Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Etizolam / Various Doses - Experienced - Devil in a Blue Pill

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
I started using Etizolam not knowing the full extent of the risks. I'd only used benzos for legit anxiety once or twice a year when I flew.

I quickly got in the habit of daily use that went on for a year. It was cheap and available, so why not? It helped me sleep after using stimulants and was kind of fun for a while. During that time however, I slowly started noticing a decline in my physical and mental health. My periods became EXTREMELY painful, I gained 15 lbs, was depressed all the time and even went to the ER for severe constipation/back pain. My bodily functions were grinding to a halt, but why?

After an ultrasound and CT scan, I was given a vague diagnosis and sent home from the ER with some lortabs and no real answers. Fast forward a few months and it was only getting worse. I went on birth control for two months and quit kratom to see if things would improve. No such luck.

Meanwhile, I was binging on etizolam and staying up for days; 5-15 mg at a time on the weekends. The mania was intense. I avoided sleep until I was having vivid open-eye hallucinations. (This was my first "real" bout with mania. Even when staying up for days on stimulants I've never hallucinated or felt so invincible--or so terrible afterward). 4-FA + etizolam is an intensely pleasurable - and insidious - combo.

When I finally realized that etizolam could be the culprit (that's a whole other story), I quit cold turkey after a large binge. Enter the 7th Circle of Hell. I've never felt closer to suicide. The hypochondria, anxiety and insomnia were terrible. I had to stare at my own arm for several minutes to realize it was a part of my body. My stomach was in knots; the cold chills were too much. My muscles jerked and convulsed wildly and my sleep was riddled with nightmares. Every morning was welcomed with a severe panic attack upon waking like I'd spent the night running from a knife-wielding psycho. "What if this feeling never goes away? Suicide is the only answer..."

The worst thing about etizolam dependence (and perhaps all benzos) is that they cloud your thinking so you don't realize WHY you feel so shitty. Then when you quit, you feel even shittier for a while. I believed with all my heart I had cancer or bipolar disorder when it was really just etizolam withdrawal.

Been off etizolam for two weeks now. I'm slowly starting to feel like my old self again--my bowels have resumed normal functioning for the first time in a YEAR and my moods are much lighter. Time will tell if the other symptoms go away or not.

For whatever reason, etizolam seems to have affected my hormones in a seriously negative way. It's more than just a mind-fuck or psychological addiction. This stuff is beyond dangerous when used irresponsibly. Perhaps there's a reason it's not prescribed in the U.S?

xanax would cause the exact same problem

had same problem as you- it does get better over time but you will never be able to dabble in benzo's again

oh well, at least you will have your brain back. your not the first and you wont be the last. nearly everyone who likes benzo's suffers from them in the end

yeah it will be shit for a while but you can definitely do it and things will improve. stay away from all other gaba drugs though like phenibut/booze/baclofen etc.

My wife bought 300 etizolam online last year to have on hand for sleep, etc. Benzos have never been my thing (I'm an Adderall kind of guy), so I was never tempted to have more than an occasional pill when I wanted to go into a deep, beautiful and fuzzy slumber. I took two at bedtime three nights in a row and on the morning after the third night, I woke up to what I thought was a punch to the head—confused, I asked my wife why she fucking hit me and she looked at me like I had gone nuts. When I was getting ready for work, the shower felt...bizarre...my body felt alien; I was a spectator 'witnessing' someone else's sensation of hot water running over skin.

I took a virtual step back before panic set in and realized this experience correlated with the little orange, unscored pills. Moving about on my commute, some Adderall and a cup of coffee cut through the weirdness. However, unbeknownst to me....my wife had been chowing down on the etizolam.

She ran out and plunged into severe benzo withdrawal—panic attacks, disassociation, hypersentivity to touch, insomnia. It was awful. It took about a month for her to feel something resembling normal. And, as a result, if she takes Xanax or any other benzo for more than a couple of days, the symptoms start to return.

I think the potency and short half-life make etizolam particularly evil.