC

So like literally if I take a bag of 6-APB and use a paper clip to just get the smallest amount of Powder onto a plate it will be more optimal enough?

So like literally if I take a bag of 6-APB and use a paper clip to just get the smallest amount of Powder onto a plate it will be more optimal enough?
Indeed. The smaller the amount the more gradual the reaction will be. This is important because the color for MDMA is very dark and will overpower any other colors caused by added adulterants. The longer the reaction the more chance you have of spotting those other colors if there are any. So, the final color is important but even more important is that it should be the only color you see. Other colors usually mean some other drug has been added

A known trick of dealers is to use a tiny amount of MDMA and a big amount of something else. The tiny amount of MDMA is added to fool your testkit. Dealers know that the MDMA color overpowers other ones

I don't know by heart what the color for 6APB is, could be less of an issue than MDMA if it is a light color. Still important though in any case

6-APB reacts somewhat similarly to MDxx compounds with slight variations here and there on some of the reagents. Except no reaction to Simons..

I’ve only reagent tested 5-MAPB which was near identical except on Marquis it went a Maroon purple to dark instead of a more standard purple like with MDMA. You gotta be pretty familiar with these reagents to see the nuances.

-GC

Drag2019, for future reference, here is a handy chart

I have dropper Bottles from the same place as that chart above this post ^ I got the MDMA Tester Kit which came with Marquis, Froehde and Simons A&B dropper test bottles. The pamphlet says "Froehde" "Good for differentiating 6-APB and 5-APB from MDMA” but it says nothing about 5-MAPB which I need to Test that and 6-APB.

Important questions I'll start with is that I have my Test Kit in the freezer, I've read this (warm to room temperature before use) how long should that take?

I was told that the Tester Kits can last for at least a year when stored in the freezer. It also says to use it in well ventilated room is doing it in a big living enough ventilation or would a small hallway near a desk and the door be better?

Yet I have read multiple users say they can become inaccurate and less reliable after roughly 3-6 Months and mine is now 7 Months old now.

Those are all the questions I got I think.

They become inaccurate at 3-6months if stored poorly, aka room temperature, in the sun, etc..

I’ve even had testers sit in poor conditions last longer than that. They get a little muddy over time but still useable. Had some sit in a garage for 2 years and still worked well enough to use.

In the fridge mine usually last 2-4yrs. I’d say the first 1-2yrs they are nearly perfect but then as time goes on they get muddy/degraded.

You’ll be fine unless they were sent bad which is rare.

The only Reagent I’ve had go bad quickly was Simons but that’s the least important one IMO.

-GC

U won't get much with a paper clip.get a slurpee Straw or a Maccdonalds straw. Use that as a scoop.

I have dropper Bottles from the same place as that chart above this post ^ I got the MDMA Tester Kit which came with Marquis, Froehde and Simons A&B dropper test bottles. The pamphlet says "Froehde" "Good for differentiating 6-APB and 5-APB from MDMA” but it says nothing about 5-MAPB which I need to Test that and 6-APB.

Important questions I'll start with is that I have my Test Kit in the freezer, I've read this (warm to room temperature before use) how long should that take?

I was told that the Tester Kits can last for at least a year when stored in the freezer. It also says to use it in well ventilated room is doing it in a big living enough ventilation or would a small hallway near a desk and the door be better?

Yet I have read multiple users say they can become inaccurate and less reliable after roughly 3-6 Months and mine is now 7 Months old now.

Those are all the questions I got I think.
I never had a problem with them going off at room temperature

What about the "use in a well-ventilated room" like I asked in the post above "is doing it in a big living enough ventilation or would a small hallway near a desk and the door be better?" It also doesn't say anything about 5-MAPB on the pamphlet just mentions using Froehde to differentiate MDXX between 5-APB/6-APB I emailed them to about it and got no reply... maybe I didn't send the email the place you're supposed to send it to for questions like that about the Tester Kits they send out but I can't remember where it is.

Which is it should I use a small amount from a paper clip for more accurate results or do I need a larger amount from a straw?

I've been reading so much confusing and contradicting tips and information that's making me confused about how to go about doing this safely and effectively.

My Test Kit arrived through international mail months later and I put in the fridge the same I got November 8th, 2019... noway to know how long or what conditions the Tester Kit was in before I received it and put it in my freezer.

