• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Etizolam - Freedom?

Revan404

Greenlighter
For the past week I've been taking 2mg of Etizolam (Atizolam brand from Asia) per day. I take 1mg the moment I wake up and another 1mg about seven hours later when the first dose has worn off. By the time it's nighty night the effects have worn off completely. I do not take it for sleep but for functional use during the day. This stuff has had a profound and positive effect on me. I take it and the tightness in my chest is gone and I am able to get very important medium-term work done that is necessary for me to complete in order to move on in life. Nervousness, an uptight personality, and guilt over time-wasted has made it difficult for me to do what needs to be done. Finally moving forward instead of living in stagnation/shame/guilt (which has caused a downward spiral and led to inertia) has even allowed me to get back into my old hobbies such as reading among other things now that a lot of mental baggage is being lifted. This drug is helping me escape my own groundhog day loop. I plan to start tapering off slowly after a month's use as I am taking control of the steering wheel again. I do not want to take this drug long-term. have a few questions:

1. About 4 hours after the second dose I have what reminds me of SSRI withdrawal brain zaps only this is more like a tingle than a zap. It only lasts about 2-3 hours. Is this a cause for concern? Why would this even happen? I took SSRIs years and years ago, not recently at all.
2. I've noticed significant dream potentiation, even during hypnagogia when I'm about to fall asleep the dreamlike weird thoughts that signal sleep is near are more vivid and come on faster. Why is that? I take the final dose many hours before I sleep.
3. So far I've had no urge to up the dosage and won't be doing that, I know where that leads to. I'll probably taper in increments of 0.5mg per week. Anyone mind lending some advice on this?
4. Any advice/tips/inputs/questions in general?

I've never experienced the brain zaps on etizolam, but certainly on other drugs. I've never noticed any dream potentiation.

I've had "brain zaps" from downers before. IDK what it is... it most likely isn't any seizure activity since etizolam should stop that... I still don't know what the brain zaps are, but I've had them before too. I also have hypnagogic hallucinations, however I contribute this to massive psychedelic use (which is when it started). Benzos/alcohol stop them for me.

My advice is to treat it like a traditional benzo, because the withdrawals are nearly as bad.

I highly suggest you do not take it every day, you WILL develop tolerance and dependance.

IMO etizolam is like a traditional benzo with less, next to no euphoria. Great for anxiety though....

Just be careful man, shit is addictive. I've also been to jail because of a high dose etizolam binge.

Tolerance/dependence sneaks up on you! So be wary of that.

Also I would taper quicker than .5mg /week.... IMO rapid tapers are the best (but it really depends how much and how long you've been taking it).

Honestly man it sounds like you found the magic of benzos and you're stoked about it. Take it from me, benzos are amazing but they are HIGHLY addictive - for me just as if not more addictive than opiates like heroin (I have anxiety problems, so benzos and etizolam are a godsend and make me feel like a normal person.... but they will FUCK YOU in the end if you take them every day!!!!)

Last edited: