• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Etifoxine/Stresam?

bookina

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I was prescribed some Stresam during a stay in France and from what I can read online, it should work "kind of like benzos" but.... to be honest, I really don't feel anything when respecting prescribed dosages, mostly I just want it to work and help with my darn anxiety even if I would not mind some actual good feelings. So I am thinking about two options:

- upping the dose and see if it makes a difference? I read it can be bad for the liver, but hopefully not before much higher dosages?
- or trying to use it with Lorazepam, hoping it potentiates it so I can use very small doses, I just don't have much Lorazepam, from a prescription (thanks to the doctors who just recommend more therapy for anxiety and worry about addiction... so sure, I'm not addicted, I am just stuck with sickening anxiety X.X), which is why I'd prefer if the Stresam could work on its own, any idea if that would work?

I have tried reading the literature on the topic but... I'm not terribly good at understanding how drugs work, any advice/experience? I searched the boards but not with much success.

I've never heard of etifoxine before.

I looked it up just now. Its funny, the wikipedia article described it as being structurally distinct from benzodiazepines yet to me it looks very similar, with simply the diazapine ring being replaced with an oxazine ring.

My guess is that its effects are, like benzodiazepines, dose dependent, meaning taking more will do more.

I'd caution however the use of these types of drugs (including benzodiazepines) in the treatment of anything less than extremely severe anxiety, because they tend to stop working in the long run.

they tend to stop working in the long run.
Yeah, it's not an ideal solution, but if the choice is between no solution at all and a less than perfect solution... well, it is still slightly better, it means my life may fall apart, but slightly later :p

I’m curious about this substance too. Considering ordering some, actually.

Hey. I just got it prescribed as well, I will update about effects. I don't think that it is possible to order it since it requires prescription.

How did it go in the end ?
Hi there,

I was prescribed some Stresam during a stay in France and from what I can read online, it should work "kind of like benzos" but.... to be honest, I really don't feel anything when respecting prescribed dosages, mostly I just want it to work and help with my darn anxiety even if I would not mind some actual good feelings. So I am thinking about two options:

- upping the dose and see if it makes a difference? I read it can be bad for the liver, but hopefully not before much higher dosages?
- or trying to use it with Lorazepam, hoping it potentiates it so I can use very small doses, I just don't have much Lorazepam, from a prescription (thanks to the doctors who just recommend more therapy for anxiety and worry about addiction... so sure, I'm not addicted, I am just stuck with sickening anxiety X.X), which is why I'd prefer if the Stresam could work on its own, any idea if that would work?

I have tried reading the literature on the topic but... I'm not terribly good at understanding how drugs work, any advice/experience? I searched the boards but not with much success.

I suggest upping the dosage or combining it with lorazepam at a lower dosage, because it honestly doesn't do much at the suggested ones. I bought this ages ago, it really isn't comparable to xanax regarding anxiety as this article seems to imply:
An update on the anxiolytic and neuroprotective properties of etifoxine: from brain GABA modulation to a whole-body mode of action.

I just think they're pushing it so hard because the addiction potential and dependence really are negligible, no shit, if it's not doing much it's not going to be a problem cutting it either.

The most interesting quality is that of (peripheral) nerve regeneration. I have no idea if it's really effective in that aspect either, who knows.

I went through a box of it once. I never felt anything beyond placebo even when going to 4x the recommended dosage.

I went through a box of it once. I never felt anything beyond placebo even when going to 4x the recommended dosage.
Did you actually try it against anxiety as well? I was just wondering if it helped in that way, because I am looking for a good anxiolytic. If it would have any use recreationally, well, then it would be another story...

Hey there, in my experience.... it does not have much of an effect on me, neither as an anxiolytic nor recreationally, though... I keep it, in case of extra anxiety, I guess?

Yeahh, I have finished one package, almost no effects, maybe helps a bit with stress induced palpitations, but overall, not worth it.