• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam to diazepam dose equivalence

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
The charts I'm finding exclude etizolam since it is not as common and not authorized in the US. I did find a dea source saying 1 mg etiz ≈ 10 mg diazepam...but they aren't exactly a reliable source on drug info.

Subjectively, I find diazepam just really poor in terms of anxyolytic effect and sedation at 10 mg compared to 1 mg of etizolam. I'm using it for pelvic floor dysfunction (a muscle contraction/spasm issue) and I feel the diazepam isn't as good in this respect also. It does have a longer half life though which is nice if it worked well.

Has anyone a a dose conversion chart with the two drugs they've found or just your anecdotal observations are appreciated.

Thanks.

1:10 is about right.
That’s what we work with theoretically, although we could allow it a debatable margin.

I recently let an old friend, long long time Welsh Valium addict, try some 1 mg blotters Etizolam.

He loved them, preferred to Valium for better euphoria, but was insistent too, when I inquired for science, how 1 mg compared to 10 mg’s Diazepam. He seemed confident it was equivalent in effect.

But from that, it’s been a useful marker for me, the other RC benzos for example, I estimate the doses in relation to Etizolam, with Diazepam as that golden standard.

Last point sorry man- I CAN SEE! Had double vision spinning head for hours. Receded now. Nice.

What the equivalence charts often do not really account:

Acute dosing oftentimes has a different equivalence than chronic dosing.
With etizolam for example I have to take a dose ~4x/day. With diazepam it is more like ~ 2x/day. To stay out of withdrawal.
(Taking 10mg diazepam= 1mg etizolam (acute) in to the equation)

I find 1mg etizolam gives the same effect of 10mg diazapam.
For muscle relaxation i find clonzepam works best