European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Esketamine?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Came to my attention a few mins ago, been speaking to two people I know well online, one is in Canada & she's just finished her first K session to combat depression as she has been using Dilaudid for ages but she is fed up of it & her doctor suggested to try Ketamine. The 2nd person lives in a country that's part of the EEA & went to a private doctor, she's got 9 more sessions to go but she is paying £150 per session which is totally ridiculous, yeah it's liquid K on a drip etc but at that cost I'd prefer to buy a gram off the web & treat myself.

Anyway I was looking for it on the NHS & that Stuff came up, anyone tried it etc etc?...............

Basically ketamine has two optical isomers - Rectus and Sinister (R & S). This means that the molecule can be arranged in two ways that are a mirror image of each other. These can be identified by passing polarised light through a solution of the substance. Rectus bends light to the right (clockwise), whereas Sinister bends light to the left (anticlockwise). This is very similar to the D & L isomers widely known in amphetamines and many other drugs. (D = dextrorationary - r/h, L = laevorotationary - l/h).

I'm not a chemist, so I don't know exactly why some isomers are referred to as R & S and others as D & L but there is a difference. Just to complicate matters further, some substances can have multiple isomers ( an isomer is a molecule that has the same chemical formula but a different arrangement of atoms).

Nature tends to favour right handed molecules. So in the case of amphetamines, the D isomer is more potent upon the CNS (dextroamphetamine), whereas the L isomer has more PNS effects.

I'm not familiar enough with ketamine isomers, but I believe it is very similar. The R isomer tends to produce the most psychedelic effects, which is why the S isomer (esketamine) is preferred therapeutically.

However, racemic ketamine (an equal mix of R & S isomers) seems to be favoured among users. This causes confusion because people assume racemic ketamine is the R isomer because they both begin with R. This isn't the case.

Last edited:
Isn't it the other way around? S-Isomer is the pyschedelic one (strong) and R (or Racemic) is much weaker - it gets you wasted but you never go deep into the K-hole.... just the kind of edgy start of it

Last edited:
Nature tends to favour right handed molecules. So in the case of amphetamines, the D isomer is more potent upon the CNS (dextroamphetamine), whereas the L isomer has more PNS effects.
Opioids tend to be L isomers and NMDA antagonists R isomers, sometimes of the same substance (Levorphanol/DXM, Methadone, etc) :) curious whether L-dopa is actually a L isomer or just a stupid name.

Yeah, good question about K. S isomer is stronger but maybe colder. Some say R is inactive while others that it's the more psychedelic. I certainly had some (rare) very nice K which was more psychedelic than dissociative and had a very happy vibe to it, and strong but cold clinical K (abundant) and extrapolating from the RC derivates like 2F-K the racemates seem to be in-between. But even they differ greatly between batches, I had O-PCM which was so psychedelic that I was dancing a whole night on it, including some OEVs, and other which put you straight into near hole territory.

Isn't it the other way around? S-Isomer is the pyschedelic one (strong) and R (or Racemic) is much weaker - it gets you wasted but you never go deep into the K-hole.... just the kind of edgy start of it
thats what ive always known it to be too

The s-ketamine product intended for the treatment of depression, Spravato, is ridiculously expensive. The 28 mg dose costs like 200-300 euros.