• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Eszopiclon

MB1000

Greenlighter
Hey
I‘m not very experienced with Benzos yet, I took 3 Halcion (Triazolam) yesterday and had a benzo blackout and I liked it.
I took 3mg eszopiclon about 40minutes ago and I feel NOTHING.
Should I take another 3mg? I have never taken it and havent abused actively, so I dont think it can be tolerance.
Thanks for your help

I've been prescribed eszopiclone. It is not a benzo, it's an atypical z-drug.

It's different, it doesn't give you that punch that others do. It does not feel like a benzo no matter how much you take.

I've taken 9-12mg and it does make you tired, but there is no palpable benzo effect there. It's not abusable.

by comparison to zolpidem or zopiclone, it is much less potent

It's different, it doesn't give you that punch that others do. It does not feel like a benzo no matter how much you take.

I've taken 9-12mg and it does make you tired, but there is no palpable benzo effect there. It's not abusable.

So should I take a another 3mg even though its not the same as other benzos?

"It's not abuseable" really sounds to me like you should give up on trying to get high from this particular drug altogether.

In my experience (tons with zolpidem/zaleplon, just a bit with eszopiclone) taking more now wouldn't make you feel any better anyway. You would need to wait for it to get out of your system and then take a higher dose, all at once. Never felt any increase in pleasant feelings from taking even huge amounts more of them that soon after an initial dose. The initial dose is the only one that matters in terms of non-sleepy feelings. And this one is both longer acting (you'll have to wait longer to get it out of your system) and less intense than the rest.

Last edited:
You shouldn't abuse any benzo. If you have anxiety issues and feel that you need something that the doctor won't give you to help you with those issues, you could possibly try diazepam. It is one of the best known and most popular benzos and is effective in treating anxiety. "Abusing" it is a bad idea as it is highly addictive and can lead to seriously horrible, life threatening withdrawal symptoms. If you feel as if you really have to use it, stick to low doses and do not use daily for more than a week at the most. Otherwise you are putting yourself in serious danger potentially. You won't get "high" from it - you might feel nice and relaxed if you do suffer from anxiety issues but the idea of benzos being "fun" drugs to "get high" on is bullshit. They work on the GABA receptors in your brain and depress the central nervous system, meaning that the pleasant effects are pretty much just the drug calming you down.

Your doctor most likely will not give it to you. It used to be prescribed commonly for anxiety disorders but due to its highly addictive nature and the horrible withdrawal symptoms, it is now rarely prescribed. In some cases it is prescribed for alcohol and withdrawals but they now tend to use librium instead, where I live anywah, which has no recreational value.

Please be careful. Benzos aren't something to fuck with.

Last edited:
It's an absolutely shit as a drug to abuse. It works like a benzo (as others have said), but it works really quickly and doesn't last for long. So use it only what it's meant for: as a sleeping aid.

But be aware, it is habit forming even for that, so it's only good (in my experience) for a week or so, doing it further than that only gets you the negatives. Rebound insomnia, worse anxiety etc., all the fun times of benzo dependence.

If you absolutely, positively want total oblivion, try high dose ketamine or something, but not benzos (or z-drugs).

But be aware, it is habit forming even for that, so it's only good (in my experience) for a week or so, doing it further than that only gets you the negatives. Rebound insomnia, worse anxiety etc., all the fun times of benzo dependence.
I took it for 9 months and never felt any sort of withdrawal or rebound. I wouldn't be surprised if it could give someone rebound though,

eszopiclone is sort of like hydroxyzine in my experience

I'm not sure which benzo would be most enjoyable for the average person. Haven't had a ton of different ones, and I know I diverge with other people who enjoy benzos hardcore in that I hate everything about xanax. It sounds like you already found one you enjoy, though. You could just stick with that? Please take benzo addiction and withdrawal seriously, though. That shit is NOT a joke, and it is NOT something you ever want to have experience with. Even the blackouts you're talking about aren't necessarily always going to be pleasant or harmless experiences. People can sometimes get some serious dysphoric feelings on super high doses, or act crazy (aggressive, or insanely reckless like driving when you barely even know you are).

If you do still want to try other benzos for recreation despite all that (and despite finding one you enjoyed) just make sure that the things you try are actually benzos. Eszopiclone, as already said, isn't a benzo at all. It's actually in a family of drugs called nonbenzodiazepines. And if that's a group of drugs you want to play with, find yourself some zolpidem or zaleplon and make sure you've got an empty stomach.

