• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ever get high on coleus and hydrangea?

Coleus is a plant that doesn't get you high, but it is supposed to help with dream recall and making dreams more colorful. Hydrangea is mildly psychoactive, people seem to say like weak marijuana without the head high, but it also contains cyanide, or cyanogenic glycosides (I'm not fully clear on which), so it can be poisonous if you have too much. There are a variety of reports on Erowid that just got released, those are your best bet. People seem to be smoking 1 or 2 bowl's worth. I wouldn't bother with it though given the potential toxicity and weak effect. Also you'd have to dry the leaves first or they wouldn't smoke well.

If those flowers got you high, every gas station would be selling them right next to the fake CBD juice

Coleus is a plant that doesn't get you high, but it is supposed to help with dream recall and making dreams more colorful.

Are you sure you're not thinking of calea? I don't know much about coleus, but I've used calea and it does exactly what you describe (and it also alters my dreams in very specific ways, it's kind of cool and trippy.)

I feel like I've read about people trying to use coleus as a psychedelic before, but not really successfully. I can't say much else about it.

I know I've looked into hydrangea before too, but I stopped because I also read about it being poisonous.

Coleus is supposed to do it too.

But yeah the hydrangea leaves can get you a mild high, but like I said, they're also poisonous.

Interesting, maybe I'll have to look into it for that reason! It's been a while since I had a nice new dream enhancer.

And yeah, it doesn't sound too great to me.... I'd rather use something like blue lotus for nice, mild high.

I've got several beautiful coleus plants in my garden, I've been meaning to harvest some leaves before they die.