Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ethylphenidate (200mg snorted/smoked - Inexperienced) - Decent

spaceroach

Bluelighter
My first comment here is this stuff blows MDPV out of the water. I ain't saying it's the wheel, but it's certainly enjoyable.

Physiological Data: 65kg male, early 30's, have tried and loved almost every drug I could get. *Some* experience with coke, crack and amphetamines. Smoker but relatively healthy.

Follows is the usual stream-of-consciousness madness that my reports generally devolve into:

1 pm

Got the ethylphenidate yesterday, did allergy test and all that crap; it's all good. The substance is hard, chunky, transparent and crystalline.

Not sure if it's the HcL or the freebase, but anecdotally the salt is smokeable, so I will try that ROA first. Measured out 4 piles of about 25mg each. I put about half a pile into my pipe.

I burn the (roughly 12mg of) substance, which tastes friggin' terrible, as it melts into a bubbling liquid then burns away. I hold in the smoke for a few seconds and let it out.

Is this crack? A pleasant cokey rush blankets my brain. I'll wait to see how this develops.

1:30

Physiological indications: mild increase in heart rate, possibly blood pressure. No discomfort.

The rush was milder than crack but lasted longer; there isn't that sudden disappointing dropoff but rather a gentle ramp downwards. At this point I feel like I've been doing some speedy coke. Pretty good, actually. I'd say about a [5]. Feeling an urge to redose (I say that a lot in my TR's don't I? hahaha). Gonna wait a bit more to see how this plays out.

1:45

About 25mg of the ethylphenidate is smoked. Whoosh! I am transported to a solid [7]. It tasted sort of good this time... I guess it's an acquired taste. All I feel like doing is chain smoking cigarettes and getting laid. The latter is not possible at this time, so off to the patio!

2:00

The rush has worn off. Time to try snorting this stuff. 30mg or so, up my trusty right nostril (my favorite). Almost immediately I can feel myself coming up. I'm back up to [8.5]. There is very little euphoria but the high is pleasant anyways. I find myself listless, sweaty (it's really hot in here but there's more to it than that I suspect).

5:00

Over the past 3 hours I've only done two redoses (20mg bumps), which is a testament to my self-control. It's not as compulsive as MDPV. I can feel myself gradually coasting down. I'm a bit fidgety, tremory, and compulsively exhaling sharply (I get a similar reflex from Llello).

I attempted a wank earlier and found it impossible. Erectile difficulty seems to be the counterpoint to all the good in this substance.

I'm going to let this stuff ramp down until I feel like eating now, as I've had nothing to eat today. That may explain the shakes.

6:30

I'm still buzzing from my last dose at 4:45, but I've coasted down far enough I could have a bite to eat. I just re-dosed (insufflated) about 15mg ten minutes ago. I've begun to feel a very solid "push" feeling in my chest; I'm still sweating profusely. I will have to remember to drink lots of water tonight even though coffee's the drink of the day (week, month, year, friggin' lifetime... I'm a coffee nut). Currently watching a movie (Hanna, you should see it, it's great). This will be my last redose as I have to work at 11 tonight.

Or then again... my job is pretty slack and there's no supervisor on night shift so maybe I'll get a little high at work. Heh heh heh.

When I've endured the comedown I will update this report. For now, this is Spaceroach, signing off...

Okay, I kinda forgot to post an update to this. The overall experience was pretty much at par with any stimulant binge: Feel great, talk a mile a minute, keep doing the shit till it's gone. Then, the comedown. All I can say is it's kind of rotten. I got jittery, tense, paranoid (a little), I was "twitchy and bitchy," as a friend put it. I felt kind of tweaked out for a day. It was bad enough some people would consider it a deal breaker.

Note that this substance is not to be confused with methylphenidate (ritalin). I can't comment on the exact pharmacological differences, but this has been on the RC market for a little while; though it is apparently hard to come by.

A word of caution.

I've recently gotten a bit too deep into this substance; I did too much and was reduced (temporarily) into a paranoid, anxiety-ridden wreck. Delusions and hellish moments of utter self-loathing drove me to vow to never do drugs again; I flushed my drug collection down the toilet. Since then, I still find myself wanting just a little more - part of my mind is trying to justify reasons to go back to it, that my promise to myself to stay clear of drugs was an over-reaction and that I will stay in control next time... though intellectually I know better. I may yet try other substances again, but under controlled circumstances, but for me this one was dancing a little too close to the fire.

Be well bluelighters!

Doesn´t sound that great really. I think stimulants with an ethyl instead of a methyl is supposed to be more noradrenergic than dopaminergic.......I`m not really sure though.
Anyway, good of you to write a trip as this has been a pretty rare RC so far, but we´ll most likely see it become more available in the future.

Doesn´t sound that great really. I think stimulants with an ethyl instead of a methyl is supposed to be more noradrenergic than dopaminergic.......I`m not really sure though.
Anyway, good of you to write a trip as this has been a pretty rare RC so far, but we´ll most likely see it become more available in the future.

Actually ethylphenidate has more binding towards dopamine receptors. its a bit of an odd one in comparison to what youd expect.

A word of caution.

I've recently gotten a bit too deep into this substance; I did too much and was reduced (temporarily) into a paranoid, anxiety-ridden wreck. Delusions and hellish moments of utter self-loathing drove me to vow to never do drugs again; I flushed my drug collection down the toilet. Since then, I still find myself wanting just a little more - part of my mind is trying to justify reasons to go back to it, that my promise to myself to stay clear of drugs was an over-reaction and that I will stay in control next time... though intellectually I know better. I may yet try other substances again, but under controlled circumstances, but for me this one was dancing a little too close to the fire.

