• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

euphoria from anticholinergics?

StaySedated

Bluelighter
The anticholinergic action of diphenhydramine can produce a characteristic euphoria similar to that seen with orphenadrine, a very close chemical relative, as well as dicylomine (dicycloverine), trihexyphenidyl, scopolamine &c.
-wikipedia/diphenhydramine

Doses of scopolamine by itself near the therapeutic range create euphoria and anxiolysis of anticholinergic origin, similar to that of some first-generation antihistamines and similar drugs.

Psychological dependence is also possible when the drug is taken for its tranquilizing effects.
-wikipedia/scopolamine

Benzydamine may be abused recreationally.[4] In oral dosages of 500 mg to 3000 mg it is a deliriant and CNS stimulant (a cough drop has 3 mg dose), popular in Poland, Brazil and Romania. In Brazil it is very popular and widely used for recreational purposes, particularly among teenagers and as a club drug.[5] A person in a benzydamine trip may experience (because of large dopamine release) a feeling of well-being, euphoria
-wikipedia/benzydamine

erowid lists euphoria as a postive in the "effects" section for datura

has anybody felt euphora from any anticholinergic?
is "true" euphoria possible from any of these drugs?

i have not, but i'm curious if anybody else has, and how from which anticholinergic?

-wikipedia/diphenhydramine

-wikipedia/scopolamine

-wikipedia/benzydamine

erowid lists euphoria as a postive in the "effects" section for datura

has anybody felt euphora from any anticholinergic?
is "true" euphoria possible from any of these drugs?

i have not, but i'm curious if anybody else has, and how from which anticholinergic?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!
This is very absurd. Euphoria is very rare with diphenhydramnine and first generation antihistamines. Benzydramine is a exeption because of the dopamine stimulation. If you do abuse these, there is a fine line between small floaty heavy feeling, and heavy bone tingling annoyance.

wow, must be bretty low on the 1 to 1O zuohoria scale

EUPHORIA CLASSES

" Heroin you did very good you scored 9

XCT good qood improvement their, lots of potential, 8

DXM hmm, a dirty job there, you gt a three

Oh and las but not least, diphenhydramine you score a 1, tut tut, havn't been revising?"

lol

Euphoria from Diphenhydramine usually occurs in experienced users. It's an acquired taste. The euphoria comes close to weed. I know this is hard to believe (even moderators don't take Diphenhydramine seriously here), but someone who's dosed low mg for a while will eventually have deliriant euphoria.

But I'd rather call it a pronounced pleasantness instead of euphoria. =/

If you would have used the damn search engine and stop wasting space, once again, you would realize that the Benadryl high is an acquired taste and enjoyed by very few.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, but if you think it is, then use the fucking search engine to double check the information and stop contributing to cyber traffic with your nonsense!

StaySedated said:
where would i find benzydramine in the u.s.?

use the fucking search engine!

StaySedated said:
also, euphoria is commonly reported with orphenadrine.

use the fucking search engine!

according to wikipedia, there are a couple antihistamines that are anxiolytic, the rest not being anxiolytic merely sedating

IME, before i read on bluelight how many brain cells die when you do this, i tripped on diphenhydramine a couple times. it felt euphoric to me

dysphoria is far more common, and long term use of antihistamines iirc can make depression more likely, and i know restlessness/agitation is a side effect

I personally have gotten amazing euphoria off both datura and diphenhydramine. No, it's not like the euphoria one might get off heroin or cocaine or MDMA. And it is rare. Mostly I feel more empty and blue and messed up, but every now and again I feel **really** good off them.
The reason I'm commenting on this thread that's been dead for years is because I just stated Dicycloverine (and Famotidine as well). The former being an anti-cholinergic mentioned in this thread already, the latter (Famoitidine) being an H2 antihistamine.
I'm enjoying them so far. A mild buzz.
I came here mostly to find out of others were abusing these drugs for fun.

Possibly the "euphoria" I'm feeling is because my medical conditions have gotten so bad that even a little bit of relief from them is being interpreted as euphoria?