European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Evey's thread - temp

Sprout

Bluelight Crew
Just throwing this up so I have a place to pass over the posts that seem to be from the Healthy Living Thread.
If I have made a mistake, let me know - cheers.

As the name suggests this thread is to discuss healthy living. Things like;

What exercise are you currently doing? Not a lot, slack recently. I ride my bike a fair bit though.
Do you eat healtht? Again, my diet is not ideal at the moment. I eat a lot of fruit but my veg consumption has been a bit slack of late. I fuck with fast food too much but when eating at home I only eat quality meat and fish. When training I eat much more healthy though with fewer carbs in the evening, more veg, extra protein in shakes and only fast food once a week.
Do you believe that you can sti be healthy n take drugs? If so, why n how? Yes absolutely, it's about having an honest appreciation of your personal relationship with each substance and engaging in moderation and balance (imo of course).
What do you think of fast food chains such as KFC n McDonalds? It's garbage of varying degrees of course, but it is perfectly possible to eat it as part of a healthy balanced diet. We all have our gutter tastes.
How important is it to have a healthy mind? Do good nutrition n / exercise contribute to a healthy mind? I would say it's probably the single most important thing in the world.

Also, if you wish feel free to document your workout / nutritional routine on a day- to- day basis. I'm having my shoulder reconstructed tomorrow, I'll use this thread as a diary documenting the rehab process. Also my general fitness regime and the changes from what is very little right now hopefully up to fighting fitness with my shoulder being suitable for fightig again, and what I'm doing with my diet as this process begins to require a more properly focused diet.

Welcome to The Ace Healthy Living Thread for EADD Good thread Evibey!

Evey

One down, more to go

Health ans shit yeah!

Day 1. No chocolate. No crap. No shite. Well I best get my fat out outta bed n making fruit ryvita n boiled eggs (not eat together of course). Since I've limited my bread comsumption to no more than two Slices a day or none some days, my skin has been better. I'm also taking omega 3 fish oil capsole, of course n green tea extract tablet.

Time to throw away the poisonous, processed junk we call "food" INCLUDING NUTELLA yea n get in some proper food. Fruit, vegitables. Whole foods.

Oh n drink more water..... Rehydradration yea!!!!

Who's with me?

Evey

I'm with you Evey. There's so much crap food in supermarkets, it'll kill you. They try to trick you by putting the fruit & veg first so you don't notice the rest of the shop is all crap. If you do visit a supermarket then just go round the first bit & straight to the till, forget the rest.

Get proper fresh food from the local market or local independent shops. Get fresh meat, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, fruit & veg. I have to check ingredients on food because I'm coeliac, I can't have any bread (except real crap & expensive stuff), wheat, barley, rye, oats, but often even if supermarket food might not mess me up I'm put off by all the other additives.

I'm feeling a lot better a year after I started paying attention to my diet & 6 months after I stopped smoking. Still have bad days, but overall in a much better place physically & mentally than I was last year.

Never got the hang of this healthy living lark. For me it a all about the fags, booze, drugs and junk food. I'm now 50 years old and I don't look a day over 70...

I only eat canned or processed food, they're called preservatives for a reason yeah?;)

Right kid in school. Best get this exercise going before my one mile walk to the pharmacist for my script. Yawn lol

Evey

Exercise done. I forgot what an ace feeling it is when your muscles are quivering. I just wish I had the good endorphin rush that i once had after a good workout, just feeling nauseous lol. I'm sure that goid feeling will return if I keep at it n introduce more cardio.

Time for drink of water n a walk :)

Evey

Right exercise time. Dping some INSANITY. This fat won't go itself ;)

Chicken n rice for tea :)

Evey

More healthier. Been up at 5 am exercising doing lotsa programmes.

Last week swam 30 lengths one day n 15 lengths another day.

Eating healthier. Had a nice mushroom n spinich omlette for breaky yesterday, bought some whey n eggwhite powder.

