Ephedrine sporadic use. What are the risks?

plainwater

Greenlighter
Hi guys!

I bought some ephedrine hcl, 8mg tabs. This year I got involved in weightlifting and I was interested in a stimulant pre-workout.
I took 16 mg of ephedrine yesterday in the morning to test it and the effect has been incredible. Uplifted mood for all the morning, burst of energy, and a lot of new ideas for projects to work on.
I took 16 mg today before working out and it was great.

However, the deal seems too nice to be true. Therefore, I will lower the dosage to 12 mg.

So what could be the sides effect of taking 12 mg of ephedrine in the morning 4 days at week, one week on and the other off?

I am in overall good health, my blood pressure is in the lower end of the normal range. Perfect blood analysis and no physical illness.
But, sometimes I am a bit depressed, nothing major.

While I can't speak for everyone, I was on 25mg ephedrine sulfate twice a day for asthma for a while and noticed no ill-effects. Compared to other stimulants it is fairly weak on its own. The most popular use is in conjunction with caffeine which has a synergistic effect. This of course not medical advice, but you should be just fine. It even says on my Bronkaid box that it recommends not exceeding 25mg three times daily. If you've tried these low doses and haven't had any negative reactions, just be safe and note how you feel. I'd wager, you'll be just fine. My old pre-workout had 25mg ephedrine, 300mg caffeine and 35mg methylhexanamine (DMAA). Sure, it got me wired, but I never felt heart palpitations or negative side effects. Happy experimentation.

So what could be the sides effect of taking 12 mg of ephedrine in the morning 4 days at week, one week on and the other off?

In short, not a lot, assuming your health and heart really are fine. You may find some tolerance building even with that usage regimen though, so you'll probably be itching to raise your dose over time. So try not to rely on it too much. You may find some herbal things like Yerba Mate work as a reliable substitute for a change.

Many thanks to both.

You may find some herbal things like Yerba Mate work as a reliable substitute for a change.

Do you think it would be wise to alternate stimulants or it is better to take a weeks of once in a while?

Many thanks to both.

Do you think it would be wise to alternate stimulants or it is better to take a weeks of once in a while?

Maybe save stimulants (if you have to use them) for heavy leg or back day, otherwise your body will quickly adapt.. plus the appetite suppressant effect isn't too good on skeletal muscle hypertrophy..

Lol first I read this as epinephrine use what are the risks. I pictured you shooting up epipens preworkout! I wouldnt expect any miracles. I take amphetamine which is alot stronger and am weak small and soft.

Maybe save stimulants (if you have to use them) for heavy leg or back day, otherwise your body will quickly adapt.. plus the appetite suppressant effect isn't too good on skeletal muscle hypertrophy..

You are right my friend. In a bit less then 3 week I lost almost 1 kg of weight. I noticed a difference in workout volume, it went up, and
a reduction of workout time.
I think I will stop taking ephedrine, and I will save it to once in a while use or for particularly heavy sessions.

LOL! I have fear of needle so no shoot of anything for me.

Last edited by a moderator: