• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Experience of buprenorphine induction with help of Tramadol

trip407

Bluelighter
Hi there,

i am right now addicted to heroin around 1g of average quality by European standards. I am rather weak when it comes to endure withdrawal pain this time. Last year i detoxed 7 times (two times inpatient). Now i just want to switch over to bupre again.

My plan is to use Heroin in the evening as usual then take tramadol 24 hours as needed. Sleep the night through with some strong benzos (clonazolam/flubromazolam). Do i have to wait until the tramadol and its metabolites mostly left my body or can i use subs AFTER tramadol usage. I had bad experience of switching from heroin after around 18 hours of my last shot, in two of these cases the wd increased unfortunately.

I want to go all sunday without heroin, because i get an anaesthesia on monday for an eye surgery. If i wake up i want to use the buprenorphine. If i feel bad i ask for pain meds to make it bearable. I just need a baseline level of bupre in my system from then on it gets easier.

Someone had experience of induction with the help of Tramadol?

Why do you even want to bother with the tramadol? Why not just jump directly to buprenorphine?

You just need to be aware of the time that has elapsed since your last dose of heroin before taking buprenorphine. I would wait until you are in full blown withdrawal before dosing, otherwise you could cause yourself precipitated withdrawals.

The tramadol just seems unnecessary and it's a shitty weak opiate with other undesirable mechanisms of action. You'd probably need a lot to stave any withdrawals.

And do you know what they will be using for anesthesia? I assume propofol. That's what I had recently for a procedure I had done. I'm just curious in case it may affect this transition.

have you talked to your dr.s about this? seriously this sounds dodgy. having bupe in your system without doctors knowing is realy gonna mess with their ability to manage your pain.

Its an emergency operation on monday, the incident happened on Friday. I will tell them about my drug addiction. I am also deep into benzodiazepines and synthetic noids. I want to bother with the tramadol because its working good for me in weakening the WD and make them bearable. I am just too weak right now, to wait untill i am in full blown WD. Aside this i work 6 days in the week, 5 of this in a big office, i can not sit there in full blown WD. The other day its physical labour. Now that i have this operation i am sick at home and can try this transition. I will tell you how it works out. I just thought someone else tried to ease the induction with weak mu agonists.

Hi everyone

I'm 34 and have been using heroin <17 yrs. I'm so fed up with this constant battle with addiction and recently more so my employment is becoming difficult to hold down. Anyway I just was hoping everybody would pray for my. I had my last use almost 22hrs ago of a tiny amount in comparison to what I normally have 0.3gm I managed to hold on for this long with the help of pregabalin. Anyway I introduced 0.4 mg of subutext and the precipitated withdrawal the usual symptoms coughing toilet vomiting etc all followed About half hour later I bought another 0.3gm of heroin would my system be familiar now that there's subutext introduced for when I try it in the evening? I praying that the storm will be bearable or I'm afraid I will succumb to it again last October 2014 I had a detox 5 followed by a naltrexone implant and I have relapsed again I feel I'm not going to make it out of this vicious addiction please please help keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Love Raj London.

hi, with your low dosage of buprenorphine you will feel relief from the sickness. But the dope will feel weaker and last shorter. Even though you felt sick, the metabolites of the street Heroin ( i.e. 6-MAM, Morphine-6-glucuronide) still linger in your body for a long time and need time to be broken down.

I once made a transition to buprenorphine in a similar manner. I used a low dose of heroin in the evening to sleep and try to go the next day as long as possible and then snort like 0,5-2mg, in very small amounts with breaks of 20-30min in between to see how bad i will feel. Then in the evening i used another small shot of heroin to take away the pain and be a able to sleep. Then i repeat this the next day and try to use even more buprenorphine. If you have a level of buprenorphine already in your system the transition will be much more easy. Then one day you will feel that the subs are enough to help you sleep and you can skip the heroin altogether. BUT you can only use a low dose of heroin or ppw will set in if you snort the subs, even if you have a level build up in your system. Don't expect to feel any kind of high from subs like from methadone. It will just make you feel normal. In the beginning you might still sweat and feel a little uncomfortable here and there.

Now to my situation, the tramadol hold me well enough to make two days bearable. I took 300mg of it every 5-6 hours. The binding affinity of tramadol is clearly lower then that of buprenorphine. Now i also hope its efficiency at the receptor is also lower then that of buprenorphine. All i could find on the forums is that tramadol works good together with buprenorphine.

But i still relapsed today, because i needed to get something for my GF, she is not ready for subs now, and all i could get was a minimum of 5g's. Tomorrow i will go to the hospital and only take tramadol, pregabalin, benzodiazepines and subutex with me. Maybe i am long enough there to make it. I cannot afford this lifestyle any more, and its killing my relationship. Its also hard to hold down two jobs if your are in withdrawal, because you don't have enough dope for whatever reason.