I'm not sure which benzo would be most enjoyable for the average person. Haven't had a ton of different ones, and I know I diverge with other people who enjoy benzos hardcore in that I hate everything about xanax. It sounds like you already found one you enjoy, though. You could just stick with that? Please take benzo addiction and withdrawal seriously, though. That shit is NOT a joke, and it is NOT something you ever want to have experience with. Even the blackouts you're talking about aren't necessarily always going to be pleasant or harmless experiences. People can sometimes get some serious dysphoric feelings on super high doses, or act crazy (aggressive, or insanely reckless like driving when you barely even know you are).

If you do still want to try other benzos for recreation despite all that (and despite finding one you enjoyed) just make sure that the things you try are actually benzos. Eszopiclone, as already said, isn't a benzo at all. It's actually in a family of drugs called nonbenzodiazepines. And if that's a group of drugs you want to play with, find yourself some zolpidem or zaleplon and make sure you've got an empty stomach.
I don't want to enable a discussion started by someone who was trying to get high from Z drugs and then asked "how to abuse benzos" but I think that xanax (alprazolam) is probably broadly seen as the most "enjoyable" or recreational. I put this down to its potency and it's fast action which can loosen a person's inhibitions and make them more sociable and it is or was mentioned a lot in pop culture, along with "lean" (codeine and promethazine syrup added to grape soda, 7up or other drinks and jolly ranchers. It does sound nice and isn't something we really get in the UK due to that syrup not being available really and we don't have jolly ranchers. Maybe it would work with skittles).

You'd hear rappers talk about drinking lean, smoking a blunt, popping a couple of xanax bars and having a drink with it. This is of course a highly dangerous combo but I think that xanax became big as part of this subculture, like ecstasy did with rave culture. But it has caused many problems of course.

I would say that I have enjoyed alprazolam - benzos are used as a street drug here generally and diazepam has always been a favourite (it used to be temazepam) and it is synonymous with street users who aren't buying diazepam, they are buying any number of chemicals - sometimes benzos and sometimes not - and are using them to get through the shittiness of life and to just feel different/perhaps feel nothing. But I really have used benzos as a way of self-medicating and I have enjoyed them due to them helping with anxiety but the addiction to them is a pain in the ass due to trying to source them.

Anyway, alprazolam has been enjoyable because it works quickly, helps people to be sociable and not too sedating. Due to its short half life it is highly addictive because of the compulsive re-dosing that can occur. It is popular and I can see why,especially used in the cocktails I mentioned before. Alprazolam will potentiate the codeine in "lean" and will go nicely with a blunt. Adding booze is entering blackout territory but that's what some people want.

In sum: xanax (alprazolam) is probably widely considered the most popular and "recreational" benzo and is quite notable in pop culture. Xanax bars in the UK rarely contain alprazolam, if ever, but you can get real, branded alprazolam online which I've never seen come on bar form. I remember having a guy who had different coloured bars and I had a blast with them, back when I partied and when I was single and being promiscuous. No idea what was in them as this was a good 7 years ago - they would likely contain bromazolam at the moment which seems to be the most common in all street benzos, the most common street benzos being "street valium". In the states, most xanax bars now contain fentanyl or so I've read, as with just about any pill purchased on the street.

So I'd say that alprazolam would be the most "fun" of them but also the most dangerous and from a harm reduction point of view, I wouldn't recommend that anyone get into using it. As someone with a benzo habit, even I get loopy with them - they are quite peculiar compared to other benzos but they are all different. It is the quick onset, lack of sedation, increased sociability and what it is likely to be mixed with that makes it popular I suppose.

Last edited:
I took it for 9 months and never felt any sort of withdrawal or rebound. I wouldn't be surprised if it could give someone rebound though,

eszopiclone is sort of like hydroxyzine in my experience

Yeah, fair. I've taken them prescribed, and to me the actual effect starts to diminish after a week, then slowly vanish around 2mo mark.

As I know myself all too well, this has the nasty tendency to want to bump the dosage or augment it otherwise. And yes, I did get rebound effects, namely insomnia, but by then I'd switched to another sleepytime medicine.

But again, to the OP, please don't abuse benzos, you will not get anything good out of them. Use as directed, if at all, please.

I've known some pretty hardcore benzoheads and it's pretty sad and bad seeing someone in the middle of a binge. Not fun for anybody involved.

3KcJET.png

I do think diazepam gives some euphoria beyond the "here's some relaxation and we zapped your anxiety" relief feeling that any benzo will give you. Not sure if that's how everyone feels about it, though, especially since Xanax is weird for me. Basically any other med that makes me act more social will also take my thoughts into that zone, so everything feels right. Xanax somehow does not bring my thoughts to that place, so it's like I'm sitting there in my brain kind of being offended at the social butterfly act my body is automatically playing out, while also being unable to change the way I'm acting. It's actually kind of disgusting, though I've never heard of even a single other person feeling that way on it.

