• ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mal3volent

Administrator
Staff member
So what did everyone think about the last installment of this crazy 11 year/22 film Marvel saga? Where do you think the MCU is headed next?

After allowing it to digest a little (watched it Friday), I don't think it was as good as Infinity War, but definitely in the top 5 MCU movies. For me, it's hard to rank though, because I think the primary objective of Endgame was to send this story off into the sunset...rather than have a traditional self contained arc that might have been more pleasing in the short term.

I really wish they would have just left all the Captain Marvel stuff out. She really wasn't necessary and was kind of distracting because at every moment I was just thinking "why isn't she helping with this?". They made up an excuse about earthquakes...but what's more important? Stopping earthquakes or undoing the destruction of half of all life in the universe?

Then when she shows up at the end...sorry, but she could have killed Thanos instantly without even trying. But we instead see Thanos survive long enough to use the power stone to overpower her. She also could have wielded the new infinity gauntlet without dying, thus rendering Iron Man's death pointless. So in my mind, I'm pretending as though she wasn't in the film.

As for the good parts:
All the character stuff, with Hawkeye/Cap/Tony/Peter/Thor was very satisfying.
The time travel made sense, more than in most movies, anyway.
Nebula! That arc was fuckin incredible.
The big battle at the end (minus CM parts)

As for the future, they basically set up Thor to be in space maybe with the Guardians and Valkyrie to be the new ruler of Asgard. Falcon is the new Cap?

Heroes confirmed with a future in the MCU:

Spider-Man (Far From Home this summer)
Black Widow (will begin filming soon...has to be a prequel obviously)
Hawkeye (show on Disney+)
Falcon(cap)/Winter Soldier (Disney+)
Black Panther (black panther 2 confirmed
Doctor Strange (Sequel confirmed)
Scarlet Witch/Vision (Disney+ confirmed)
Guardians (Guardians 3 confirmed)
Loki (Disney+)

New Characters:
Eternals (most likely centered around Sersi and Ikaris)
Shang-Chi (martial arts master, but no superpowers)

With Disney's acquisition of Fox, it's only a matter of time before

X-Men
Fantastic Four

Are also integrated into the MCU.

So all in all, it's the end of an era, but the beginning of a huge new one. Lots to be excited about!

Google "Thanos" and see to the right where there is a wiki with the glove....click the glove, and watch.

You can click the glove a second time as well.

======

After allowing it to digest a little (watched it Friday), I don't think it was as good as Infinity War, but definitely in the top 5 MCU movies. For me, it's hard to rank though, because I think the primary objective of Endgame was to send this story off into the sunset...rather than have a traditional self contained arc that might have been more pleasing in the short term.

I really wish they would have just left all the Captain Marvel stuff out. She really wasn't necessary and was kind of distracting because at every moment I was just thinking "why isn't she helping with this?". They made up an excuse about earthquakes...but what's more important? Stopping earthquakes or undoing the destruction of half of all life in the universe?

Then when she shows up at the end...sorry, but she could have killed Thanos instantly without even trying. But we instead see Thanos survive long enough to use the power stone to overpower her. She also could have wielded the new infinity gauntlet without dying, thus rendering Iron Man's death pointless. So in my mind, I'm pretending as though she wasn't in the film.

Agree, less than IW, and it gains a good bit of love just for having 'everyone' in it. Still good, but not sure if it's in my top5 or not.

I get the point that she went out to help other planets that lost half their life. Ok, :rolleyes:. I hated the gratuitous 'girl power' scene with CM. If she has powers per the tesseract, and is essentially better than everyone, why does she need an all girl support photo opp? Good point about her wearing the gauntlet.

As for the future, they basically set up Thor to be in space maybe with the Guardians and Valkyrie to be the new ruler of Asgard. Falcon is the new Cap?

As I understand it, Falcon DOES become Cap for a bit, at least in one reality (so does Peggy Carter in an alt reality). While Thor was humorous, he was also disappointing to be, essentially, fat joe schmuckface for most of the film. It doesn't really inspire hopes of him doing much of anything after this, and if I read news correctly, just as Evans and Downey Jr. both had contracts to expire and free them out of MCU, I believe Helmsworth is looking to be other things as well (hence MIB Int'l). I'm not sure he'll reprise the role as a lead. Maybe a cameo in other MCU, perhaps with Loki escaping via tesseract and Thor follows. Idunno.

With Disney's acquisition of Fox, it's only a matter of time before

X-Men
Fantastic Four

You mean cross-overs? Or reboot? I'd like to see some cross overs, especially NOT animated films. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

My take coming out of the theater:

Felt longer than normal, but didn't drag, so 3h was ok. I didn't like what they did with a few of the characters, but it didn't ruin the film. All in all, a good wrap up of all threads and closure to this MCU, though I understand a few other individual character films will still come out (Spider-man Europe, perhaps Doc 2 and/or Black Widow and/or Guardians 3).

Lots that felt like they cut corners with no explanation. And if I think longer about them a) there's not another one so why would they have to explain anything to anyone, people are buying tickets anyway, and b) at 3h they would HAVE to cut some corners without explanation. But yeah, some things to scratch your head about if you slow down and think a bit.

Sweet. :D I was beginning to think no one but me cared :cry:. Haha

Yeah I'm thinking their goal will be to incorporate them into the MCU with everyone else. For me having the X-Men involved in the main storyline would be amazing because they were always my favorite comics growing up. Them and Spider-Man. Can't wait for Far From Home by the way, I love the direction they've taken this new series.

I like the animated films, especially Into the Spiderverse. Did you know they're gonna have a "What If" series on Disney+ ? They had What If comics back in the day, not sure if they still do or not. It would be stuff like "what if Spider-Man joined the fantastic four?" Or "what if Thor and the avengers fought the gods?"