• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Espranor

Gcalder

Greenlighter
Started 8mg espranor on Tuesday after a long battle with high doses tramadol etc, Tuesday Wednesday was put to 16mg but it made me feel so sick and zombie like. Asked to be put down to 8mg over the wkend. Still headache and sickness and feeling poor. Any advice ? I'm starting work back on Monday so was hoping to be in a kinda stable situation but struggling with espranor a little I don't feel all that good on it. I'm not looking to get high but just feeling normal and able to do things. Or is it because I'm not used to the buprenorphine yet ?

16 was way too much, which caused the sickness. 8mg may also be too much.

It has a very long half life which may cause lingering sickness for awhile until blood levels come back down.

You may not even need 8mg, I would advise taking the smallest dose possible just so you feel normal-- that's the goal, and it's more difficult to get off bupe than tramadol.

Try 4mg or even less, and assess how you feel. You can always go back up if you feel uncomfortable at a lower dose.

Yeah 16mg was too much, I tried splitting the wafer today and taking 2mg but I must admit I felt uncomfortable for some reason. Tomorrow I think I will try 4mg then 4mg later in the day and hopefully that can solve my problems. I need to be back at work so fingers crossed