I do think diazepam gives some euphoria beyond the "here's some relaxation and we zapped your anxiety" relief feeling that any benzo will give you. Not sure if that's how everyone feels about it, though, especially since Xanax is weird for me. Basically any other med that makes me act more social will also take my thoughts into that zone, so everything feels right. Xanax somehow does not bring my thoughts to that place, so it's like I'm sitting there in my brain kind of being offended at the social butterfly act my body is automatically playing out, while also being unable to change the way I'm acting. It's actually kind of disgusting, though I've never heard of even a single other person feeling that way on it.
I kinda get what you mean. It is an unusual benzo. I don't have a problem with the way it makes you sociable as you describe (like how I hate feeling like I've been "manipulated" almost by MDMA into being this huggy bear, soft idiot basically if that makes sense cos it's not who I am. But alprazolam I put down to it's quick onset - I think it's like having a shot of whisky rather than a beer: it hits you much quicker and is strong so makes you quite sociable and relaxed quite quickly, whilst other benzos take longer. But as with whisky, you can go way too far too quickly and easily without realising it.

It is a weird and unique benzo I find. There is something about it that makes it stand out and I reckon it's the kind of instant gratification and lack of sedation. Diazepam can be similar and especially sublingually but it is more sedating so you're less energetic whereas xanax does seem almost "energy inducing", I dunno. Not speedy but something like that. Maybe someone can explain it properly.

I thought it was just the active isomer of zopiclone and thus should be just as abusable i guess? I actually quite enjoy zopiclone but we just get the regular zopiclone here in Canada not the lunesta stuff. I usually take about 5 7.5mg zopiclone if i wanna get fucked up. Sometimes ill take more but 5 or over is a blackout anyway in my experience.

I actually prefer it over some benzos as it definetely fucks you up more then most benzos. But the really shitty thing about zopiclone is that if you abuse it it realy only works for about 3 days for that then you need to take a break

Whats the best benzo for abusing then?
None, the ratio abuse and consequences is disproportional. A dull high with the risk of sudden death with abrupt stopping.

But for an occassionan Temazepam, imo is most recreative although, a high dose Diazepam (in DETOX) 80 mg showed is about the same but last at leatst 9 dayś . A bit to long for my liking.

I thought it was just the active isomer of zopiclone and thus should be just as abusable i guess? I actually quite enjoy zopiclone but we just get the regular zopiclone here in Canada not the lunesta stuff. I usually take about 5 7.5mg zopiclone if i wanna get fucked up. Sometimes ill take more but 5 or over is a blackout anyway in my experience.

I actually prefer it over some benzos as it definetely fucks you up more then most benzos. But the really shitty thing about zopiclone is that if you abuse it it realy only works for about 3 days for that then you need to take a break

I was on the max dose 3mg pills. Eszopiclone doesn't hit a specific GABAa subunit, which is why they market it as "less abusable and less dependence forming" than the other zdrugs or zopiclone itself. But this is also the reason why it sucks.

I definitely tried to get fucked up on it, but couldn't. I'd take 3-4 pills with alcohol and would barely even feel tired. It also fails pretty hard to bring you down from stims like adderall.

I was on the max dose 3mg pills. Eszopiclone doesn't hit a specific GABAa subunit, which is why they market it as "less abusable and less dependence forming" than the other zdrugs or zopiclone itself. But this is also the reason why it sucks.

I definitely tried to get fucked up on it, but couldn't. I'd take 3-4 pills with alcohol and would barely even feel tired. It also fails pretty hard to bring you down from stims like adderall.

Weird i thought it was the same as zopiclone. Taking zopiclone with alcohol more times then not results in a complete blackout. I managed to have 2 7.5mg pills after having 8 beers and didnt blackout but thats it.

Ive never used it for stim comedowns but for opiate wd i would have to say its pretty effective and more effective then some benzos especially for sleep.

Whats the best benzo for abusing then?
I am a long lasting benzo guy and diazepam is my favourite, but tbh Rohypnol was the only benzo that was indeed something else. I never found it "funny", as in something that you would enjoy on its own if you were a dude experimenting with drugs, but if you were an addict, then Rohypnol was your best friend for sure. Really strong stuff; I think some places may still use it, but it has been discontinued in many countries decades ago.
But as Pharaoh said, if you absolutely need to abuse a drug, then make yourself a big favour and choose another kind of substances and forget about abusing benzos, you aren't ready to pay the potential tool resulting from a benzo addiction. Nobody is, actually