• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Esketamine for TR depression

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi i suffer from chronic depression since the age of 12 . I have used alot of antidepressants without any beneficial effects and it even harmed me significantly (paxil) i am interested in the use of other meds for depression . I have used ghb for depression (not advisable addiction) kratom and suboxone . Opioide based medication/drugs seems to rlly help . But i know this is very well known and isn't most of the times an option to treat depression in the long run because of addiction . Now i am interested in esketamine , it seems a nasal spray is fda approved . The only thing what bugs me is that it has strictly to be used in a "medical setting" while they regulate blood pressure . I rlly don't understand why this is so strictly regulated ? I mean i can get stimulants prescribed with ease . Also why can strong opiode based medication like oxy be used at home while esketamine in nasal spray not ? What is the purpose of this ? Is it because its a dissociative? I know ketamine is extremely safe even in overdosis (you can't die from od) so why can this only be used in medical setting? . Also the bp increase seems very minimal compared to stimulants. Any people here used ketamine for depression with succes ? Anhedonia is my worst symptom which ssri's only worsen . Any advice is appreciated . Also i would like to say i have done ketamine recreational and i rlly don't see myself ever getting addicted to that . Ketamine high feels weird and cold and there is zero Euphoria or good feelings associated .

Thanks for reading and Greetings !

Ket is indeed a very safe substance, even in anesthetic dosages (which I accidentally reached more then once) and it makes no sense to require clinical vital sign monitoring but I know they do, was the same in Switzerland, dosing only in the clinic. I think it is to prevent abuse. I am an example for how addictive dissociatives can become, for me low dosages feel very much like a detached opioid and in the good old times when I was doing low recreational dosages of DXM I should get a 2-3 day long nice, serotonergic antidepressant afterglow. Never got this from ketamine and its quite possible that the mechanisms are different.

I, too, was on traditional antidepressants for years, have been dependent on venlafaxine just to recently, when I finally quit it by switching to fluoxetine and then tapering that, realize that I feel better or less bad without it.

Last edited:
Ket is indeed a very safe substance, even in anesthetic dosages (which I accidentally reached more then once) and it makes no sense to require clinical vital sign monitoring but I know they do, was the same in Switzerland, dosing only in the clinic. I think it is to prevent abuse. I am an example for how addictive dissociatives can become, for me low dosages feel very much like a detached opioid and in the good old times when I was doing low recreational dosages of DXM I should get a 2-3 day long nice, serotonergic antidepressant afterglow. Never got this from ketamine and its quite possible that the mechanisms are different.

I, too, was on traditional antidepressants for years, have been dependent on venlafaxine just to recently, when I finally quit it by switching to fluoxetine and then tapering that, realize that I feel better or less bad without it.
So would you advice trying esketamine ? And would dxm be worth the lasting days of anti depressive effect ? I never rlly felt like my depression stems from serontonin . I mean sometimes i do mdma and after draining my serontonin i ain't feel depressed nor the next days . But i only use 1 or 2 times a year and i don't know if this is a valid indicator . Any more stuff that would help depression ? Anything is appreciated and i like obscure stuff (i don't care )

Hey guys,

seeing as this is not a question regarding Harm Reduction per se, I'd like to relocate it to its appropriate sub-forum.

Hey guys,

seeing as this is not a question regarding Harm Reduction per se, I'd like to relocate it to its appropriate sub-forum.
But my post wasn't ment for harm reduction nor its in the harm reduction sub ? Did i do something wrong ? I apologise if so .

But my post wasn't ment for harm reduction nor its in the harm reduction sub ? Did i do something wrong ? I apologise if so .

@Kizaru :)

No, you've absolutely done nothing wrong. We ask people to familiarize themselves with these things as best they can to help us stay organized, but it's by no means your responsibility to do so. You can put any content anywhere you want really and it's our jobs as moderators to try to send them where they need to go.

I thought it was suited for health and recovery, but my colleague thought it would be better suited for Other Drugs and I can see the merit to both. People come to us typically as drug users, often struggling with mental health issues either as the cause or catalyst for their substance abuse. So, it's not crazy for someone to want to ask people they know in the HR forums about these things. I don't doubt you would get a lot of good information in BDD, but I thought it would be more appropriate for health and recovery, as I was approaching it from the perspective of a drug user trying to get better or find a way out of their current situation. That's an assumption and we all know how those are.

I hope you get the answers you need here in OD!

@Kizaru :)

No, you've absolutely done nothing wrong. We ask people to familiarize themselves with these things as best they can to help us stay organized, but it's by no means your responsibility to do so. You can put any content anywhere you want really and it's our jobs as moderators to try to send them where they need to go.

I thought it was suited for health and recovery, but my colleague thought it would be better suited for Other Drugs and I can see the merit to both. People come to us typically as drug users, often struggling with mental health issues either as the cause or catalyst for their substance abuse. So, it's not crazy for someone to want to ask people they know in the HR forums about these things. I don't doubt you would get a lot of good information in BDD, but I thought it would be more appropriate for health and recovery, as I was approaching it from the perspective of a drug user trying to get better or find a way out of their current situation. That's an assumption and we all know how those are.

I hope you get the answers you need here in OD!
Hi thanks for the heads up , i appreciate it 👍