• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury)

not surprised.

i'm sorry for this guy and his wife. so many people think vaping is somehow risk free, when to me at least its obvious that putting any foreign susbtance in your lungs carries a risk.

my boyf switched from cigs to vapes and basically vaped non stop til he finally quit last year, so glad he did. i didn't use any nicotine replacements to quit smoking, just cut down quite gradually then jumped.

my boyf switched from cigs to vapes and basically vaped non stop til he finally quit last year, so glad he did. i didn't use any nicotine replacements to quit smoking, just cut down quite gradually then jumped.
I just so happened to wake up thinking about this, I switched from cigs to vape several years ago, I was satisfied it was safer for awhile but now I'm not so sure

I have an esophageal condition that I believe was caused by heavy vaping.
my friend, may I ask how much you vape, approximately and what type of device/juice? Are you a former smoker? How long have you been vaping?

@Negentropic

I pretty much stopped smoking and shifted to vaping about 5 years ago, but I was transitioning from smoke to vape for years leading up to that.

I vaped very heavily, only weed, from a volcano, for years. Because I believed the vape was safe, I would take massive hits (much bigger than I would with smoke) and hold it for ages.

@chinup

I think it's the heat/dryness of the vapor that fucked up my throat. We are not designed to inhale vapor or smoke.

I don't smoke or vape any more. I tried to transition to daily tincture use or daily edible use, but it's not the same. Eating weed is not anywhere near as addictive. I don't want to do it every day.