Doing race4life 6 June n considering running a half marathon so all's good.

Evey

Hi Evey, wondered where you'd gone! Well done on the fitness regime, wish I had the same motivation.

Nice one evey, excellent news

Thanks - have joined Total Fitness.

Anyone heard from england? How's he doing?

Evey

Yeh, I've heard from him. He's a bit down actually so im sure he'd appreciate some kind words if anyone else has his contact details (not sure if he's still lurking or not)

I'm a bit of a skimmer with this section - hadn't realized how much the guy was going through. I hope that he is OK and if he is lurking and needs a chat, a vent etc I hope he knows that he has a lot of people who he can reach out to.

Also wondering what's happened to Warriorontheedge - not seen him for a while now.

INSANITY done. On week 8 now. Off to swimming. Really not in the mood as not much energy but I'm going to do it as this fat won't come off sitting on my ass making excuses.

Last week I did:
Tuesday: 20 lengths
Wednesday: 25 lengths
Thursday 35 lengths

This week I'm space out swimming Monday Wednesday Friday n need to do some kettlebells sometime as I've some 10 min intense DVD sessions for those.

And last week of INSANITY every day bar Sunday (rest day)

Then I may do a combats exercise DVD programme which I bought discounted n isn't bad as I've tried it though it does feel easy compared to INSANITY (I must be doing something wrong).

Recovery week next week anyway.

PS: ive missed two buses now. Public transport really sucks lately. I wont get started on the local taxi firm.

Evey

Anyone know much on endorphins here who can give me some advice? Have I messed them up for good?

When I first did INSANITY back in 2012 (yt it if you want to see what it is) it made me feel alive, I felt the happiest I felt in my life, energised like electricity. For three hours after every workout I felt the most amazing, exilerating feeling. If I missed a workout I felt miserable n I truly became addicted (in a healthy way) to cardio n HIIT exercise.

Now I'm on my eight week n although I feel happier, fiiter, better I am not getting the feelings of aliveness, electricity n exhileration that I once had from INSANITY. It was literally the best high of my life the sunrise had fallen on every dark moment That had come before.

Now I'm on 2.8 mg subs (2 mg / 2, 04). Is this affecting me n should I rid myself off this crap once n for all, bare the withdrawals. So I can regain what I once had n stupidly threw away.

And how long would it take for me to get my endorphins back??????

Please don't anyone talk me in to staying on subs I'm trying to talk myself into coming off while the addict in my wants the subutex.

Anyone know their stuff please advice (that is the people who don't want my head on a plate hahaha)

Evey

My friends used to think it weird I wouldn't eat anything with aspartame, careful about carcinogenics... little things like not eating burned/charred stuff, rinsing plates so no soap residue (I thought everyone did that!) Conscious of my diet, vitamins, vegetarian/vegan fluctuate between the two. I have fluoride free toothpaste and try to go on regular walks / bike rides. I don't smoke...

So that doesn't seem to gel with the reckless intake of drugs...But I always said its better to be healthy in as many ways as possible to hopefully counter the drugs I have taken and do take.

Meh.

While you have opioids in your system you won't feel the same buzz or joy from anything else - fact!

Even WHEN (not 'if') you come off the bupe, it will take months to get close to how you used to be. I've been off methadone for about 3 months now, and I still feel like I'm in a dark tunnel, but the light at the end is getting closer and brighter all the time. My sense of smell has returned, so has my libido and I'm starting to feel more motivated. It's a long haul, but you're miles ahead of me already with your fitness regime so when you do come off, you're already half way there. Go girl !!

Feel like im reverting back to type n losing motivation. Going to try do some exercise but not feeling this anymore :(

Life's a joke at times n everyone can laugh because im the biggest, naive, most gullable fool on here :(

Evey

Get yourself out of the house - get some sunshine or rain or wind on your skin.

