Mental Health experience of smoking weed while on zyprexa

internalcrisis

Greenlighter
what was your personal experience smoking weed while being prescribed anti psychotics threatened by your psychiatrist mentions i would go to mental ward if i keep smoking weed? i am diagnosed with uns. schizophrenia. i dont hear voices nor hallucinate and all that stuff written in wikipedia, in fact, according to wiki some people would relapse often, some people would heal completely. i want to think that i want to heal completely, at the moment i feel aggressive towards my self because i drank alcohol and smoked yesterday and a bit suicidal.
before yesterday, the last time i smoked was on 12th and i experienced same symptoms as i experience now, (anti social thoughts mostly) and until yesterday i felt trapped in my own thoughts all the time. my question is, did you feel better eventually? did you quit smoking weed? did weed's side effects go away eventually?
was your short-term memory affected?
did your short-term memory improve with time?

what was your experience.? i want to feel positive again, talk to people and generally feel satisfied, i want to work and have a family and just die happy and before i die i want to expect at least few people to come to my funeral

Last edited:
what was your personal experience smoking weed while being prescribed anti psychotics threatened by your psychiatrist that you would go to mental ward if you keep smoking weed? i am diagnosed with schizophrenia. i dont hear voices nor hallucinate and all that stuff written in wikipedia, in fact, according to wiki some people would relapse often, some people would heal completely. i want to think that i want to heal completely, at the moment i feel aggressive towards my self because i drank alcohol and smoked yesterday and a bit suicidal.
before yesterday, the last time i smoked was on 12th and i experienced same symptoms as i experience now, (anti social thoughts mostly) and until yesterday i felt trapped in my own thoughts all the time. my question is, did you feel better eventually? did you quit smoking weed? did weed's side effects go away eventually?
was your short-term memory affected?
did your short-term memory improve with time?

what was your experience.? i want to feel positive again, talk to people and generally feel satisfied, i want to work and have a family and just die happy and before i die i want to expect at least few people to come to my funeral

I'll move this to Mental Health.

Maybe it'll get more replies.

Welcome to Bluelight BTW :)

Also i don't think there would be many ill effects, to be honest.

I've been on zyprexa and other APs and have always smoked weed happily.

Please don't hurt yourself. None of us want that.

If you have schizophrenia, then cannabis will increase your symptoms. But, this tends to go away with abstinence. I'd say give the medication a good few months. It takes time with these kind of medicines.

I'm prescribed 20mg zyprexa but only take 10mg because of the side effects (clumsiness, lethargy). Before that I was on a variety of antidepressants from lexapro to fluoxetine to cymbalta. I was a big weed smoker in my teens to mid 20s and quit because of psychiatric issues. Weed was giving me paranoia, voices, anxiety, confusion, etc. Fast forward about 25 years later and I voted for legal weed where I am, which passed, so I waited a little then started trying edibles and then smoking weed. Unfortunately I have to admit smoking weed, especially any effective amount, is likely to bring out the same old problems. It sucks because I like pot, but really, the truth is, whether I'm taking an antidepressant or an antipsychotic, the negative side effects always come up. I've tried putting a very small amount (like a quarter of a one hitter) mixed with tobacco, and that kind of works and wears off quickly. I think though, all things considered, my days with cannabis are numbered. I can't take the anxiety and negative thoughts and self doubt that getting high on pot seems to always bring. I have about 1/2 a gram that will probably last through this week. After that I'm probably giving up on it for the time being.

Everyone is very different.

If it doesn't work, don't force it.

@internalcrisis - the above two posters seem to know more about this in combination with schizophrenia.

Would be nice to hear how you're doing.

Everyone is very different.

If it doesn't work, don't force it.

@internalcrisis - the above two posters seem to know more about this in combination with schizophrenia.

Would be nice to hear how you're doing.
hi,
well i made a mistake that i didnt take the AP as prescribed because i didnt want to mix weed with them. i take the AP as prescribed. obe in the morning and one evening.
i talked to someone with schizophrenia and she said that smoking weed would dull the AP and make it less effective.

currently i been smoking weed frequently and i dont feel high as i used to when i last time took a two week break

i dont have my pc atm so i struggle with boredom