Be well bluelighters!

This sounds exactly like my observations of ethylphenidate. (Kind of) Fun for a very short time (as in hour or so, maybe more) but then inevitable doses above (what would be considered standard therapeutic methylphenidate equivalent doses) leads to precisely the above - anxiety, paranoia, delusions and generally feeling slightly toxic in various ways to the body.

Also would definately agree there is a odd background psychological pull towards another repeat 'session' following a break when in fact you know full well if you honestly think about it that it wasn't actually that good. I guess this is to be expected when you mess with dopamine-reward pathways.

One final piece of advice for anyone writing Trip reports: Please consider writing them once the experience is over or at least include a commentary the day after etc. My prediction is a lot of trip reports are/will be written during the high (lets face it the increased focus, attention are perfect for such routine tasks as writing long paragraphs) which will ultimately HEAVILY bias any trip reports towards reporting good things, particurlarly on individuals first experiences.

Yes one to be careful with is my advice...this one will either take of in a big but bad way (I.e lots of health problems / people getting in trouble) or personally would not be surprised if this is a self limiting chemical and most people will not use that much / promote the compound due to bad/mediocre experiences.

This sounds exactly like my observations of ethylphenidate. (Kind of) Fun for a very short time (as in hour or so, maybe more) but then inevitable doses above (what would be considered standard therapeutic methylphenidate equivalent doses) leads to precisely the above - anxiety, paranoia, delusions and generally feeling slightly toxic in various ways to the body.

Also would definately agree there is a odd background psychological pull towards another repeat 'session' following a break when in fact you know full well if you honestly think about it that it wasn't actually that good. I guess this is to be expected when you mess with dopamine-reward pathways.

One final piece of advice for anyone writing Trip reports: Please consider writing them once the experience is over or at least include a commentary the day after etc. My prediction is a lot of trip reports are/will be written during the high (lets face it the increased focus, attention are perfect for such routine tasks as writing long paragraphs) which will ultimately HEAVILY bias any trip reports towards reporting good things, particurlarly on individuals first experiences.

Yes one to be careful with is my advice...this one will either take of in a big but bad way (I.e lots of health problems / people getting in trouble) or personally would not be surprised if this is a self limiting chemical and most people will not use that much / promote the compound due to bad/mediocre experiences.

on its own its better than pv but not near as good as coca tea high quality, but when combined with alcohol on a night out its very nice. with alcohol even small doses are satisfying and give a decent head-feels exciting. small comedown in the morning.

Actually ethylphenidate has more binding towards dopamine receptors. its a bit of an odd one in comparison to what youd expect.

EPH is definitely superior to ETH both for recreational value and safety of (ab)use, precisely because of higher affinity for dopamine receptors and far less peripheral side effects.

One suggestion to people complaining about paranoia and/or psychosis: lower the dosage. Small bumps work a lot better. Also I suggest always keeping downers handy. Benzos will work but chloral hydrate is most appropriate: more sedative, relatively long acting (6-10 hours, EPH will be gone by then). Can be lethal but only at 4x+ times therapeutic dose.

Note that this substance is not to be confused with methylphenidate (ritalin). I can't comment on the exact pharmacological differences, but this has been on the RC market for a little while; though it is apparently hard to come by.

Can't comment on the pharmacology either but extensive familiarity with both and available reports seem to indicate that despite the original assumption that since MPH and EPH shared extensive common chemistry then they should produce similar effects, this has turned out not to be the case. The effect profile of EPH are more sought after even by former MPH fiends and there is little indication that this would be related to legal status and/or availability. The latter was also considered a factor in the higher addictive potential of EPH but there again, caution should be exercised as to which point it actually matters. Higher dopaminergic activity of EPH is a much more likely suspect. In any case from personal experience I can state that the initial comparison of EPH with cocaine is not as far fetched as one would think: EPH effect and abuse potential is closer to coke than it is to MPH.

on its own its better than pv but not near as good as coca tea high quality, but when combined with alcohol on a night out its very nice. with alcohol even small doses are satisfying and give a decent head-feels exciting. small comedown in the morning.

I know there is an ongoing debate about this but I personally believe there is some level of systemic synergy occurring between alcohol and EPH when both are consumed together. It's as if the combo alters the effects of both substances: one doesn't get intoxicated drunk but still enjoys the most positive effects of alcohol, and EPH becomes more "social", sort of like MDMA but less freaky. Also EPH seem to greatly dull or even null hangovers.

i retract any comments i made before. this stuff is shite and toxic unpleasant side effects all over the shop

i retract any comments i made before. this stuff is shite and toxic unpleasant side effects all over the shop

Couldn't agree more. Enjoyed it once (With MDAI), aquired a large amount, realised it's pretty horrible side effect profile and now I won't even use it to stay awake at work. Jittery, vasoconstrictive, generally unpleasant.

Can anyone would a bit more expertise comment on how this could compare to a low-dose (non-psychdelic/dissociative) dose of MXE with benzos? Been looking to replace this combination for a long time. Preferably with a stimulant as harmless as possible.

Can anyone would a bit more expertise comment on how this could compare to a low-dose (non-psychdelic/dissociative) dose of MXE with benzos? Been looking to replace this combination for a long time. Preferably with a stimulant as harmless as possible.

You find mixing MXE and benzos stimulating?!

i've sust been told by a friend :Just bought for the first time, me and my partner first tried synthacaine but then moved to the Ethylphenidate. One small line line had a really good hit, i tried a go on the foil hit x'ed by 50 but euphoria only last 5 but brilliant feel !