Started my day with a very healthy juice carrot, apple, grape, cucumber, ginger and lemon juice. Having a lazy day today, weather is gorgeous just on 38 / 100 degrees blue sky - must resist the urge to grab a beer and sit outside :D

I am going to, going swimming in a bit.

Evey

Ran my first ever 10km today (well, 9.75km, I could have carried on past my house for 250m but I spent the last 2km hanging on to my stoma bag which was barely stuck to me as I had forgotten to put the reinforcement tape on, so I thought it wise to go straight in, there's always next time to make it an official 10km!) in 55:18. Missed out on two opportunities to go out drinking this weekend in order to feel up for doing it this morning. Only started running 5kms a month ago (first was about 32 mins I think) so am pleased with my progress.

Just undone all the healthy by eating a bacon and egg sandwich which I made with all six rashers of bacon from the pack, two large eggs and about half a loaf of bread that had just come out of the bread maker though :D

I was riding about 25 kilometers a day, but have stopped due to it being the middle of winter where I am. This is something I hope to start again once there are more daylight hours again in the next month or two. I have also picked up smoking again after having stopped just shy of 5 years. On the plus side though I have lost 10 kilos, and am eating less sweet foods. It's pretty fucked, but I am hesitant for this reason to stop smoking again, at least until I lose a few more kilos. At this rate I will have lost it towards October.

ffs my nipples are REALLY hurting n there's cuts on them. Now i could maybe understand if I'd been sucked off or was breastfeeding but haven't. Had to take some nurofen today because they hurt when I was exercising. I don't understand why they're hurting? Girls?

Evey

Exercise done for today. A programme called T25 session 1. It's by Shaun T like INSANITY, just as intense but only 25 minutes.

Evey

Nice one. Best time of the day for it too. You'll feel ace for the rest of the day now.

I ran for exactly 1hr on Saturday and covered 10.7km. May do a 5k once before work this week but I'm away at the weekend so won't be doing another 10k for a while now.

Taking 5kg of home made brownies to work for my birthday to balance out all the healthy today though. :p

NSFW:

Here's a nice picture of my pale, hairy and sweaty arse. It's got a painful boil, that won't pop, from excessive bike riding.

I have hydrogen peroxide and a razor blade. This could sting a bit. . .

Oh dear...... Hope you get ride of it soon.

Evey

First 300 trawled through, above is what I got, does it seem right?

I have recently stopped taking any drugs after a spell of trying a collection of new things, and after a few weeks I think my body might be coming round. Haven't a solid meal in a week, and I just know I have no nutrients or vitamins left. I wake up in the mornings so sick feeling, like have been drinking bottles of whiskey but haven't been touching alcohol at all. Hot sweats, faintness, you name it. I think it's pretty much malnutrition.

advice? Vitamins to get, juices to drink, best foods to get back into stomaching it again? Any feeders about ;) just kidding!

Today is exactly 2 years and one day since I had the really big surgery to construct my j-pouch. The day after the surgery, full of optimism about what it would allow me to do, I registered to the the Great South Run in 2014, which is exactly 10 miles. I seem to remember setting myself a goal of 100 minutes too.

Of course, life doesn't always work out as you plan and instead I had nine months off work sick, six hospitalisations, three surgeries, and a permanent stoma.

But this morning I wanted to prove to myself that although things might get in the way of your plans, if you keep on trying, you will get there eventually. So I got up and ran 10 miles (nearly twice as far as I've ever run in my life before) and surprised myself by being able to keep going without having to stop and walk at all. Completed the run in 89 minutes and 55 seconds.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself to be honest :)

That's incredible, Josh! You should be pretty chuffed with yourself! Well done dude. Not many can run ten miles to begin with let alone after what you've been through. Pure champ!

Thanks! Not sure I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow heh.

The problem with achievements like this is that there are always bigger ones to aim for. Looking for a half marathon route try in a few weeks now...!

Ran 5.5km at 5.30am. Feels like a form of self harm. Lungs are in an abysmal state after a weekend of smoking my way through a 25g pouch of baccy. Still, if I was going to slip somewhere at a festival I'm glad it was by smoking and not drinking (8 weeks tomorrow woo!), and I don't think I can actually take mdma without a cigarette or spliff constantly in my hand :p

6 months of no smoking, 10-ish months of no vodka. doing a physically hard job again & starting to bulk up with a decent diet and whey protein. feeling pretty good. until monday comes again after being on a lil speed sesh =D

Today I ran in my first competitive event, a local 10k. I came 361/1500 with a chip time of 48:50. Feel a bit disappointed about this because I'd tried so hard to get fit enough to do it in 45mins. My PB in training was 48:41 so I was only 9 seconds off that but everyone was telling me I'd be faster in an event, so I was kinda hopeful I'd get closer to 45. I felt terrible the whole way round though! Been smoking a fair bit of weed again which I guess isn't helping. Need something to take the edge off in the evenings which doesn't slow me down when I go out running!

Anyway, the goal is now to keep chipping away until I can consistently run a 45min/10k (I can go up a group at running club too then) and then start working on my stamina to get fit for a half marathon in the spring. Going to be tough keeping the motivation up through the winter, already had some tough 5am morning runs in the dark, cold and wet, and I don't see this improving for a while ;)

Anyway, I had to bump this from page 3 again, is anyone else doing anything healthy at the moment? :D

Well done, Josh xxxx That's real ace.

PS: Re-starting a programme called T25 n somehow give myself an ass kicking. I've put me alarm on for 4:30 am. My goodness do I feel guilty when I read others progress (which is goid for motivation) as I've let myself go. I jusr wouldn't stop eating cakes etc. Basically regressed health-wise. So time to get on it n bugger off with the excuses.

Evey

Well done indeed, Josh! The first 10k is a milestone for every runner :)

I spent the last three months destroying the healtiness of the first six (food, food and more food :( )But I'm moving next week and plan to start again with my diet and lose again those pounds. At least I never quit the gym, which reduces a bit the junk food damage (and will therefore count as my healthy thing...)

Other people's progress is half the reason I'm hooked on running in the first place. The other half is my own progress. If you can find ways to track and measure your fitness, it becomes much better.

4.30am is mental though, I have to get up at 5am to do a 10k before work and I refuse to start any earlier. :p

Heh, sounds like me, only I didn't want to stop eating shit so I just started running more :D As long as you burn off the calories you can eat anything you want right?

Signed up for the Milton Keynes half marathon last night (didn't take long eh) which is in exactly 5 months time. Gotta have a goal to keep me going through the cold, dark and wet winter! Would love to o do it in under 2hrs but we'll see. Furthest I've ever run is 10 miles in just under 90 mins. Time to work on my stamina! Hopefully I'll sneak in that elusive 45mins 10k at some point too.

lol. If you are not putting on fat then you should be fine!

You have got plenty of time to train for the marathon, and the <2hrs goal should be quite attainable for you! But don't train only your stamina, do some speed training as well!
Btw: I admire you. For me, running season will reopen next March... :p

I did T25 today n a few chin ups pn my chin up bar. Thank you, Josh, for reporting your progressing. It's actualky helping motivate me somewhat.

I was going to do race4life half marathon this October (last Sunday) but things happened n that was end to that - but there's always next year. This was the first one they've done so I do hope they put on another one. They held it in London but not where the London marathon is held, a scenic route.

Anyway keep it going, Josh n good luck with the HM. I'm sure you'll train fine. It's only 3 1/2 miles more than what you've already done if you've ran 10miles beforw. Last year you were ill n in hospital. You've come a long way, Josh, n should be very proud of all you've achieved(ing).