I still don't know how much powder to use one person says using a paper clip to get a small amount for more accurate testing compared to using larger amounts of the powder... the other person says it's better to scoop up a large amount of powder making and using a cut open straw as a scoop and using larger amount of powder for more accurate results?

I expected more replies from experienced testing kit users for 6-APB, 5-APB, MDMA, MDA, MDEA, and 5-MAPB.

BTW only one Vendor has REAL 5-MAPB... a differently extremely well known and popular vendor purchased what he thought was 5-MAPB which is actually 5-APB not realizing that a well known Lab did a lot of work and spent a lot of their time cleaning up that batch to make a genuine clean 99.9% pure 5-MAPB product.

My Test Kit arrived through international mail months later and I put in the fridge the same I got November 8th, 2019... noway to know how long or what conditions the Tester Kit was in before I received it and put it in my freezer.

I still don't know how much powder to use one person says using a paper clip to get a small amount for more accurate testing compared to using larger amounts of the powder... the other person says it's better to scoop up a large amount of powder making and using a cut open straw as a scoop and using larger amount of powder for more accurate results?

I expected more replies from experienced testing kit users for 6-APB, 5-APB, MDMA, MDA, MDEA, and 5-MAPB.

BTW only one Vendor has REAL 5-MAPB... a differently extremely well known and popular vendor purchased what he thought was 5-MAPB which is actually 5-APB not realizing that a well known Lab did a lot of work and spent a lot of their time cleaning up that batch to make a genuine clean 99.9% pure 5-MAPB product.

The smaller amount you use the easier it is to see the nuances in the color reaction, less is more with testing.

5-APB can be differentiated easily with the Simons if you feel you bought that in place of 5-MAPB.

I actually just bought a new batch of both 5-MAPB and 6-APB which I may be testing today. I’ve tested a few batches over the years so I’m familiar. I’ll report back but generally the best reagent to determine 5-MAPB IMO is the Mecke.

With proper high quality 5-MAPB (there’s shitty batches which test different, in fact closer to MDMA almost identically) it will turn the Mecke this beautiful lush maroon/reddish/purple color before going dark. You see that and your probably in luck.

-GC

They become inaccurate at 3-6months if stored poorly, aka room temperature, in the sun, etc..

I’ve even had testers sit in poor conditions last longer than that. They get a little muddy over time but still useable. Had some sit in a garage for 2 years and still worked well enough to use.

In the fridge mine usually last 2-4yrs. I’d say the first 1-2yrs they are nearly perfect but then as time goes on they get muddy/degraded.

You’ll be fine unless they were sent bad which is rare.

The only Reagent I’ve had go bad quickly was Simons but that’s the least important one IMO.

-GC
Hi mate. Hope spirits are just about staying up for you, and always enjoy seeing you share your vast knowledge selflessly for others.

This just struck me, that almost silly new thread about legalising Cocaine, MDMA, Heroin in the UK...

At the very least, this well meaning but seemingly naive and inexperienced group, should perhaps instead set a realistic target and lobby the government to make drug testing kits both much much cheaper, and more quickly, widely, and anonymously available.

The amount of people who are deterred from testing their drugs, because a testing kit can cost a good 30 £/$!

If an MDMA or LSD testing kit was £2.99 at the local pharmacy I think that would make a huge difference.

Like, if certain drugs can't be legalised for quality control, that would at least be one measure to make them safer.

Hi mate. Hope spirits are just about staying up for you, and always enjoy seeing you share your vast knowledge selflessly for others.

This just struck me, that almost silly new thread about legalising Cocaine, MDMA, Heroin in the UK...

At the very least, this well meaning but seemingly naive and inexperienced group, should perhaps instead set a realistic target and lobby the government to make drug testing kits both much much cheaper, and more quickly, widely, and anonymously available.

The amount of people who are deterred from testing their drugs, because a testing kit can cost a good 30 £/$!

If an MDMA or LSD testing kit was £2.99 at the local pharmacy I think that would make a huge difference.

Like, if certain drugs can't be legalised for quality control, that would at least be one measure to make them safer.

Right? That would be the cheapest safest fastest option currently...

Instead though they wanna make that money, there isn’t money unfortunately in reducing harm at a cheap cost. They want to either profit off incarceration or profit off sales sadly :(

-GC