• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Etizolam for benzo taper?

Zzbottom

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know if etizolam can be safely used in lieu of benzos when attempting to stop using benzos?

You're better off using something a bit more longer lasting, but in an emergency it can defnitely be used as a substitute, for all intents and purposes it's just another short acting benzo.

Ok, thanks much.
My fear is that since it's not actually a benzo I could have seizures etc.

I don't think so, it has somewhat lower binding affinities compared to classical benzo's, but still at the same receptor sites. What benzo are you trying to stop btw? Switching to etizolam means dosing 3-4 times a day if you were on something longterm.

That's what I am afraid - not a benzo. I'll be tapering off valium and Ativan, but not yet :geek:

I know what you mean, but if that's how you feel then the chances of getting clean are slim.

Where are you? Can't you get a maintenance/taper script and just use that?

No, it's impossible to get benzos with my history.
I'm in eastern USA.

I don't really want to get "clean" because I've been using Benson for 45 years and it seems like my PASS never goes away anymore and I get so much anxiety I can't function well.

I just want to know if etizolam will help for times I have no real benzos.

Thank you for the replies!

i would go to a psychiatrist, don't tell them you are a polydrug abuser or anything. just say you take benzos and are dependent on them. Etizolam will help, chemically its not a benzo per se but has has the some shape as a benzo molecule and does pretty much the exact same thing, so you won't withdrawal if you switch to etiz.

Thanks lucid. I feel like my reputation proceeds me. It's like 1984. As Mick said; "these days it's all secrecy, and no privacy". (Fingerprint File)

By the way etiz doesn't seem nearly as pleasurable as benzos for me. I don't get the same body relaxation, that creamy mellow.