• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Exp. w/ vivitrol. Using Opana & Suboxone w/ it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig111384

Greenlighter
I had originally typed a much longer version than this. I went to post it, and I guess I had timed out on my phone or whatevs.

I received my first vivitrol shot Jan. 3, 2018.
I had heard that fetanyl could override it, but I do not do fetanyl, I do Opana.
I saw that Opana was only 1/10 as strong as Fet via IV. .1mg to 1mg oxymorphone. I didn't know about binding affinity yet, so I thought strength was all that mattered.

My "normal" shot of Opana in my active addiction was 30mg (+/- 5mg). I've been up to 5 Moon 30s(which are gone now, Activis) once, and 5 40s(Global) another time. I'm sure I could have done more, but I couldn't afford more.

On day 17 I shot 30mg Oxymorphone, I only felt a mild change. Mainly I just felt respiratory depression.
Day 25 - 28 - Each day I did 40mg. I felt it more each day, but even on day 28 (Feb 20), I was not impressed to say the least. What it reminded me of was, that unnecessary 2nd shot I used to do so often. For example, I wake at 7am, do a 30mg shot at 7:01. Then do another shot, say 20mg, at 10:30; Yeah, I feeel it, but I don't really FEEEEEEL it, ya know?

As for Suboxone it has worked IV since the first day I tried it, and it has progressively gotten better. I think I first did it around day 8. I did it again a few hours ago, and it was great. I was using 3mg per shot, 2 shots, 3 hours apart.

Now, that leads me to a bit of info Ive learned and searched in a futile effort to find but to no avail. I was wondering if this late in the vivitrol (day 28) and having used opana 3 days straight, if shooting the sub might send me into some sort of precipitated withdrawal... The answer is NO, No it did not. I guess the Naltrexone quickly replaced the Opana, and it was no longer an issue. I honestly don't know, that's just a guess.

I highly suggest not accepting vivitrol without covering alota shit with yourself and your support group first.

I highly suggest having an ICE plan in place if you do try to override the shot. I have 2 different types of Naloxone, and had them on standby w/ a Fiend Friend on standby.

I really hope this helps someone, and I am happy to answer any questions.

Hey Craig, I want to give you a warm welcome to the community! Please try to familiarize yourself with our policies and philosophy as you find your way around. We all look forward to your contributions.

The thing is, I'm sort of, ethically opposed to a thread that is dedicated to nothing more than overriding a shot of Vivitrol (Naltrexone). We're about Harm Reduction and we really try not to overtly encourage the use of drugs and that is what this is essentially. The truth is man, just like we tell other maintenance patients. If your desire is to get high, get off your maintenance drugs and stop fucking around.

I'm not being a dick. That's the breaks. You wanna get high? Get rid of the Naltrexone. I'm gonna close this, but if you have questions regarding safety or anything like that, consult us.

Status
Not open for further replies.