• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ephedra gerardiana extract DOSE help me

demonekk

Greenlighter
Hi, I have a question I ordered a product from <snip> ORGANIC <snip> 20: 1 Extract Powder (Ephedra Gerardiana) Ephedrine-Curing Cough, how much should be the dose for the stimulating effect? i have 1g in water and no effect
Should I get it hot with water?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi demonekk and Welcome to BL :)

I snipped the brand name and source as per our rules.

So an issue with Ephedra is the different phytocomposition between species that make up the alkaloid content. Another issue is the lack of standardized practices when preparing extracts and the starting material used for said extract.

For example the species E. Sinica can vary wildly with it's active alkaloid makeup:

Another study determined that the total alkaloid content of ephedra sinica averages between 0.42 and 49 mg.

The extracts below weren't exclusively E. Sinica so this appears to be an issue across species:
Nine commercially available supplements exhibited considerable variability in alkaloid content (EPH range: 1.08-13.54 mg). Only three products listed EPH content on the label while one exhibited lot to lot variations in EPH of 137%.

With that being said it's impossible to gauge a "Safe" dose of something not standardized or regulated. On a second note, we really can't advise on how to use it for the stimulating effect as that would be akin to 'how to get high with it'.

I'd recommend slowly titrating the dose upwards and not exceeding the recommended dose on the container which is one 500mg tablet, 2x day. Even then use caution. Good Luck and Stay Safe d.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4594322/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10189265

Ephedra Gerardina help me

Hello, I have a question about <snip>ORGANIC-Somlata-20-1-Extract-Powder-Ephedra-Gerardiana-Ephedrine-Curing-Cough<snip> , how do I apply it? boil it for 10 minutes or just float with hot water and another question I have how much I have to give it to get a feeling of high

Otherwise, I apologize for the previous question that I am asking now again.

Last edited by a moderator: