• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery ENDLESSNAMELESS' Recovery Thread (Heroin, Smoked)

Day 14

Lyrica - 200mgs
Tylex - 150mgs (I'm almost out)
Trannex - 3mgs

Today was one of the more difficult days. I woke up in a sweat and felt very lethargic all day. My back is stiff - not sore as such, but stiff.
Pressing on.

Day 19

Lyrica - 200mgs
Trannex - 2mgs (Edit - 3mgs)
Loperimide - 6mgs

Feeling the sudden drop in codeine. Maiinly mild-sweats/chills and of course some 'phantom' pains we'll call them as I know they're not truly real or representative of how I'd feel at base level/normally. I had to drop from 150>60>30>30>0 because I wasnt keeping my eye on the supply. Now, I could get more but I don't know...I'll decide on that tomorrow.

I had a meeting yesterday as regards my search or employment and I was in NO state to be there at all so what did I do? Showed the fuck up anyway.
The meeting was at 2pm and I lay in bed until 13:20pm because I felt so miserable and anxious (hadn't any trannex left at all).
I was in full on panic attack mode when I went in, clammed up, sweating bullets and just told my case worker out straight that I had begun cold-turkey withdrawing from heroin on April 1st...the poor girl looked like she had seen a ghost.

Anyway I need to take a very necessary shower so I may come back and edit this in a little bit. Dreading this.

II
Feel better after the shower. Chills/Sweats significantly decreased. I took another 1mg Trannex before I went in as I felt a bit of anxiety creeping up. Also took 3 x 2mg Loperamide to see if they'd affect the chills/sweats. Taking another 200mg of Lyrica possibly would but I really dont want to be moving up on anything, and I find when I take 400mgs it just makes me very lethargic along with the benzos so I dont think I'll be doing that.

Last edited:
Day 20 - 12:50pm

Tylex - 90mgs
Trannex - 1.5mgs

So I'm going to continue on 90mgs of Tylex for a week, then drop by 30mgs each week thereafter. I might even lessen that timespan as I don't want to be taking anything in a month from now, preferably. As far as I recall the b/o of codeine is ~40% (please correct me if I'm wrong on that), so considering this, it's not a massive amount although still enough to prolong mild withdrawals. They're more so very annoying symptoms as opposed to debilitating but they're enough to justify a gradual wean as if theres one thing I hate its having to shower twice a day due to sweats. I'd run out of clothes in a short period too, although having saved €400 over these past few weeks thats something I've been buying more of. I can feel the chills and sweats dissipating now so evidently it was the codeine that was causing them as opposed to the Lyrica as I haven't taken any today and don't plan on doing so.

The mood is ok today. I'll give it a 6/10. Got out for a cycle in the morning sunshine That could dip and rise over the course of the next few weeks but such is the price of having relapsed for those few weeks and of course a symptom of using and now tapering down from the codeine in a successful effort to mitigate acute withdrawals, not to mention PAWS in general.

I recall getting sober in 2019/2020 which I did over 10 days with a fistful of Neurophen Plus and a tube of Diclac gel in Lanzarote (one of the easiest withdrawals ever which I mainly attribute to the weather and the Long Island Iced Teas for sleep) but my concentration was ridiculously poor for a month or two afterward and just as I was about to graduate from my Music Management & Production Course and move on to my Diploma the pandemic hit and my concentration came back better than ever. Typical. Wrote some nice music during that time. Of course, then people were accusing me of being on uppers because I was so happy and sociable.

May add some more thoughts as the day progresses - especially in terms of shortening that tapering plan regarding the codeine. If I can cut that down to 2 weeks I'd be much happier (in theory), although I'm glad that the 90mgs is doing it as opposed to the 150mgs. I hope everyone is doing well and thank you for reading.