Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Montauk Brewing
Sweetwater Brewing
Breckenridge
Alpine
Green Flash

There may be more, but this is what was easily searchable. Basically (IMO) b/c Canadians threw money like drunken sailors at the licensed producers in Canada, they quickly became very rich with large market capitalizations (for a short period of time until reality set in and they started losing billions). Given the expectation that there will soon be federal legalization in the US, Tilray is establishing a nationwide distribution network for Cannabis beverages, so they can hit the ground running and be #1

I’m really not comfortable with that b/c the Cannabis beverages launched in Canada have been shitty. I also do not appreciate micro’s getting snatched up like this to just end up as part of some larger portfolio

I don’t drink alcohol any more but I have fond memories of guzzling Colorado beers years ago. It’s just sad to see Canada fucking up a part of American culture.

So, uh don’t buy those products ^^^^ and stuff. When you do cave in and try, only buy one.

Tom

The thing that pisses me off with Canadian Cannabis beverages is that they are capped at 10mg per individual container. So, to get 100 mg you'd have to buy 10 beverages.

Except you can only legally buy 6 at a time. Of course, not everyone/many people need higher doses. And we certainly don't want all of those extra calories or a shit ton of sugar.

The Canadian federal bills covering legalization (C-45/6) have been under review since September. Recommendations will then be made to the government - and I think that amendments that are proposed have to be voted on. Not sure (I'm a bad Canadian). We might get increased limits, perhaps to 20mg per container.

Here's another oddity. 10 mg per Cannabis edible package, except if they are not intended to be consumed all at once (such as lozenges say government material (interpretation?). Those are classified as equivalent to gelcaps(literally wtf?). So now we are getting 10 packs of 'Electric Lemon' or 'Arctic Cherry' Halls Cough Drops type. Don't understand that.

It's only 4 years in and I've noticed a vast increase in quality to the point where it is equal or slightly better than the best *I* have had from the black market. Which ain't saying much b/c I either got from relatives or a significant other's grower friend.

Laws are inconsistent from province to province with the provincial/territorial being allowed to set location of stores, hours of operations, where you can consume, minimum age, maximum allowable purchase quantity and potency. Quebec caps their edibles/drinks at 5mg per and does not allow vapes. Some provinces allow same day courier (which is very cool) and an Uberlike service is or will be active in Toronto.

British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia (maybe others) have government run online stores. Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba have store run online purchasing using a Cannabis specific delivery company.

Tom

Wow they bought Sweetwater? Lol I thought it was a local thing. They sell it in the local groceries.

They have some good beer, many of which are flavored with real cannabis terpenes. Some of their beer tastes like it was brewed with the dank! It literally tastes like you're drinking weed but is 0% thc.

Why the hell would anyone want to drink something that's "weed flavored" unless it was gonna get them high? That's like drinking non-alcoholic beer

Why do they even cap the beverages?
When Cannabis was legalized, the government had a 3 prong approach; public health, safety (access) and a reduction of the Cannabis that 🇨🇦 purchase from crime. So I think it’s b/c of safety. They literally don’t want people greening out or pulling tighty whiteys.

Quebec caps edibles and drinks at 5mg.

Tom

Wow they bought Sweetwater? Lol I thought it was a local thing. They sell it in the local groceries.

They have some good beer, many of which are flavored with real cannabis terpenes. Some of their beer tastes like it was brewed with the dank! It literally tastes like you're drinking weed but is 0% thc.
Sadly yes. That was one beer I never managed to get to try before stopping drinking. I saw it on a Walking Dead episode 😂 I have read very good things about them. I think some of their ‘tech’ has been licensed by Cdn companies as we’re now getting terpene flavoured tonic waters, which I love.

Still haven’t found a good low (like 0.3% or less) or zero alcohol beer. I’ve had some 0.3% IPA’s but they had no body and were quite watery.

Tom

What I used to do, when the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission (Cannabis portion) sold water soluble THC drops was to add 10-20 mg THC to a 0.3% Stout. I could almost sorta think I was drinking a watery Guinness and I was getting buzzed at the same rate.

But the people at NSLC stopped selling the water soluble drops. That's a pisser.

Tom