• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ever think about having to face sudden death(covid)?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
A guy I knew in his sixties recently called me and said he was in hospital and they'd told him he wouldn't last the night (they were right). Has anyone thought about how they would feel if suddenly tomorrow you were facing imminent death? It's something I think about - hard to know how would I feel about all the regrets I have, saying goodbye to my beloved boxer/boston terriers, never being able to trip again, knowing that as Elvis said "Life ain't a dress rehearsal" and there's no coming back. George Harrison said in an interview when he was about a year from dyinig "If someone told me I was going to die in an hour - how would I feel? What would I miss? Well, I have a son so I'd like to stick around for him but apart from that I can't think of anything".

I used to worry about death, until I almost died at a few different times. Now it doesn't bother me, but obviously I want to continue to live until I do die.

i'd actually really prefer my parents to die suddenly than from a long illness. ideally together so one doesn't have to go on without the other, and in at least 20 years time when they'll be in their 90s.

when i was doing ridiculous speedballs i knew i was playing russian roulette each time and didn't care. then i got worse and made them more ridiculous cos i actively wanted to die.

now i feel sad about the idea of sudden death. there's so many cats i want to cuddle and places i want to see.

Probably the time when I genuinely thought my life was in peril was on new year's eve in 2000, when I when into central London and was in a 'Hillsborough' style crush.

I'm not too concerned about contracting Covid myself, but I am concerned about my parents. They're sceptical about Covid and are against having another lockdown

i'd actually really prefer my parents to die suddenly than from a long illness. ideally together so one doesn't have to go on without the other, and in at least 20 years time when they'll be in their 90s.

I think all the time about my parents dying and the unimaginable grief I'll feel. I have no other family apart from a sister. The shock of them dying suddenly might be too much for me. But I don't want them to suffer a long illness either. 😢

Has anyone thought about how they would feel if suddenly tomorrow you were facing imminent death

If it was imminent, your ability to process rational, cognitive thoughts such as these would likely be like nothing you can envision.

From my experience, there is a peace and acceptance, but from within, there is little to no cognitive function happening.

I think all the time about my parents dying and the unimaginable grief I'll feel. I have no other family apart from a sister. The shock of them dying suddenly might be too much for me. But I don't want them to suffer a long illness either. 😢

yeah i really don't think i could cope. like my dad still manages most of my finances after i fucked them up with my drug usage, they help me with everything. even though my mum annoys the hell out of me thinking about her dying brings me to tears. whenever they are even a few minutes late, which they are to everything, i get panicky thinking they've had an accident and died.

i do agree that the suddenness would be hard, i just don't want them to be in pain or suffer a drawn out dwindling through degenerative brain disease.

Death is an inevitable, and I’ve lost enough as well as tasted my own morality to know it’s nothing to fear.

I’d actually prefer a quick death.

The way you live life without any regrets when you or someone you love passes in such a fashion, is to tell those you care about how much you care about them as often as possible.

I’m grateful I learned that lesson early so when I’ve lost people or animals (my pets are more valuable to me than most people) in my life I am happy knowing I showed them all the love I could every chance I had.

So every time you see your family or friends, quickly give em a hug and tell them you love them. Even if it feels weird from their end, do it. You’ll be happy you did later.

-GC

What a thought.

I'm so so so comfortable with death, lost so many close to me, almost myself, physically and mentally.

When it's time to go, it is.

My dad abandoned us when I was pretty young, so I don't think I'll be that shaken up when he dies. It'd probably be months before I'd even find out it had happened.

I dunno how I'll cope when my mom dies though. I don't like thinking about it. :(

And if my brother died, I don't think I'd keep going. So he better fucking not (like me he tends to be somewhat self destructive so I'm assuming that if he died it'd be cause he did something retarded).

I try not to think about it at all.

Why must life change. Why must people die? :(
Fuck you God.

Have faith to live on. But it is the cruelest trick ever. I mean why should anything really matter.

note to self: see blog.

And, of course, last but not least.

And the purpose of creation ?

It can be quite mind expanding !