Mental Health Everything too hard severe depression

Hezman94

Bluelighter
For years even before opiates had to push myself to do natural things like clean myself vlbrush my teeth have a s hower and when I had mold depression id fo without a bath for like two weeks maz. Then recently I realised ice not had a proper batg only cleaned all over body with a sponge and soapy hot water and my teeth are fucked as I sometimes go two weeks without brushing cos I'm glued in this depressed state going it to the shop is hard I went without food for a day cos of this
I need to have a proper batg but it's too much work to go out gas card in boiler
And then to hard to run the bath.
But not too hare to rant on here it's also too hard to concentrate on a movie or TV

Depression is an insidious, fucked up condition. I keep myself going by trying new meds and forcing (it's a physical ache, literally, to leave the house most days) myself to just do what needs to be done. The goal is to not give into the disease. Fight it. Go hard and do whatever it takes.. I am going through a point in my life where simple tasks like making a cup of coffee seem monumental. I haven't really left the house for a couple of weeks unless it was absolutely necessary (doctors appointments etc) and as hard as it is to get myself out of the door, admittedly I do feel better having at least accomplished something for that day.
Set yourself mini goals. Personal hygiene neglect is a common symptom of severe depression but for me I must bathe/ upkeep daily etc because I find showers or baths with essential oils revitalizing. I feel a nice hot shower an enormous mood booster.
Sometimes I don't get a whole heap done on a particular day, but that's ok. It's ok to give yourself permission to just rest.
Have you sought help for this? Tried meds?
A good rule of thumb (for me, anyway) is to be as gentle and forgiving on myself as I can be and try my best to live in the now. I also have GAD so many negative thoughts often consume me at once and on those days, I tend to sleep as much as possible to avoid feeling the bleaks.
Don't give up. You truly aren't alone.

I see you are a 94 baby .... Tomorrow go to the doctor and don't give up. Everything will become part of your routine. As my father says mental health is a mind set 🙄 ... My ex uses ketamine treatment ( he's a HUGE mental health advocate, so has opportunities to try every option) . I eliminate triggers....we all deal with it differently with what works but it's using your own willpower to make it happen NO ONE will help you or do this for you that's the first step in learning and being aware. I just wanted someone to hold my hand and get me through it NOPE doesn't happen!