• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Enough is enough!

AceOfHearts88

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'll start by saying I'm new to posting but have been reading and lurking for years...so I apologize if I make any posting or guideline errors. I will learn as I go.

I have been on H now for 6 or 7 months, and I use .25g per day via IV. I want to quit before this evil drug costs me everything. My use is generally consistent...but some days (though not many) I may use less or more. I'm 28, in good shape (6ft 160lbs) and very determined...I don't want to be on subs or methadone but I do have gabapentin for the RLS along w Mirapex. I know the gaba will help but I've heard good and bad about mirapex for opiate related RLS. How long and severe do you guys think my WD will be considering my duration of use, physical attributes, and dosage? I'm going to do my last hit before bed and I will be updating here how I feel and generally just passing the time talking with others who are also in WD or have done it before. Feels good to know I'm not alone and that there is a place like this to turn to. Thanks in advance,

Ace

It will easily be a couple weeks, but most likely the worst will be the first few days. After those couple weeks you'll probably have some post acute withdrawal symptoms.

There are tons of resources already online by just inputting the proper search. You will be very sick the first few days. Most of the acute symptoms wear off after 5-10 days. I will say, I have kicked various prescription opiates over the years, but H kicked my ass real good.
I know you are against it, but if you have insurance, or access to a clinic... suboxone got me through it. You don't have to stay on it.. most success stories I have read online were quick tapers... 10-12 days on suboxone.

Honestly I have read the best results come from either taking one 8 mg dose or one 8 mg and then drop to 1 and then ween further. You must not set off precipitated withdrawal or it will be much worse