Everything will be alright for everyone....

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
Woke up at 4.30 am this morning with this bizarre conviction. I don't what prompted it. Tried successfully to lay off booze last night. Admit I have had a few drinks now (it is 7.47 am).
But even before that ... this weird euphoria. Am I going mad?
Perhaps. But I feel like everything is basically okay.
Maybe I am going beserk but this is much better, so much better, than the depression and dread I have felt for so long...and it's not just about me.
Hard to put into words!

Sounds a a little manic. Are your thoughts running a little quick too? Maybe making some connections you wouldnt usually? When I drink hard I have my days that are kind of funny.. overly upbeat. It leads to blackout reckless behavior quite often.

But Im bipolar so...

The euphoria you feel is probably from getting deeper sleep last night after choosing not to drink. Then you felt better so you started drinking again. It always feels best after a break but it's a vicious cycle and one you won't always be able to control.

I've experienced this numerous times from opioids, if I was broke and sick, usually the first day I would have this bizarre euphoria where I felt almost good and I felt everything would be fine and could actually enjoy things, and then by the next day I would be in torturous physical withdrawals. I honestly think it's in that state between last use going into physical withdrawals where you can almost enjoy life not on heroin/alcohol as it's eliminated from your body, but before the real withdrawals creep in. It is a weird euphoria, for real.

Hopefully. Because of multiple reasons I feel that I get deeper and deeper in a depression ( my first, but already diagnosed by my Psych). Every fucking day it feels like there is some other idiot hit me with a hammer on my head. Today too. The working place is never there anymore for me - the responsible at this practice gave it to a good friend because "he knows him longer" - ok, understand, but I have been the first that applied, I had my two interviews and all seems to be fine. I was so superlucky, i called all my friends and family and the best: I informed 300 - 400 patients where they can find me from Oktober on. I'ts so mean...

I will not stop searching, of course not. But this practice - i always wanted to work there. Everything was fixed. HAHA! Fucking asshole...

Today i spoke to my insurance about giving me a psychological rehab for 3-6 weeks so that i can find back to the funny JJ i always was. It looks good. Have to wait for an answer the next week.

My cats are helping me a lot, they are so nice at that time. One sleeps right to my head, the other one left to it. And thay purrrrrrrrrrrr...... It's so nice, I love them so much. It seems they really want to help me, sounds funny but i have the feeling.

Sigh.

JJ

The euphoria you feel is probably from getting deeper sleep last night after choosing not to drink
The first few days when I recently quit drinking were very "euphoric" in a sense. I had literally forgotten that every day is not supposed to be a hangover and feeling like shit. I had completely forgotten life is not supposed to be constant pain and feeling sick/toxic.

This is a good point

Woke up at 4.30 am this morning with this bizarre conviction. I don't what prompted it. Tried successfully to lay off booze last night. Admit I have had a few drinks now (it is 7.47 am).
Perhaps. But I feel like everything is basically okay.
Maybe I am going beserk but this is much better, so much better, than the depression and dread I have felt for so long...and it's not just about me.
Hard to put into words!
I think your subconscious is providing you a protective barrier from all the stresses you been going through. “If you get tired of crying, laugh.” Sure we will all be fine until we are not but by then it won’t matter but I do appreciate the post It gives me a positive outlook. Shit atleast America’s about to give more free money out

Sometimes I've had moments of clarity in the eye of the storm, usually it is fleeting if I dive right back in though.

Hopefully. Because of multiple reasons I feel that I get deeper and deeper in a depression ( my first, but already diagnosed by my Psych). Every fucking day it feels like there is some other idiot hit me with a hammer on my head. Today too. The working place is never there anymore for me - the responsible at this practice gave it to a good friend because "he knows him longer" - ok, understand, but I have been the first that applied, I had my two interviews and all seems to be fine. I was so superlucky, i called all my friends and family and the best: I informed 300 - 400 patients where they can find me from Oktober on. I'ts so mean...

I will not stop searching, of course not. But this practice - i always wanted to work there. Everything was fixed. HAHA! Fucking asshole...

Today i spoke to my insurance about giving me a psychological rehab for 3-6 weeks so that i can find back to the funny JJ i always was. It looks good. Have to wait for an answer the next week.

My cats are helping me a lot, they are so nice at that time. One sleeps right to my head, the other one left to it. And thay purrrrrrrrrrrr...... It's so nice, I love them so much. It seems they really want to help me, sounds funny but i have the feeling.

Sigh.

JJ
that sounds mega-shitty, getting a job promised and then retracted: I've been there...
hope things look up..
if friends and family are giving you quizzical looks, "what happened to your job?" etc, just shut them down with a COVID-related excuse, like "they're temporarily closed".

If friends and family are giving me quizzical looks, I will call them assholes as well.

JJ