• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

endorphins

<pyridinyl_30>

Bluelighter
I know endorphins are polypeptides (somewhat long chains composed of subunits of 20 different amino acid residues all linked to one another with peptide/amide bonds) that reduce the sensation of pain by acting on the same type of receptors that opiates do, even though the structure of opiates is nothing like the structure of endorphins, they still stimulate the anti-pain receptors somehow.

Insulin, which regulates blood sugar levels, is another endogenous polypeptide. I know that since stomach acid breaks polypeptides down, then things like insulin have to be IV'ed. I also know that from a synthetic chemistry perspective, synthesizing a regular sized polypeptide is a huge undertaking since hundreds of amino acid residues are involved.

So my question is this: if they can somehow come up with injectable insulin to control blood sugar levels and you can IV it and it will work just like your body actually synthesized it itself, are there any injectable endorphins that you can IV and, presumably, experience a morphine like high from?

<pyridinyl_30> said:
I know endorphins are polypeptides (somewhat long chains composed of subunits of 20 different amino acid residues all linked to one another with peptide/amide bonds) that reduce the sensation of pain by acting on the same type of receptors that opiates do, even though the structure of opiates is nothing like the structure of endorphins, they still stimulate the anti-pain receptors somehow.

Insulin, which regulates blood sugar levels, is another endogenous polypeptide. I know that since stomach acid breaks polypeptides down, then things like insulin have to be IV'ed. I also know that from a synthetic chemistry perspective, synthesizing a regular sized polypeptide is a huge undertaking since hundreds of amino acid residues are involved.

So my question is this: if they can somehow come up with injectable insulin to control blood sugar levels and you can IV it and it will work just like your body actually synthesized it itself, are there any injectable endorphins that you can IV and, presumably, experience a morphine like high from?

Actually, AFAIK, the synthesis of peptides is becoming simpler in simpler. Table top machines are being made for this, no?

I don't believe that injected peptides will result in an opiate high. At least not in the sort of strong rush you'd expect. I'd expect that they'd be somewhat recreational, but it's hard to say, not much has been carried out.

How endorphins bind to the same receptors, I'm not sure.

Boiling in Acid said:
why would they bother if they have morphine?
Ain't that the truth =D

Also, FYI: Insulin is injected intramuscularly, not intravenously. (IM not IV). Thinking of insulin IV is weird. Having to IV multiple times a day, and its not even getting you high....