All the best to you. <3

Evey

Will be leaving work early tonight (love flexible hours at my new job) to go to running club. First exercise I've done since Sunday. Unless you count the 5km each way I'm cycling to work every day, which is making me surprisingly achey, obviously using different muscles and I have to remember that I'm starting from nothing after nearly 3 years of malnutrition - every time I use a new muscle group I'm starting from scratch.

I also have a niggling sciatica, which has been slightly twingy again since Sunday. I suffered real bad with it a couple of months ago (went to the docs and everything, that's how bad!) and running really aggravated it so I've resisted the temptation to run a morning this week to try to let it settle again. I'm more inclined to believe it's caused by my sedentary job and sitting all day than running itself though. Anyone got any tips for keeping it at bay?

Be careful, Josh, that sounds like disc disc. Running does aggravate it. I had it in 2012. If it continues you may need to change to walking / swimming for a while until it eases up. There are stretching exercises on YouTube or you can see a chiropractor. NSAIDS like naproxon or iboprufen should help. Don't sit down too often n try to keep as active (ie walking) as possible. I was told not to do squats / plyometrics at the time, as it aggravates it.

Best to see a doctor if it continues for MRI (though it took ages for me to get one).

Please don't ignore this, Josh, n continue running. I made that mistake n ended up in a lot of pain for awhile. Hope it clears up soon.

Google sciatica n slip disc there's lots of information on them as well as how to recover. If you have one, you always have it, just a matter of getting the jelly stuff away from pressing on the sciatic nerve.

Evey

I shouldn't take NSAIDs as I have a bowel disease unfortunately. I've had my "stage 1" assessment with my gp so if it gets bad again I'll get an immediate referral. I wish I could take your advice about not sitting down too much! It's definitely the biggest cause of the problem but my job demands I do it for long hours most days.

By and large it's been fine though, I'm learning that the breaks between running are as important as running itself to my fitness and am giving myself more breaks to recover now. That said, I ran 40km last week, including one 15km at the weekend. Taking it easy this week though. Did intervals training for the first time at running club last night (I'm a real member with tops with my name on and everything now!) which was a killer. But I ran a couple of sub 4mins/kms as part of it, couldn't keep it up for long though!

I'm mildly annoyed with myself because I stopped smoking weed for the entirety of the last eighth I bought, and switched to using my vaporiser again. After a couple of weeks I really noticed the benefits in my breathing. But I also noticed how much quicker I got through the baggie, it's definitely not as efficient as smoking it! And weed is expensive, so I'm back on the pipe again. Tempted to throw it away in the hope that it forces me to use the vape, or maybe quit altogether - a daily toot of weed is about the only bad habit I have left now.

First local cross country league race in a couple of Sundays time, local 5km race on Boxing Day for a laugh, and Milton Keynes half in March, so plenty of running coming up to keep me motivated.

ENTIRE THREAD TRAWLED - again, my apologies for this.
I'm waiting for some consensus before anything else because I didn't frequent either thread

Last edited:
Yes - that's very kind n thoughtful of you to go through all of that for me. Thank you <3 have just had to pay £70 for a new screen on my iPhone 5 c you've really cherred me up thanks I dunno what to say xxxx

Lol, she bullied you into remaking it then

No I didn't you know I'm passionate over the threads I make here n helping this forum. Please don't start I've had to fork out a fortume n am in complete debt now.

Evey

No problem, it's my job. Like you said - those who break it should fix it. :)

Are you okay to have those posts laid out in the above format and simply pasted into the HL thread?
It would be so much faster than individually moving posts to keep just the avatars.

<3

You got it all wrong. Most of those posts are from the health and sickness thread.

Thank you, care to be more precise and I'll edit the above post until it's 100% correct?

<3

Yes ok will it be linked back to the index pls like before? X

Sry eating pizza just drenched from getting phone. This rain's relentless.

You got it all wrong. Most of those posts are from the health and sickness thread.

Do be quiet.

Evey